Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

No roll back it is staying based on their recent post

With this I am now going to stop playing, after close to 250 hours of playing while fighting through the bad lag, glitch abusers, poor mechanics, griefers, and the trolling admins it is time to know when the game has no future.

• Like 2

Which means many people are leaving I'd say. In my case I'm no longer renting a server thanks to this change (straw that broke the camels back)

Sounds like tomorrows 2x event is their apology for the increased cost and that they are hoping we forget about it and move on.

the truth behind the stone update

Content Manager: We need more building content like medium gates, cornered and triangular stairs and ramps, a new glass section.
Content creator: but I want to play fortn.
Content Manager: There are too many requests, do somting against it, and fix breeding, too
Content creator: 😛 making stone insane expensive, lol, less player = less requests!!!! tasks accomplished!!!

Congrads guys you really earned that sh!tstorm

• Thanks 2

Just now, [RG]Colt said:

maybe there is hope at the end:-)

Translation: "We've been watching the shitstorms brewing all over the Internet and it's obvious we might have pushed a bit too hard with this one, but we have no idea how to back out the stone structure change without looking like asses."

• Thanks 1

What is there for discussion when a large majority of player is pissed off at the stone structure change .

4 minutes ago, Actium Praetor said:

Translation: "We've been watching the shitstorms brewing all over the Internet and it's obvious we might have pushed a bit too hard with this one, but we have no idea how to back out the stone structure change without looking like asses."

let them look like asses when they think with them - like they did and not just once

5 minutes ago, Actium Praetor said:

Not true turn it to improved walls, etc... Apply it to something better to craft.

What the $#!+ is this? So all islands w/o sap is now almost impossible to build above wood? What idiot came up with this idea? Fire them & replace them, they are useless & have no clue what a game needs.

This was a horrible change. 29 pages worth of feedback so I hope someone is watching.

did anyone figure that the changes apply to simple pipes as well ? 

where there was Fiber Keratonoid and Stone needed it now replaces Fiber with Organic Paste and Metal.

Another +1 to a customer who will be uninstalling this game and never supporting anything Wildcard related, if the change isn't reverted by end of the weekend. A one week heads up would at least have helped people who had plans, or were in the middle of something, and while the change wouldn't have been ideal still, at least not screwed over all the people who are now sitting there with something half finished, that'll likely never be finished.
As a person that enjoys building, I have no desire to sail for hours on end to craft a few things. I don't want to build something ugly, or not fully utilizing the various textured pieces available. Unfortunately there is no single player mode either, and unofficials are dodgy, as you could be working on something, and suddenly they stop subscribing.

Without building, there is virtually nothing to do - sail endless water playing dodgeball with ships of the damned (can do this in Sea of Thieves, and at least that is more visually pleasing and more enjoyable), explore the few variations on islands (look at the map, most shapes are reused constantly, just at a different angle).

So yes, good job screwing over all those who enjoy these games strongly for the building aspect

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spiritwind said:

Sounds like tomorrows 2x event is their apology for the increased cost and that they are hoping we forget about it and move on.

Agreed, What we need to do make sure we all continue to raise hell about this garbage patch. They want us to move on, if they don't revert this one due to community feedback, who knows what other terribly unbalanced changes they will make.

Pirate-themed Frogger.  That's all sailing is.  Many players simply avoid it because it's apparently statistically improbable to sail in a straight line across a zone without colliding with an AoD ship.

On land?  Kill Alphas!  Oh, wait, fire arrows aren't very effective for that any more.  Guess we'd better get to work on those stone walls... Oh, wait...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CaptainOkami said:

Another +1 to a customer who will be uninstalling this game and never supporting anything Wildcard related, if the change isn't reverted by end of the weekend. A one week heads up would at least have helped people who had plans, or were in the middle of something, and while the change wouldn't have been ideal still, at least not screwed over all the people who are now sitting there with something half finished, that'll likely never be finished.
As a person that enjoys building, I have no desire to sail for hours on end to craft a few things. I don't want to build something ugly, or not fully utilizing the various textured pieces available. Unfortunately there is no single player mode either, and unofficials are dodgy, as you could be working on something, and suddenly they stop subscribing.

Without building, there is virtually nothing to do - sail endless water playing dodgeball with ships of the damned (can do this in Sea of Thieves, and at least that is more visually pleasing and more enjoyable), explore the few variations on islands (look at the map, most shapes are reused constantly, just at a different angle).

So yes, good job screwing over all those who enjoy these games strongly for the building aspect

Looks like you're not alone. Last Thursday at this time, 18,500 players online... today, 15,000.

Really sad, but i also have to leave as this change dooms me. No way to hold my ground with defence lowered that critical.

I am not very surprised, Wildcard dont like people to defend themselves against trolling alpha tribes.

It seems all of this is a psychological social experiment how much punishment players can take till a revolution takes place.

Its funny what the devs do, one day they say they give advantage to the person being raided, 6 days later they add this patch that proves the oposite, now its to easy to raid people, espesially offline raid people.. 

Yea you can literally break into multi layer wall in a few minutes at best if not quicker. Did they ever fix the multishot cannon bug where clicking fast allowed firing up to 4 shots? The effort to build said wall is considerably higher. Pretty much don't gather anything of worth and keep it stockpiled. Keep minimum resources in your base and only gather and stockpile the moment you are actually going to build. At least then when they break in you aren't losing any pre planned effort to expand or build stuff.

I am at least happy they FINALLY acknowledged the issue. I hope the response will be proper. They increased wood hp up to stone, made stone insanely weaker and then increased the cost. I think stone should have more HP or they should barely buff the extra damage to stone. They should also add a reinforced stone tier with the metal and paste cost I would be totally fine with that and bump its hp up and slightly buff stone so its stronger than wood.

Raiding should be effort just as much as building the defense is.

• Like 1

You know what's really hilarious about tomorrow's 2x event.  The 2x training.  I'd need a bigger stable to put those tames in and guess what. That would cost me metal and paste that I don't even have on my island.

4fa1edc20c0b443e80c1c2edfa251a3f722301f0e4c5f57ebad8658681e98c13.jpg

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 1

I had canceled my anthem pre-order because I was enjoying this, but now it's to hard to even build simple shit. Will give them a few days if nothing changes I guess I will go back to pre-ordering anthem again.

When there is this much anger and this large of a negative impact they need to fix it ASAP, while they still have any player base left.

This seams like a PVP things, so add in metal walls, (even pve players will likely build them for looks) give back the basic stone walls (the way they where), or make it so animals can't harm wood walls or something.

• Like 1

my favorite response to this mess on Jat's twitter.

Thrasyllus
@CynicThrasyllus
 3h3 hours ago

Replying to @Jatheish
"Discussing feedback".. @Jatheish , here's my tip for passing on the feedback. Pick a heavy office chair, aim, and start beating on whoever designs the crafting and game mechanics, followed by the manager who signed off on it. Continue till Organic Paste is all that's left.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Faicorf said:

Its shit like this that makes me wonder if the devs have any common sense in their heads at all. last i checked, to make something out of stone, all it required was stone. I don't see any thatch, paste, metal OR wood in Stonehenge... Yet in this game, you need all of that to make a simple wall... A FUCKING WALL!! Seriously Grapeshit, get your heads out of your ass wallet and actually smell some coffee for once.. the game is just over a month old and you've already almost killed it..

I couldn't agree more with your post, what a shit thing to do...