Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

What the Fuck.

Start to lisent your community would be a great idea now.

We can lost time going to the fkin fountain of youth but we cant lost so many time on this.. you are doing a game for mega clans 

1 minute ago, Implicitlee said:

Yes the easy solution to top tier building Put STONE BACK and release Metal Structures this would actually take seconds to do because they can cut and paste the Ini from Ark

metal structures would be stupid in a pirate themed game.

12 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

I respecced out of stone crafting can someone please add Metal and Organic Paste to this build please

I have used in my Base

704 Stone Floor

752 Stone Walls

300 Stone Ceilings

92 Roofs

3 Small Gate Ways

3 Small gates

1 Large Gateway

1 large Gate

22 Stone Doors

To craft that now how much metal and Paste would I need? I am a solo player no company mates to help me out.

No offense but that is a HUGE project for a solo player and no reason to have something that big.

• Confused 1

Just now, Hodo said:

No offense but that is a HUGE project for a solo player and no reason to have something that big.

Its already done, I was about 7 walls 4 ceilings and 4 roofs short when the patch hit I got lucky but not the point, the screenshots are on a post I made earlier its nice but not amazing

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

F You, I am a solo player as well and I have no problem farming to build things. It is the best part about the game to me. I love building, what the hell gives you the right to tell us solos what is "too big to build"?

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 5

Honestly don’t even want to play anymore. 531 hours and most of it is building in stone. If they keep these changes Im done, and so are the best builders from most of the Co.s I know.

Congrats Grapeshot. now your entire game, PvE included, will be filled with even more talentless cubes. Only this time they’ll be twice as big, multilayered, and made of wood.

All that scenery you used in the trailer to sell the game...IS PLAYER MADE!

Your assets and scenerey are frankly boring, and it’s up to the players to make interesting castles, towns, etc. for us to discover.

You have ruined this aspect for so many people in one fell swoop.

F**k you

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

No offense but maybe he doesn't want somebody stealing his tiddlywinks every single night. The reason is obvious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vaylain said:

F You, I am a solo player as well and I have no problem farming to build things. It is the best part about the game to me. I love building, why the hell do you think you get the right to tell us solos what is "too big to build" for solo players?

I think its about terms of server performance. If every single person had a massive base all to themselves, the server wouldn’t even operate.

Just now, Endo Fett said:

I think its about terms of server performance. If every single person had a massive base all to themselves, the server wouldn’t even operate.

They they should NOT advertise the game as they have, open more servers, Cannot punish us because they cannot hold up their end of the bargain.

• Like 1

Yeah, and now we'll have 5 to 10 times the structures made out of wood instead of stone. They just made a bad thing worse.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, vaylain said:

F You, I am a solo player as well and I have no problem farming to build things. It is the best part about the game to me. I love building, what the hell gives you the right to tell us solos what is "too big to build"?

I am a strong believer in the EVE rule, fly what you can afford to lose.  

This is the same here, build what you can defend and replace.  Dont go ham trying to build a scale replica of Lower Manhattan because you can, and then get mad because someone drives by and obliterates it because it is a laggy eye sore. 

• Confused 1

it will all balance out with trading. With trading you have to think in terms of encouraging trading and making it harder to be self sufficient. Traders trade - your tundra island is just a route to a trader - what do you want delivered ?

J

My personal belief is they need to keep one or the other not both.

Either keep the cost of stone but make stone stronger again or remove the cost change on stone and make it easier to raid.

its crazy to have both and kills off smaller groups or solo players. YOU ARE HURTING THE COMMUNITY 

Just now, Implicitlee said:

They they should NOT advertise the game as they have, open more servers, Cannot punish us because they cannot hold up their end of the bargain.

I totally agree with you! I think everyone should be able to build to their heart’s content.

But the reality is that there are some pretty severe server limitations at the moment.

Responsible builders will always try to use the minimum, even on massive projects.

A design is only complete once there’s nothing left to remove after all.

They didn't make Metal structures NEED Element in Ark they brought out a new line called Tek Structures the lazy bastards on this game just rehashed Stone, pretty much like they rehashed this Ark Mod and released it called Atlas Game.

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

This is the same here, build what you can defend and replace.  Dont go ham trying to build a scale replica of Lower Manhattan because you can, and then get mad because someone drives by and obliterates it because it is a laggy eye sore. 

If someone actually created a scale model of Manhattan and all you could see was a “laggy eyesore” I feel sorry for you.

And, not everyone is playing PvP, I’d hazard a guess that MOST in this game play PvE.

Edited by Endo Fett

If someone actually created a scale model of Manhattan and all you could see was a “laggy eyesore” I feel sorry for you.

One man's art is another man's trash.

• Like 1

they either need to keep the stone damage buff or keep the stone cost increase.

NOT BOTH! 

2 minutes ago, Naetschie said:

Realy rollback this change! You make it wayyyy to easy for people to offline raid you...

Can't offline raid on a pve server ^^

They are so worried about building lag in this game why not just mass delete the 27,000 unused Camp Fires , 8,000 rafts, 6000 small shipyards, 1,200,876 Foundations, 2,687,192 Pillars from the players that have not logged in the game for 2 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The Logic doesn't work here, you're encouraging small or solo players to build bigger as effort somewhat increases exponentially with size. Go small and anybody with a little bit of time can break in and take all your stuff, go really big and it takes a megatribe to do so and as a general rule they are busy messing with other mega tribes.

Edited by Not Happy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

The Logic doesn't work here, you're encouraging small or solo players to build bigger as effort somewhat increases exponentially with size. Go small and anybody with a little bit of time can break in and take all your stuff, go really big and it takes a megatribe to do so and as a general rule they are busy messing with other mega tribes.

Fun fact... "megatribes" or uber-companies actually spend MORE time crushing the little guys because well it is easier.   

16 minutes ago, hands solo said:

it will all balance out with trading. With trading you have to think in terms of encouraging trading and making it harder to be self sufficient. Traders trade - your tundra island is just a route to a trader - what do you want delivered ?

J

Wrong.  My island has 0 sap.  My island has 0 metal nodes, 0 crystal, 0 gems and 0 salt.  I'm already having to travel just to get fiber which is in very limited quantities.  My island has only basic resources. The only thing my island has of any value are bears, horses, crows and a very few wolves (which have been nerfed to the point they're almost worthless) and lions (which have so few hitpoints as to be almost worthless) which usually get decimated by the bears before they even get to me.  In recent nerfs my island lost all elephants, vultures and scorpions which took away 2 other tradable tames and removed a resource for limited amounts of paste.

So you tell me what I'm supposed to trade for these resources and then you tell me just how many bears am I going to have to stack on my schooner just to get 1000 sap, nevermind the metal I don't have. 

IF... I had access to a resource not available to those on islands with sap, I'd be out there right now farming it to go trade.  But I don't.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

Can't offline raid on a pve server ^^

They are so worried about building lag in this game why not just mass delete the 27,000 unused Camp Fires , 8,000 rafts, 6000 small shipyards, 1,200,876 Foundations, 2,687,192 Pillars from the players that have not logged in the game for 2 weeks.

Lol you forgot the hundreds of sloops that get left at the fountain of youth on a daily basis