Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

11 minutes ago, Luneder said:

the devs seems to be distancing themselves, one of the co-founders changed his profile tags and removed himself from any relation to the company so the signs are showing they might be abandoning it. also sounds like other members of the team are doing the same. With how the company is setup it is impossible for anyone to go after the parent company as well if they do drop it and run with the money.

Are you referring to Jesse Rapczak? 

13 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Are you referring to Jesse Rapczak? 

isn't just that, I work in the game industry and have an education in both the art and development along with marketing practices in game development and the red flags are increasing daily that they are screwing their own game on purpose. The entire last patch screams I hate the game and want to kill it and screw over the players as I set it on fire. The second hacking of an admin account beside the first one is very fishy and I am getting doubtful it was actually hacked and was actually the admin saying fuck this game. Most developers would notice right away if someone was messing with a admin account but it was like they sat back watching it happen for 5 or so hours before shutting down the server and then doing a screw everyone roll back by 5 hours that actually didn't roll back far enough for the last hacking since temps in desert regions are still nukes that kill everyone whenever there is a heat wave or freeze to death players with low fortitude at night. I have 74 fortitude and even if I jump in water then enter a building I still get killed by the nuke.

Logged in this morning, saw the changes, logged straight back out. After the Fountain and aging bullshit, and now stupid grind for the only wildlife proof buildings, there's no way I'll be recommending to the rest of my clan that we all get involved. 

Stone is literally the only way to stop your buildings, sleepers and tames from getting eaten overnight, and a good chunk of the map lacks one or other of the new requirements.

I'm in maintenance mode; logging every couple of days to keep our claims alive.

Sort it out, Devs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luneder said:

isn't just that, I work in the game industry and have an education in both the art and development..

No no... you said a co-founder changed his profile and you said it 'sounds' like other members of the team are doing so as well.

Show me. What do you have that proves this?  Not speculation based on your occupation. Proof.

They keep silent in hope that we will gradually accept the change since the dev not respond to us .

That what they did in Ark .

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

No no... you said a co-founder changed his profile and you said it 'sounds' like other members of the team are doing so as well.

Show me. What do you have that proves this?  Not speculation based on your occupation. Proof.

just checked his profile, he has removed grapeshot from his tags as founder, all that is left connecting him to atlas is the posts he made a few days ago but pretty much everything is changed to Ark  only.

it was actually one of my company member that noticed the tag disappeared in the last 24 hours, he originally had a founder of grapeshot tag.

I really can’t do anything more now to my base. I can’t build onto it anymore because there’s no sugar. If I go wood then it’s going to get destroyed by a snake or spear. So what’s the point. What am I supposed to do In game now?

Just now, Tillman said:

I really can’t do anything more now to my base. I can’t build onto it anymore because there’s no sugar. If I go wood then it’s going to get destroyed by a snake or spear. So what’s the point. What am I supposed to do In game now?

make a galleon and run over all the ships sinking them because galleons take no damage from other ships smaller than them.

6 minutes ago, Luneder said:

just checked his profile, he has removed grapeshot from his tags as founder, all that is left connecting him to atlas is the posts he made a few days ago but pretty much everything is changed to Ark  only.

it was actually one of my company member that noticed the tag disappeared in the last 24 hours, he originally had a founder of grapeshot tag.

Ah, ok.  I checked wayback and the only shot they had was from 2016 and it looked pretty much identical to the one there now. That does reek of some internal issues doesn't it?

As a pve'r not really sure what to do for fun now.  Taming/Breeding isnt close to the fun I've had doing in ARK.  Plus it was stated  in Jat's letter they didnt want it to be a focal point anyways.  Now Building  isnt worth the effort needed to make basic structures.  I could get the power stones.  Just seems disappointing that All the good parts of ark for PVE building,Taming,Breeding they seem to be leaving behind.  Not to say my favorite things are important to everyone.  Just had hoped they would consider what people liked in their previous game before dismissing them.

20 minutes ago, Luneder said:

isn't just that, I work in the game industry and have an education in both the art and development along with marketing practices in game development and the red flags are increasing daily that they are screwing their own game on purpose. The entire last patch screams I hate the game and want to kill it and screw over the players as I set it on fire. The second hacking of an admin account beside the first one is very fishy and I am getting doubtful it was actually hacked and was actually the admin saying fuck this game. Most developers would notice right away if someone was messing with a admin account but it was like they sat back watching it happen for 5 or so hours before shutting down the server and then doing a screw everyone roll back by 5 hours that actually didn't roll back far enough for the last hacking since temps in desert regions are still nukes that kill everyone whenever there is a heat wave or freeze to death players with low fortitude at night. I have 74 fortitude and even if I jump in water then enter a building I still get killed by the nuke.

think you might be a bit paranoid lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

Ah, ok.  I checked wayback and the only shot they had was from 2016 and it looked pretty much identical to the one there now. That does reek of some internal issues doesn't it?

the first hacking they said it was an ex-CEO that got into an admin account and he originally listed himself as grapeshot founder so maybe no one made the connection it was him and the ex-CEO thing was made up to cover that he got pissed and trolled the players and the second time the game was supposedly hacked just happens to match up with around the time of his last post related to atlas.

4 minutes ago, Luneder said:

the first hacking they said it was an ex-CEO that got into an admin account and he originally listed himself as grapeshot founder so maybe no one made the connection it was him and the ex-CEO thing was made up to cover that he got pissed and trolled the players and the second time the game was supposedly hacked just happens to match up with around the time of his last post related to atlas.

Well, here's another interesting tidbit. https://twitter.com/jeremystieglitz doesn't list himself as having any association with Grapeshot either but it's pretty obvious he's deeply involved and was listed as co-founder.

13 minutes ago, xenobiaa said:

think you might be a bit paranoid lol 

nothing paranoid about noticing that something changed for the worse around the time of the fountain of youth patch. for all we know a bunch of employees might have gotten fired and the people left are bitter

1 minute ago, strawman said:

nothing paranoid about noticing that something changed for the worse around the time of the fountain of youth patch. for all we know a bunch of employees might have gotten fired and the people left are bitter

No one got fired over the FoY debacle. That was a very small and insignificant speed bump compared to dozens of other issues plaguing the game, let alone what's happened with ARK. 

9 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

No one got fired over the FoY debacle. That was a very small and insignificant speed bump compared to dozens of other issues plaguing the game, let alone what's happened with ARK. 

I think they meant it the other way round as in people were fired and the remaining devs did this and the FOY as a response

1 hour ago, somename said:

and I was going to start building my base out of stone this weekend, guess not..

I know how you feel.  I finally managed to claim the bit of shore I've been eyeing from an abandoned sleeper and in the SAME NIGHT this patch drops.  Granted I have the resources on the island but the metal is half way across the island and HEAVY.  I'm hoping that I still have a couple of the stone blueprints from Flotsam hanging around and they haven't changed that retro-actively.

21 minutes ago, Axden1 said:

I'm sure a response will be given on twitter soon.🤔

they just put up a new post on twitter and they aren't fixing it and are redeploying the same patch.
" - Stone Structures crafting costs have been increased by adding metal cost, and changing fiber requirement to organic paste, which requires both fiber and sap to craft" still in the notes though the wording seems to have changed a little like they are confirming that they aren't going to undo it. This is the updated notes that they linked in the twitter post so it is staying.