Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

Never Change a running system... u destroy maybe all northern and southern islands that cant build stone buildings yet because u do organic paste on it.

OK, I just made several stone bases overtop many of the sap nodes on my island. Now I got something to trade on the market. Thanks Grapeshot 😃

Edited by vaylain

2 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Why they will still weigh a lot?

I don't find the weight to be an issue. It would be easier to move around a stack of say 100 (50 weight) versus 5 stacks of 20.

This patch clearly shows the intention of the game is to have mega companies and totally gives the finger to small groups of players.
While some of the aspects of the game has been enjoyable so far, this puts it clearly in the category of DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Raiding inland SHOULD be hard, this update just tips the scales too far in favor of no-lifers and griefers since there is no kind of offline protection.

4 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

This doesn't help right now and may not have fully saved you but I can't recommend the Damage/Healing feats in beastmastery enough.  Double damage and great healing.  Prenerf my wolves tore right through most alphas, now I have to use bears for it.

Oh and instead of dealing with the fountain of youth and the near impossible stuff. I just rerolled my character over the weekend. Only lvl 35 rightnow or 36. Tribemates tried to go to the FOY yesterday and they are rerolling now too.

7 minutes ago, Hodo said:

When I lived in the tundra I had potatoes on my island without digging, I could pick them and get seeds.  As for dying vs eating.. that is another issue and I agree with you there.

But look to trade your regional resources with other smaller companies and see if they are willing to work together.  Form a trade pact of non-aligned companies.   

I am telling you. I have 0 regional resources and I live on a pretty damned big island.  NONE!  I have no potatoes, I have no carrots, no celery, no sugarcane, no honey, no flowers, no maize (that I don't already grow in abundance from seeds like everyone else), no beets, no turnips... From gathering, I can get arctic raspberry, ligonberry and a small amount of cotton. That's it!  Get the picture now?  And I'm pretty damned sure I'm not the only one.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

Where the f**k is the communication?

Where the f**k is the new “community manager?”

When the f**k will we get a level headed approach to ruleset balance, with one ruleset for PvP and one for PvE?

When the f**k will the devs start making changes that cater to people not in a mega-company run by a streamer?

How the f**k does this level of idiocy seep into every design choice Wildshot makes?

Why the f**k don’t they spend a little money and hire competent staff?

Where the f**k did Jat get that stupid pirate costume? 

Edited by Endo Fett
  • Like 3

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

I am telling you. I have 0 regional resources and I live on a pretty damned big island.  NONE!  I have no potatoes, i have no carrots, no celery, no sugarcane, no honey, no flowers, no maize (that I don't already grow in abundance from seeds like everyone else), no beets, no turnips... From gathering, I can get arctic raspberry, ligonberry and a small amount of cotton. That's it!  Get the picture now?  And I'm pretty damned sure I'm not the only one.

You have wood right?  Your wood is different than the wood found in the temperate zone, same for your stone, and your metal, you may have iron, or tin, or copper, when another region may have silver or platinum.   

If your place sucks THAT bad, then you may want to consider moving in with another person and working together to survive on a better place.

1 minute ago, Endo Fett said:

Where the f**k did Jat get that pirate costume? 

Probably on Amazon, it looks like the Jack Sparrow "knock off" costume.  

That recent stream really highlighted how immature and unprofessional they are as a company.

But hey, it’s not like we didn’t expect Wildshot to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

What kind of talented young programmer would want to work for this dumpster fire of a company?

40 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Have they taken it out? I’m making stone stuff now, got 500 metal and 1000 organic paste in, I make the stuff but it doesn’t take it? It’s still at 500 metal and 1000 organic paste after I made 20 foundations. 

Wow just flaunting that 1000 paste!  Just kidding,  but think my main base I got just under 200  FeelsBadMan

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Have they taken it out? I’m making stone stuff now, got 500 metal and 1000 organic paste in, I make the stuff but it doesn’t take it

Wow just flaunting that 1000 paste!  Just kidding,  but think my main base I got just under 200  FeelsBadMan

Edited by Gfnjr

Saps is a Cooking Ingredient item and used for crafting. In Cooking it can be used at the Cooking Pot or the Grill.

Saps is a Cooking Ingredient

This is taken of their own Wiki.

1 minute ago, TyroneLannister said:

Saps is a Cooking Ingredient item and used for crafting. In Cooking it can be used at the Cooking Pot or the Grill.

This is taken of their own Wiki.

The wiki is notoriously bad, but Im not sure what point you’re trying to make...

Think the point they're making is that the use of sap to make stone wall makes no sense. Same for organic paste, i  know this is fantasy game, but using food or animal paste to build walls is a bit out there lol

They had it perfect already, was no need for the change

Edited by Herasea

It is a bad change.  Has my group thinking about taking a year or two off until the devs get their crap together.  It seems they are trying to force people to be nomadic, only making  base to build a ship and then move on (which is generally a daily occurrence if you can't protect it with stone gates or walls...  It completely makes it so larger groups have a huge advantage over the smaller ones, were all just going to get stomped on.  I expect to see player counts drop drastically yet again because of this if they don't do a revert on this change soon...  Won't bother us though if they don't revert, we'll just leave and in a year or two they will either have made smart changes or the game will be dead when we think of returning and we won't bother.

Edit:

Forgot to mention we spent two hours trying to get sap in our tundra zone.  Our island does not have Sap, so we have to sail south (north is tundra).  We finally spent about an hour and a half farming trees, only to be sunk and end up with nothing for our time.  Pretty much this update makes any tile that has no sap unfeasible to build on.  Will either large players moving, or players congregating in sap zones, making those even more laggy than they already are.

Edited by Spiritwind

You can make organic paste out of choral too.... that just requires a bit of diving.  

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Not really an opinion.  When most of my company mates go out to raid, they rarely head to big company lands but to smaller companies they know they can quickly overwhelm and crush.  It is the same in almost EVERY game I have played like this.

No, it's totally an opinion. It is literally just your opinion, that what it is "your opinion" not backed up with anything other then your personal experaince and subject to personal bias. Which is fine, but it is just your opinion. End of.

Not a fact

Now my opinion as an essentially a solo player with a pretty beefy base is that I got raided at the start when my base was small, I have lots of solo players around me in my zone with smaller bases, they get raided a lot. I haven't been raided since the first week in, not once. Those who only have the time and effort to get to the zone (lawless, not stuck here but not really ready to move and... well it's working fine for me at the moment) and build a small wood base generally last about a night, they get their doors bashed in by casuals having a laugh and their stuff taken, let alone anything else.

This isn't a fact either, but it is the experience of an actual solo player surrounded by solo players.

Edited by Not Happy

1 minute ago, Spiritwind said:

It is a bad change.  Has my group thinking about taking a year or two off until the devs get their crap together.  It seems they are trying to force people to be nomadic, only making  base to build a ship and then move on (which is generally a daily occurrence if you can't protect it with stone gates or walls...  It completely makes it so larger groups have a huge advantage over the smaller ones, were all just going to get stomped on.  I expect to see player counts drop drastically yet again because of this if they don't do a revert on this change soon...  Won't bother us though if they don't revert, we'll just leave and in a year or two they will either have made smart changes or the game will be dead when we think of returning and we won't bother.

The fact of the matter is I don't think they care, being as this was originally an Ark Mod, they have made a small fortune from the minor changes they had to make, the fact they only released 4 official servers shows they don't want to spend money, Before you know it there will be Micro Transaction Vendors in freeports selling Organic Paste.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You have wood right?  Your wood is different than the wood found in the temperate zone, same for your stone, and your metal, you may have iron, or tin, or copper, when another region may have silver or platinum.   

If your place sucks THAT bad, then you may want to consider moving in with another person and working together to survive on a better place.

Oh, and different wood has so many uses right? I mean I can... make things of wood.

I have Iron in the rocks which is just about as common as... well... rocks.  And with the current change, I'd have to pound on a dozen rocks just to make one stone wall.

Oh, excellent idea.  I'll just ditch everything I've worked the past 3 weeks for and go back out looking to steal a claim because the dev's just decided to beat me over the head with a nerfbat. I would surmise that at least 40% of the server population now lives in a place with 0 sap.  Taking your advice, those players would suddenly flood an already set of laggy, overpopulated servers in the tropics and temperate regions. THAT is not a solution.

I appreciate you offering suggestions but quit trying to come up with a way to compensate for a really STUPID core change to the game. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Oh, and different wood has so many uses right? I mean I can... make things of wood.

I have Iron in the rocks which is just about as common as... well... rocks.  And with the current change, I'd have to pound on a dozen rocks just to make one stone wall.

Oh, excellent idea.  I'll just ditch everything I've worked the past 3 weeks for and go back out looking to steal a claim because the dev's just decided to beat me over the head with a nerfbat. I would surmise that at least 40% of the server population now lives in a place with 0 sap.  Taking your advice, those players would suddenly flood an already set of laggy, overpopulated servers in the tropics and temperate regions. THAT is not a solution.

I appreciate you offering suggestions but quit trying to come up with a way to compensate for a really STUPID core change to the game. 

I am just offering ideas.  Ultimately it is up to you to choose to act.  You can either be a victim and sit there and wallow in yourself pitty or you can take action.