Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

1 hour ago, SockStink said:

But as it was before this patch it was possible to raid. Not too easy and not too hard. Perfect balance imo

Not really. It was very slow going and expensive compared to the cost what you were raiding. It was more cost effective just to go around sink the enemies then bother hitting their stone bases.

Fuck this.
First they fuck Taming with tames unable to be tamed if they glitch through pens... (how about fixing your fucking collision boxes so they don't bloody clip through in the first place)... only they also glitch in open ground.

Now they fuck building...

- Stone Structures crafting costs have been increased by adding metal cost, and changing fiber requirement to organic paste, which requires both fiber and sap to craft

Organic paste for stone walls? Piss off.
I'm rapidly running out of things to do for my company. I'm a PvE player on a PvP server. Companies need all sorts of players to be successful in these games... but good luck with your game when you lose the people who normally enjoy the tasks others find tedious.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

I am actually not surprised that they changed the prices because lets be honest here stone was ridiculously cheap and easy to spam given how effective it was. Raiding stone bases with cannons/explosive was very cost inefficient vs the cost of the materials used to construct it. This is a good change that should hopefully open up the game to more PVP.

The problem though that I see is the way they have gone about implementing this. They should have wiped all structures (or just stone in particular if they could get that selective) to keep the game balanced because right now anyone that has built a large stone base has a significant advantage over those that have yet to do so in time and effort. In most games these kinds of radical changes are accompanied by a structure wipe.

think about this:

nerfing the stone structures like they did, and adding a metal reinforced stone structure tier with added metal and paste as cost, nobody would have said a word.

I see their point of nerfing stone but c'mon what a fucking way they chose to do it - as always

2 hours ago, Pindrought said:

I tried explaining this to people who think that the buildings are lagging the server, but they don't seem to understand.

When a player that has a giant base loads in on a server, you absolutely notice the lag. Structures do affect lag but it is more of a once off rather then a constant lag unless the base is really large in which case it is both. Having a lot of ships around also add considerable lag.

4 hours ago, Luneder said:

did they get hacked again but this time the hacker put in his own patch?

Hehehe. Someone gained access to Jat's admin account and posted comedy patch notes... 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Not really. It was very slow going and expensive compared to the cost what you were raiding. It was more cost effective just to go around sink the enemies then bother hitting their stone bases.

It really wasnt hard or expensive, where i live, every stonestructure even near water, get full of holes on nearly a daily basis, simply by people sailing by.

It might have been a slight hassle to collect metal, but this change simply makes it way too easy for the attacker.

But this will ofcourse just be fixed by adding 30 gems + 30 organic paste to every cannon ball...

• Like 1

People, the money is in their pockets. The 40k people in game was a lie because the server cant handle more than a few people on each grid before lag terribly.  They are finishing the interest of the players systematically :

-We can't tame anymore without dying 25 times and loosing the tame because taming pans don't work anymore and the "feeding box" is the size of an eye (to not say another hole).

-We can't build because they increased  the materials insanely and most of the islands don't have the resources needed

-They created the Fountain of Youth, you receive a age penalty but when you go for it its a sh*t show.... mobs lvl 200 and the servers cant handle  the load and start a count down to kick out people from there

-They don't realize there are people on PVE servers, everything is about PVP and the PVE are fuc*ed with most of the changes

Conclusion: They want to kill the game and have less trouble or they want us to give up and open space for new players. 

• Like 3

Let me predict their next patch - "Sap resources increased. Reduced explosive damage to structures by 50%". They never learn...

• Like 1

9 cannonballs to break a stone gate which costs like 300 alloys and 500 paste. While the wooden one needs 7. This is an absolute joke.  balance is completely wrong should take 30 at least 

• Like 2

u made the walls less durable and pushed the materials to craft them. in Addition still no legal method to Transport heavy loads like the required metal ^^

gj 😄 sounds like a really nice game. to be honest....... thinking about to Switch to another game

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IAmAnEasterEgg said:

9 cannonballs to break a stone gate which costs like 300 alloys and 500 paste. While the wooden one needs 7. This is an absolute joke.  balance is completely wrong should take 30 at least 

I agree the material balance is quite off but that said the spirit of the change is to be commended just not how it has been implemented.

• Like 1

Bah in before they increase everything cost . Another stupid nerf to PVE just because of PVP .

I think keep the cannon ball damage to wall and revert the stone structure cost is better ....

Yea they have to introduce  some kinda  sap, like tree gum/resin. Maby introduce a tool to gather it from trees like you where used to in Ark.

16 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

This is a good change that should hopefully open up the game to more PVP.

I think PvP should be encouraged to happen at Sea. Also raiding bases without active player protection is PVE, fort's should be hard to construct yes, but raiding them should be a rare and extremely costly occurrence.

Like I said in a previous post (along with other things) put rare and needed resources (in any decent quantity) in special zones you cannot build in, have ships that need to be setup for trasnport and they forgo defence for this purpose and encourage what this game should be about, piracy at sea.

• Like 2

So,  I remembered I made about 25 stone walls extra the other day since 2x weekend.  I'm selling cheap anyone hit me up!  LUL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kampfer91 said:

Bah in before they increase everything cost . Another stupid nerf to PVE just because of PVP .

I think keep the cannon ball damage to wall and revert the stone structure cost is better ....

Yeah, well it's primarily a PvP game to be honest, obviously... pirates?

Also if you love PVE you have plenty of options, which will only increase, for a private server where you can set the resources as you want to make pretty stuff to look at.

this new option with metal and paste sucks so hard ....       all the great tribes got so much stone structures and the little one cant build them so fast after the last patch  GJ kill your own Game   WoW    RIP ATLAS  ( WIPE SERVER best OPTION )

• Like 1

So, i'm just wondering, how many are (like me), not playing like they would otherwise have done, and merely checking here, to see if they fixed their patch bug? 😄

• Like 4

I think they want 10 mega tribes in this game ....    because tribes under 30ppl cant handle it,  you need so much stuff now but a wall needs only 20 grenades   WOW   rip tribes/game   now all the greater tribes with 150ppl above are raiding now  gj... 

• Like 2

WOW! organic paste to make a gate is through the roof! Only the rich can afford gates now! The alloy was hard enough to get now Devs have added organic paste, and not just a little! also added it to stone walls and such! really!

been nice playing but not playing this game with so much advantage to the rich!

Edited by Dufflebag
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, BaShalDoR said:

I think they want 10 mega tribes in this game ....    because tribes under 30ppl cant handle it,  you need so much stuff now but a wall needs only 20 grenades   WOW   rip tribes/game   now all the greater tribes with 150ppl above are raiding now  gj... 

Can only agreee here, it has been almost impossible to do anything with like 30  before the most recent patch since bigger groups just grief your ships 24/7 with oiljars and explosive barrels and now it gets even worse since you cant build a proper base anymore.

And to top that you have to travel around the whole map to craft stonestructures unless you live on a sap island.🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sinister
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fiil said:

So, i'm just wondering, how many are (like me), not playing like they would otherwise have done, and merely checking here, to see if they fixed their patch bug? 😄

Im with you. 

Tbg, I think only rollback or wipe can fix this. Imagine how many mats they just gifted to ppl. Im destroying all stone for free iron. I dont see any point in keeping walls if they can't handle shit.

SPAM THATCH WALLS!

• Like 2

Seems like a total fubar change.

Not to mention half-hearted and spur of the moment, where exactly on a stone wall is this metal? - is it secretly reinforced concrete with rebar inside?

Are you also going to change it's appearance to show this new found need for metal? or are you just already ready to fuck up your game in that aspect too?

• Like 1