Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Wrong.  My island has 0 sap.  My island has 0 metal nodes, 0 crystal, 0 gems and 0 salt.  I'm already having to travel just to get fiber which is in very limited quantities.  My island has only basic resources. The only thing my island has of any value are bears, horses, crows and a very few wolves (which have been nerfed to the point they're almost worthless) and lions (which have so few hitpoints as to be almost worthless) which usually get decimated by the bears before they even get to me.  In recent nerfs my island lost all elephants, vultures and scorpions which took away 2 other tradable tames and removed a resource for limited amounts of paste.

So you tell me what I'm supposed to trade for these resources and then you tell me just how many bears am I going to have to stack on my schooner just to get 1000 sap, nevermind the metal I don't have. 

Fun fact...

The United States of America's first major export was timber....  We supplied the French and the Spanish HUGE amounts of timber in their war with England back in the 1800s.  

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Fun fact... "megatribes" or uber-companies actually spend MORE time crushing the little guys because well it is easier.   

Yeah, that's just like.. your opinion man.

And not a fact.

Also, you're suggesting making it even easier. Really not sure where you're going with that.

I don't mind the paste added to the stone as it makes sense and metal to the gateway and doors,, but for the other stuff metal needs to go. I can see this being a good change for when trading comes and the shops that will be at the freeport.

Just now, Hodo said:

Fun fact...

The United States of America's first major export was timber....  We supplied the French and the Spanish HUGE amounts of timber in their war with England back in the 1800s.  

Reason being the French and Spanish had already decimated their forests by then and the US had an over abundance.

Fun fact. 

Trees respawn in Atlas a LOT faster than RL trees and even polar islands have trees.

Wood, thatch, stone, berries are all resources I have in abundance and NONE of those are anything that any other island can't already get locally in abundance.

Just now, Not Happy said:

Yeah, that's just like.. your opinion man.

And not a fact.

Also, you're suggesting making it even easier. Really not sure where you're going with that.

Not really an opinion.  When most of my company mates go out to raid, they rarely head to big company lands but to smaller companies they know they can quickly overwhelm and crush.  It is the same in almost EVERY game I have played like this.

12 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

Can't offline raid on a pve server ^^

They are so worried about building lag in this game why not just mass delete the 27,000 unused Camp Fires , 8,000 rafts, 6000 small shipyards, 1,200,876 Foundations, 2,687,192 Pillars from the players that have not logged in the game for 2 weeks.

Don't forget the overload of creature spawns in some servers.  Both in the ocean and on land.  That sure as hell isn't helping things either.

Fun fact, according to https://steamcharts.com/app/834910#7d

Atlas has lost just about 10% of its currently playing players since yesterday... I wonder why! (I don't)
Now i'm no genious, but i'd think this would be just about the time I would go about apologizing profusely and undo this tragedy of a patch.

At least I think i know where they found the " - Server optimisations to increase performance by approximately 5% ", they just got people to stay out of their game.

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Reason being the French and Spanish had already decimated their forests by then and the US had an over abundance.

Fun fact. 

Trees respawn in Atlas a LOT faster than RL trees and even polar islands have trees.

Wood, thatch, stone, berries are all resources I have in abundance and NONE of those are anything that any other island can't already get locally in abundance.

The point is... TRADE...

You dont have sap up north, but you have cotton, potatoes and other things that people may want.   So you setup a trade deal with a group that has sap but not the other things or are looking for different regional materials for higher end blueprints.   

Just now, Fiil said:

Fun fact, according to https://steamcharts.com/app/834910#7d

Atlas has lost just about 10% of its currently playing players since yesterday... I wonder why! (I don't)
Now i'm no genious, but i'd think this would be just about the time I would go about apologizing profusely and undo this tragedy of a patch.

At least I think i know where they found the " - Server optimisations to increase performance by approximately 5% ", they just got people to stay out of their game.

It is the MIDDLE of the day in the MIDDLE of the week.  

This nerf is not fun at all. Please at least make it easier to craft the organic paste if you insist on keeping these changes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

It is the MIDDLE of the day in the MIDDLE of the week.  

Yes, and so was yesterday, I think wednesday and thursday, are two very comparable days to be honest.

The 10% loss of players was at the exact same time of day, to make it comparable, and still about 2000 less players, out of just over 20 thousand = 10%

Also, this is a gamebreakingly flawed patch, that will take time for people to see for what it is, not everyone is a builder, and not every builder have had time building, but i guess those who have, are logging out, and here on the forums trying to make the devs listen.

Edited by Fiil
  • Thanks 2

Have they taken it out? I’m making stone stuff now, got 500 metal and 1000 organic paste in, I make the stuff but it doesn’t take it? It’s still at 500 metal and 1000 organic paste after I made 20 foundations. 

8 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The point is... TRADE...

You dont have sap up north, but you have cotton, potatoes and other things that people may want.   So you setup a trade deal with a group that has sap but not the other things or are looking for different regional materials for higher end blueprints.   

I have cotton.  I took my bear out during the recent 2x harvest bonus.  In 30 minutes I got 5,000 fiber from it.  I took that same bear down south 2 grids and I got 100,000 fiber in 30 minutes and THAT included paying a 30% tax.

Potatoes? Seriously? When suicide is more refreshing than making food, why bother?  And just how many shovel digs am I going to have to do to get 1000 potatoes and THEN, what can you do with potatoes that you can't do with any other food item?  Make one specific type of meal? Seriously? That has value where?  I'd be paying more in metal to repair that shovel than I'd be able to trade stupid potatoes for.

You are missing the point.  OTHER islands have been given resources EXCLUSIVELY (i.e. metal, sap, crystal, gems, salt) 2 of which are now going to be in extremely high demand.  The island I live on has NO exclusive resources.

NOW... if the devs decided to take all metal from temperate and tropic regions and move it to tundra regions, yea, then I'd have something that others would actually want and I'd be a happy trader.  Right now, I got jack shit.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

As a small company this change means we can't build with stone, that it'll end up being layers and layers of wood walls in an attempt to protect the base. Please revert this change or add a new building tier and bring back stone as it was with the new building tier requiring all those resources and being stronger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Have they taken it out? I’m making stone stuff now, got 500 metal and 1000 organic paste in, I make the stuff but it doesn’t take it? It’s still at 500 metal and 1000 organic paste after I made 20 foundations. 

I just crafted a wall and it DEFINITELY took 20 paste.

13 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I just crafted a wall and it DEFINITELY took 20 paste.

Hm then i’m bugged I guess. Good for me. 

Just now, Percieval said:

Hm then i’m bugged I guess. Good for me. 

Are you building from a blueprint? Apparently those have not had their costs adjusted.

If the organic paste requirement is going to remain, can we get the saps stack size bumped up from 20?

Now mega tribes can really destroy people. yay! this is what we all wanted! I am so pleased with this update. Can we also get 300 organic paste cost to bows, and alloy for arrows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to say thank you to the devs for costing me an elephant due to this assanine update. Oh yeah. since I couldn't finish my stone walls and have to do a thatch layout.... Yeah that's right mated Alpha horses. My poor woodchipper didn't stand a chance. D91BC95589097684DDD6F43CBAA18FF649E22AAF

1 minute ago, TyroneLannister said:

Now mega tribes can really destroy people. yay! this is what we all wanted! I am so pleased with this update. Can we also get 300 organic paste cost to bows, and alloy for arrows.

gems for arrowhead, alloy for the arrow body and a tamed chicken (needs to be sacrificed) for the feathers. Output=1 arrow

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I have cotton.  I took my bear out during the recent 2x harvest bonus.  In 30 minutes I got 5,000 fiber from it.  I took that same bear down south 2 grids and I got 100,000 fiber in 30 minutes and THAT included paying a 30% tax.

Potatoes? Seriously? When suicide is more refreshing than making food, why bother?  And just how many shovel digs am I going to have to do to get 1000 potatoes and THEN, what can you do with potatoes that you can't do with any other food item?  Make one specific type of meal? Seriously? That has value where?  I'd be paying more in metal to repair that shovel than I'd be able to trade stupid potatoes for.

You are missing the point.  OTHER islands have been given resources EXCLUSIVELY (i.e. metal, sap, crystal, gems, salt) 2 of which are now going to be in extremely high demand.  The island I live on has NO exclusive resources.

NOW... if the devs decided to take all metal from temperate and tropic regions and move it to tundra regions, yea, then I'd have something that others would actually want and I'd be a happy trader.  Right now, I got jack shit.

When I lived in the tundra I had potatoes on my island without digging, I could pick them and get seeds.  As for dying vs eating.. that is another issue and I agree with you there.

But look to trade your regional resources with other smaller companies and see if they are willing to work together.  Form a trade pact of non-aligned companies.   

Just now, Sadie Blackhawk said:

I'd like to say thank you to the devs for costing me an elephant due to this assanine update. Oh yeah. since I couldn't finish my stone walls and have to do a thatch layout.... Yeah that's right mated Alpha horses. My poor woodchipper didn't stand a chance. D91BC95589097684DDD6F43CBAA18FF649E22AAF

This doesn't help right now and may not have fully saved you but I can't recommend the Damage/Healing feats in beastmastery enough.  Double damage and great healing.  Prenerf my wolves tore right through most alphas, now I have to use bears for it.

4 minutes ago, Brute45 said:

If the organic paste requirement is going to remain, can we get the saps stack size bumped up from 20?

Why they will still weigh a lot?

• Like 1

Lol I was upstairs getting more shit to make thatch crap. I seen the death message and saved my rhino. It decided that it didn't like the thatch either and started whacking that