Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

8 minutes ago, TwistedEndz said:

it really points to this

Speculation, doubtful that's the reason for the change. Players are still going to make tons of walls despite the change.

Organic paste cost also makes the resource a valuable trading commodity.

Edited by Bad News Bear

8 minutes ago, TwistedEndz said:

it really points to this

Yeah no it doesn't.  Buildings are not causing lag to that extent.  Games like this are 100% not meant to be played on whatever the hell you are on making you think that.  Your lag issues are related to network code that needs to be adjusted, players from regions that have high ass ping, and boat rendering not having any optimization patches at all.

2 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

Speculation, doubtful that's the reason for the change. Players are still going to make tons of walls despite the change.

Organic paste cost also makes the resource a valuable trading commodity.

it's also dumb though

Come on devs, your player base would like to know whats going on! Shame they wont read any of this thread!

• Like 3

Be good materials for a new type of stone structure (Reinforced stone structure).  Instead of guessing and speculating I would love to know why the addition of metal and organic paste was added to stone structures? @[GP] Guybrush Threepwood Organic paste makes absolutely no sense. The metal could be fine if it was in a proper quantity.  Organic paste is to limited to certain areas, while metal is normally only 1 maybe two grids away from most people. Whether its on your own island or a near by lawless region. 

• Like 1

Any one who has played Ark knows that what we have now are Metal Structures, the IDIOTS at Grapeshot are either too stupid or too lazy to release a full set of structures so they just changes Stone, at least change the tooltip

Thatch Structures

Wood Structures

Metal Structures

I usually just sit back and let the devs do what they need to do, but I am really questioning this decision. My company just claimed some land finally (in the arctic of course) and now this. I feel very much screwed over with this change. Saying it will stop people from "building absurdly large bases" isn't true at all since, and I quote from the 15.61 update, "- Thatch Structures have had their crafting costs reduced by 3x." So I can just easily make a thatch empire to "lag up a server". Where is the logic in that?

Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, stone is suppose to feel more endgame, and increasing the cost makes something made out of stone more rare, harder to get, and maybe can be more of a sign of a company's power/time in the game, but adding metal to stone is silly unless they will add a new tier beyond stone that uses metal. That or change the stone textures/models to have metal in it? I feel like they should be fixing the huge issues of the game instead of dinking around with low hanging fruit, unless they are running into issues fixing/optimizing things and wanted to make the patches feel bigger so they are adjusting small stuff.

How about changing the breeding system so you don't have to literally spend 24+ hours straight in game to raise an animal? Come up with a better fix for boat griefing instead of this "barrier" crap. I have been accidentally stuck on more little junk rafts than I would care to say because you just glide around on it and can't leave it. Either way, I hope this gets rolled back or at least have the costs reduced a bit.

Edited by Vies

Guys... lets sit down for a second and think about the "buildings cause lag"-reasoning everyone is pulling outta their butts...

The servers in Atlas have WAY less space to build than Ark Servers have. Nonetheless, ARK Servers run perfectly smooth, even on PVE where ppl build INSANELY big bases with thousands of Structures accumulated densely.

This game here is a copy-paste of ark, so are their servers, except for the wind + ship + server-transfer calculations.
Building is the same like in Ark, as well as structure calculation shit is (just an assumption in the end, as i havent seen the code itself).

There just ONE tiny difference:

Theres NOT EVEN REMOTELY as much space to build on to make the server lag in ANY WAY.
So STOP with this bullshit reason "it makes it less laggy", it doesnt, and ppl just grind harder to build the same amount of structures.
Just stop it, please!

Edited by DNAofDeath
  • Like 1

So...where does the balance team get off by introducing paste to the crafting format for stone...EVERYTHING?!

Stone structures are easy to kill off, if you're not someone who needs their hand guided with every survival experience. 

Grapeshot, the stone gates were a needed nerf (If anything remove the gates from the game...) BUT since when does masonry require ORGANIC PASTE?! 

If you strive for a realism aspect. You certainly have ruined ANY chance for builders in over 66% of the map. 

You can do the math here buds, I believe sap grows in more temperate regions. So the regions 13 and down need to travel 4+ blocks for this sap. Regions 3 and up need to travel 4+ blocks for paste.

YOU'RE RUINING THE GAME EVEN MORE. You are making people in the 2 biomes that have nothing already travel extremely far for....stone structures. 

LET ALONE WE ALREADY NEED AN ABUNDANCE FOR FUR WHICH YOU ONLY NEED IN THE TUNDRA REGIONS. 

Coral is apparently out there....but in very small amounts in the tundra regions. But my company, and myself have yet to see it.

Think before you speak grapeshot....seriously.....you are ruining 90 servers. 1-3 A through O(45 servers on the top regions)  and also 13-15 A through O. (45 servers for the bottom regions)

Do you think making 90 servers worth of people migrating even MORE for defensive structures and simply living is tangible? DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Piss poor nerf.

• Like 2

The additional resources to crate stone structures is a little ridiculous. Some islands have zero pure metal nodes so then your resorted to pickaxing your brains out for hours to get a small amount of metal for other things and now you need it for stone too is bogus. Now the addition of  paste is just as absurd since there is only specific places where saps can be found and some islands have non. So please revert this change and stop making the game to where you have to play in mega tribe or be a 24/7 no lifer beating your head against the wall for hours before making any progress. 

• Like 1

Side note....I have 300 hours in as of right now. And I'm just getting burnt out by your awful implementations. I'd rather go back to playing Dark and Light ffs.

• Like 1

+1 this thread - this was a really poor decision by the game devs.  In light of all the technical issues and exploits the game has, at this point it basically feels like you are rewarding hackers and exploiters and punishing people who play the game by the rules - as i've only seen you make it more and more challenging for good actors, and take no action or punish bad actors.

Now I at least have a better understanding why most streamers have quit the game or moved off of official servers.

The unfortunate part is that someone will think that reverting this back, will make them look like they don't know what they are doing - so out of sheer stubborn stupidity of ego... this change will remain.

Edited by Omgthisnamesux
  • Like 2

They don't have a balance team. They don't have anyone that plays their own game. That isn't hyperbole, it's simple fact. 

• Like 1

Oh great, so now stone structures will be limited to islands controlled by large companies with sap sources and everybody else can go F themselves, genius! Also way to give a massive advantage to those who already have their massive stone/gates structures.

• Like 2

I live on an island that HAS sap and this change is stupid to me... you have killed the people who live in the northern climate.  They have are going to be stuck in wood and thatch forever.

• Like 1

I actually like paste being included,   But 1 f'ing piece per wall would be idea.  

Grapeshot:  let's do the FOY

Grapeshot to themselves:  hold my own beer let's Rekt stone structure 

• Like 2

this change really affects casual and small companies the most.  because we rely heavily on our defenses.  as we don't have hundreds of people to build for us.

• Like 1

seriously though, this is a bullshit nerf to stone and its completely unnecessary, organic paste AND metal ONTOP of that and all the other materials is insane, the stone structures didnt even get massive hp boosts so the extra cost is completely pointless. Devs what the fuck are you thinking? kindly roll back the nerf.

Edited by xenobiaa
  • Like 2

"You guys have cell phones right?".....Another clueless company!! Nice work grapeshot, I am very excited to see what the next patch will be, it seems you are on a roll to self destruct the game. Clearly, you do not play your own game otherwise you'd make stop making patches while drunk.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1