Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

yea this update is the most dumbest one they have ever done rather then fixing what players actually ask for lets do an update that is not needed and piss everyone off i mean come on 35 metal for a wall which doesn't even have metal on it yet only 40 stone its retarded reason build stone stuff is because alphas and snakes like to sit and destroy wooden stuff just because they can 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Vloshko said:

I try and simplify several processes and someone takes it too literally. "uncle! uncle!"

Well don’t simplify it so I might be able to understand what you’re trying to say. You do realize games handle data much different than a traditional SQL or Oracle DB right?  SQL is a consolidated approach games are the exact opposite.

I just wanted a small and safe place for me and my friends to survive in the tundra and now I'll have to honeycomb 5 rows of wooden walls T_T

• Like 1

GG! I think we are done. Our 4 men crew is screwed. How do we defend ourselves now? Everything can be destroyed in 1h while we sleeping. 

Bonus: We don't have iron on our island 

I imagine big guilds are currently  destroying old walls/buildings for that sweet iron/paste.

You are just killing the game with these random "balance" changes. 

I don't have any will to login now.

Edited by Blackthron
  • Like 3

Impressive!

Not only is the cost increase insane, but together with the nerf in strength, its just horrific..
Even if this patch only had one of those changes, it would be a "rage quit" worthy event for most smaller company's, but together its like the perfect storm.

And what is our alternative to stone?
Wood is not protected against animals, and with many aggressive animals tendency to just chew away on structures for long periods of time, its just not a viable alternative.
And that is even before you take into consideration of PVP, where anyone can, and often do, hack through wood in a very short time.

If the devs thought honeycomp 2/3 layer stone bases was bad, wait till they see 10layer wood, if they see it, and people doesnt just stop playing..

And on top of all this, did I just read the notes right?.. did they make Galleons able to just ram everyones ships (anchored or not), and be able to sink them with no cannons fired, and no damage taken?

• Like 3

Revert this please - it benefits no one and has only upset the majority of the player base

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Swordphobic said:

I just wanted a small and safe place for me and my friends to survive in the tundra and now I'll have to honeycomb 5 rows of wooden walls T_T 

Make that 15 layers mate

• Like 3

sad part about this change is there is no explanation as to why they thought it was good idea

• Like 3

LOL ! they hope us build less structure to decrease lag , but instead , we will build even more to protect us !

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kampfer91 said:

LOL ! they hope us build less structure to decrease lag , but instead , we will build even more to protect us !

Better be fast, next patch might add crystal to wood structures - who knows what they come up next 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hey lets nerf the stone structures by 60-250% while we add metal and paste as cost, thats a genius idea because adding metal and paste to a general stonewall will weaken it hardly

and yeah that 500 saps are devided into 25 stacks and weights the same as 500 stone I dont need to mention I guess, that makes transporting it sooooo much fun

thanks devs another glorious decision in which you proved to have no brain at all

• Like 3

I hear you all talking about honeycombing in wood now but little do you know the next patch will be 5 x cost of wood with 3 x damage from animals, torches, and fire arrows as well as flamethrowers attached to bear carts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Это фиаско......Просто фиаско. И без того невозможно защитить свою базу пока ты спишь/на работе/ушел по делам . Так Вы еще и фиксите урон по каменным постройкам?   Теперь разбить каменную постройку вообще бесплатно, получается? Вы понимаете, что сейчас просто ради фана, кто-нибудь поедет и снесет половину построек на всех серверах ? 

Well,  looks like I'm Respec'ing and not unlocking stone!  Holy shit this is insane!  

When I 1st read about this I figured ok probably 1 paste and maybe 5 metal per stone wall................W     T      F

Next patch:  Powerstones per wall! 

Edited by Gfnjr
  • Like 3

Here we go - the first of the loony updates, why for what reason is this. Are you trying to kill off this game? It is hard enough to gather the mats for a reasonable sized building as it was, Now more damage against structures, more expensive to make and no increase in resistance = why build stone structures cost vs benefit is way out - just not worth the effort anymore. Please reverse this Nerf its ridiculous. By all means make sensible updates but this is beyond the pale.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Evir said:

Literally never had this happen. You guys must build very weird. Never lost an animal in any base I have built. 

Double wall, double gate, done and done, you can make a wood box, then stone foundations around it, then a 2 high stone wall around it, with a stone gate on the outside and a wood gate on the inside, you will have zero problems unless you let the animals in yourself.

So far Ive lost 3 sheep and a crow inside their pens due to snakes getting into my building. When I logged in this morning I had a cobra already in the house.

• Like 1

What I don't understand is how they can add this and not do a wipe. Basically all the current large tribes that have giant bases made of stone now have a huge advantage over everyone else.

I'm in one of these top 10 tribes atm and I still think if you are going make a change this radical it needs to be followed through with a full server wipe or at least a structure wipe because otherwise its highly unfair to players.

• Like 2

If it don't make cents since  it don't make dollars! 

Im sure someone is going to tell you relax its EA everything is fine... drink the cool aid

• Like 1

Sap as cement or glue for the Stone, which are incrased now with a metal whire inside. 

That's Why the Stone Elements got some decrased durability 😂

I am actually not surprised that they changed the prices because lets be honest here stone was ridiculously cheap and easy to spam given how effective it was. Raiding stone bases with cannons/explosive was very cost inefficient vs the cost of the materials used to construct it. This is a good change that should hopefully open up the game to more PVP.

The problem though that I see is the way they have gone about implementing this. They should have wiped all structures (or just stone in particular if they could get that selective) to keep the game balanced because right now anyone that has built a large stone base has a significant advantage over those that have yet to do so in time and effort. In most games these kinds of radical changes are accompanied by a structure wipe.