Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

I dunno I think I got lucky yesterday. I ran across a buncha sugar that I could harvest. Was on my way to get fiber anyways. To reduce weight on my schooner I just sat there and crafted a bunch as I sailed. But still just doing those 2 things alone since where I live doesn't have a lot of fiber nor Sap in any of its forms. That's several hours of traveling to make organic paste.

Edited by Sadie Blackhawk
  • Like 1

I'm personally looking forward to tonights daily patch that fixes this and breaks something else.

• Like 3

Just now, Axden1 said:

I'm personally looking forward to tonights daily patch that fixes this and breaks something else.

Lol I know. I just burned thru 20k thatch doing a layout for an animal garage. Gotta sail and im kinda waiting to see what they wanna do before I go get Elephant #4 and more thatch.

whoever made the changes to stone is retarded 

wood is killed by animals i've seen a whole wood base be ripped apart by wolves if this was fixed the stone changes would not be so bad 

animals will also do damage though walls destroying storage boxes and sleeping players THOUGH A FUCKING WALL 

i haven't seen a change this bad since DayZ and that dumb ass "Rocket" had the genius idea to make the game unplayable at night 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nari said:

Gates should be just that, a gateway. Not a wall protecting you claim(s)

And why is it that you think this resource change will alleviate gate spam? you do realize that stone walls, foundations and ceilings also cost paste and metal now, so it does absolutely nothing on that front except make it take a little longer for people to get the mats. If they really want to alleviate it, they should have made it feasible and less tedious to make proper walls, such as through the 4x and 8x high walls (or similar) that were in the original S+ mod for ARK, or some other more well designed means.

On PvE, I spent days gathering, crafting and building in order to have a solid looking stonewall surrounding our town as a protection against alphas, with a proper gatehouse and everything. If I was starting from scratch with these costs? heck no! I would never want to go that far just to make our walls look good. At that point I would probably either decide to bite the bullet, or just make gateways which are way cheaper than a properly built wall using foundations, wall pieces and ceilings.

• Like 1

make alter like stone and armored stone for more cost, this change is very bad please hear the community. This change is big and just makes it more of a grind then it already is. 

• Like 1

Just now, totrider said:

And why is it that you think this resource change will alleviate gate spam? you do realize that stone walls, foundations and ceilings also cost paste and metal now, so it does absolutely nothing on that front except make it take a little longer for people to get the mats. If they really want to alleviate it, they should have made it feasible and less tedious to make proper walls, such as through the 4x and 8x high walls (or similar) that were in the original S+ mod for ARK, or some other more well designed means.

On PvE, I spent days gathering, crafting and building in order to have a solid looking stonewall surrounding our town as a protection against alphas, with a proper gatehouse and everything. If I was starting from scratch with these costs? heck no! I would never want to go that far just to make our walls look good. At that point I would probably either decide to bite the bullet, or just make gateways which are way cheaper than a properly built wall using foundations, wall pieces and ceilings.

I tried to make proper walls. So the walls don't clip in the ground properly on incline/declines. Even halfwalls won't go in. It looks totally trailer trash. Ended up ripping it all down cause I couldn't stand the sight of it. I've spent the entire day trying to make an animal barn. But hey I have 2k paste now.

I can't figure out what the problem was with stone structures to begin with?

Horrible change. Please revert back!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, totrider said:

And why is it that you think this resource change will alleviate gate spam? you do realize that [...]

At the time of that post no I had not. BP's in game did NOT display the correct recipes.

Point still stands though. you will be crafting fewer gates so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

al·le·vi·ate
/əˈlēvēˌāt/
verb

1. make (suffering, deficiency, or a problem) less severe.
Edited by Nari

Devs are not able to fix fuck´n Tree and Stone respawn through Foundations but they can make working things unplayable. Again great Job! Is the Intention to make more and more Players sad so there are no Performance Problems anymore? you are on a good way!

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Don't say that.  The EVE Online community got together a number of years ago and had the first case of MMO in-game rioting to protest proposed microtransactions.  I know, I was part of those riots.

https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-players-protest-against-monocle-pricesmicrotransactions-lasers-involved/

CCP who makes EVE capitulated and even changed an in-game monument to commemorate those riots.

"This was once a memorial to the winners of a riddle contest sponsored by late entrepreneur Ruevo Aram. After standing proud for half a decade, it was destroyed in late YC113 by capsuleers who were staging a mass uprising against an intolerable status quo of intergalactic affairs. Today, the ruins of this once-great work of art stand as a testament to the fact that change is the universe's only constant."

CCP actually cared for their players.

Developers of this game haven't even responded to this thread. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Merpz said:

I can't figure out what the problem was with stone structures to begin with?

Horrible change. Please revert back!

If ever there was a problem, it would be that it was too easy to break into...

• Like 1

The silence and ignorance for 12+ hours now, on what is the most popular topic and biggest disapproved of change, is amazing. 3 years learning from ARK, and the lack of a single sentence of communication, shows that they will never learn, be it 3 years or 10 years. Hot topics (or what is well beyond a hot topic at this point) needs to be addressed with urgency @Jatheish, you can't ignore paying/paid customers like that as a lead community manager. Choosing to be silent will not fix the matter, and the increased cost of stone stuff is a huge discouragement to even want to try and play, especially for PvE server players, where these costs make 0 sense, and the resources specifically chosen, aren't logical in the building type.

I enjoy the building side of things, was 50% through making something large, and have absolutely 0 desire to play the game anymore, as it feels like 80 hours of work are wasted, and finishing now would take 3 months rather than 1 week. Players do not enjoy spending 2-4 hours to go get the resources to build 20-50 walls/foundations, etc. If we wanted to grind that badly, there are tons of "grindy" games that are 100x more fun like WoW, or any proper MMO, that has a lot more content and variation.

Edit: And sure we could just build with wood and thatch, which take 1/50th the time to farm, but some of us actually enjoy making our buildings look nice, so for many of us, especially in the PvE world, stone is 100% for looks to begin with.

Edited by CaptainOkami
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Aleeya said:

CCP actually cared for their players.

Well, that's debatable.  CCP cared about their wallet. The big difference between EVE and Atlas is, EVE players could slam their wallets shut and have a huge effect which resulted in them caring. Here, we've already been played.  The only real tools at our disposal are even more negative reviews on Steam or doing something so drastic that it catches the eye of media like PCGamer.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

12 hours ago, Sharana said:

uudVsYh.png

Its shit like this that makes me wonder if the devs have any common sense in their heads at all. last i checked, to make something out of stone, all it required was stone. I don't see any thatch, paste, metal OR wood in Stonehenge... Yet in this game, you need all of that to make a simple wall... A FUCKING WALL!! Seriously Grapeshit, get your heads out of your ass wallet and actually smell some coffee for once.. the game is just over a month old and you've already almost killed it..

• Like 2

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

Well, that's debatable.  CCP cared about their wallet. The big difference between EVE and Atlas is, EVE players could slam their wallets shut and have a huge effect which resulted in them caring. Here, we've already been played.  The only real tools at our disposal are even more negative reviews on Steam or doing something so drastic that it catches the eye of medial like PCGamer.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit. Would you rather we all Sub to Atlas to have more power lol. How much does the avg user spend on EVE and what the $/hr conversion of that money spent? Half off your standard console game shelf price is a steal if you ask me. Its why I don't expect the same level of quality either in game or their in house testing. You get what you pay for.

Just now, Nari said:

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit. Would you rather we all Sub to Atlas to have more power lol. 

I never said there was.  And if this game had been a LOT better thought out, a LOT further into development and if caused the dev team to take notice of threads like this, then yes, I would pay.  I paid for an EVE subscription for over 10 years and had 0 problems doing so.

Just now, Nari said:

Half off your standard console game shelf price is a steal if you ask me.

Half of a pile of shit is still a pile of shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nari said:

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit.

Would you rather we all Sub to Atlas to have more power lol. You get what you pay for.

No, there is nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit, but there IS something wrong with ignoring those who made you that profit... Caring about the money you make, and not the players that gave you their money is a sure fire way to having none of your players respect you, the negative reviews are no longer about a botched up launch, it is about literally incompetent developers that have not got the slightest clue in what they are doing...

If it meant that the devs would stop their bullshit updates and actually put some thought into it and not throwing out shit "updates" that have next to no thought puty into them what so ever. Then yes, I would be Happy to pay a Subscription fee.

I get the feeling you are one of those people that feel Activision and EA (Electronic Arts) have done nothing wrong..

Edited by Faicorf
  • Haha 1

@jatheish should respond and the longer we go without a response we should keep pestering him.  This problem is NOT going away.

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Half of a pile of shit is still a pile of shit.

Can't argue that. However I can remind you that this is the First month of 2 years planned EA development. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was ARK. Compare it's first month to today and is it worth $30 USD? Or the price of the season pass? You bet your ass it is or so many wouldn't have 1-5 thousand hours logged each.

I'd also like to note that they don't fuck with microtransactions in any form. Half the reason I support them tbh.

Edited by Nari

1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

@jatheish should respond and the longer we go without a response we should keep pestering him.  This problem is not going away.

I asked Dollie and him to respond to a post about a player getting very obviously griefed.  Care to guess that the response was?

I would agree with that if they made sound decisions.  Sure there will be screwups along the way.  Always happens.  I just hope the roll the change back and explain why the decision was made to do this.

I was giving this team the benefit of the doubt, but I am starting to rethink that.  They can garner a lot of good will by admitting this was a misstep and correct it.  

If they want to keep it they need a damn good reason for it.  This change was not announced beforehand which leads me to believe they knew it was going to be an unpopular move.  Their PR is utter crap from the looks of it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nari said:

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was ARK. 

And I'm willing to bet that Rome wasn't built as a result of chasing half it's population out of the city gates and shoving a stick up the ass of those that stayed every 24 hours.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2