Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

This change legit needs to be reverted. There was no reason to change the way we build stone and especially not considering that some regions dont even have access to some of the things needed anymore.

Paste is hard to get in the tundra, metal is hard to get in certain places and with the current weight on it its hard to transfer it back to your island while dodging all the ships on the sea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I'm going back to bed and I hope when I wake up this nightmare will have ended.

Good luck falling asleep thinking about all the metal and paste you will be grinding tomorrow

So now I am supposed to import metal AND paste, while defending my base so I am supposed to clone myself 2 more times, because you see, some dumbo at Atlas HQ decided this is a good idea...I can just imagine how it all went down.

Meanwhile at Atlas HQ:

"Boys big buildings are making our servers lag how should we fix this?"

"Make the buildings cost more instead of fixing the server issues?"

"YEAH!"

21 minutes ago, Evir said:

It is not my computer, it is the latency, it has 250-300 ping. I have a 1080 TI an I7, 32g of ram, the structures load in fast for me, it is the latency that is the issue. The game is extremely choppy and rubberbands a ton. 
You keep saying things as if you know, but you clearly haven't sailed around that much.  One server, perfectly fine with 50-60ms, the next with less population has 250-300, then the next has more people and is basically unplayable.

See this for your 1st line to 2nd line:

22 minutes ago, Vloshko said:

The real problem that might be affecting some of you (regarding the slideshow effect) is that the devs haven't capped the FPS. For this game it's like telling your GPU to go ham and don't stop till you drop. Which is really concerning for your GPU's health.

For your last two lines, 1. you don't know anything about me or how I have played or where I have explored. I live in a zone with probably 100k foundations (10k I put down over 4 days, I kept notes), 300ish stone gates, and 250ish ships; our company alone has 200 tames.

At 06:00 MST with 13 players online I have 60-80 Ping. Most not doing much besides farming or placing static objects.

At 18:00 MST with 75-130 players online I have 220-260 Ping. Most ordering tames, fighting with creatures, moving ships.

I'm not saying your computer is shit, I'm saying server optimization and settings are shit. It's illogical and unfathomably unlikely that static assets are causing high ping.

Edited by Vloshko

31 minutes ago, Vloshko said:

Large bases aren't the reason for the lag, it's not 100% certainty, but it's highly unlikely. Just as I can't say with 100% certainty people aren't abducted by aliens.

Basically, when there are pieces being rendered, your computer cares, to a server, that doesn't matter really. The server just tells your PC what is there. The server doesn't care what is there static wise (any not moving building piece). The server does care about moving parts. For instance, ships, tames, & NPCs; especially the scripts that control the latter 2. The server calculating what needs to happen is most likely the problem (what the animals need to do, what the NPCs need to do, what path your ship is going etc). 

The only possible problem is that there is a database overload, but that wouldn't cause high ping times or rubberbanding directly. It would however put stress on the servers CPU and create CPU cycle issues. Which would cause the server to slow down, which would affect your ping. Ping is an unimportant packet as far as servers are concerned. The only the reason the server would would be taking longer to respond is because it's saying "I'm busy gimme a second to get you a packet" due to CPU cycles and communicating with the database which to the server is more important than your request for the packet. 

So stop blaming it on peoples hard work and time spent gathering and building. You're spreading the plague of misinformation regarding how databases, servers, and clients legitimately work.

Are you making this up on the fly or did you think about this comment? Also, you know the “ping” you see in game or measurement of latency is not actually like a ping/pong windows command. The computer is measuring actual packet transmission and loss, there is no naw this packet is worthless because some dudes client is in essence DDOSing me with empty packets....

6 minutes ago, Vloshko said:

See this for your 1st line to 2nd line:

For your last two lines, 1. you don't know anything about me or how I have played or where I have explored. I live in a zone with probably 100k foundations (10k I put down over 4 days, I kept notes), 300ish stone gates, and 250ish ships; our company alone has 200 tames.

At 06:00 MST with 13 players online I have 60-80 Ping.

At 18:00 MST with 75-130 players online I have 220-260 Ping.

I'm not saying your computer is shit, I'm saying server optimization and settings are shit. It's illogical and unfathomably unlikely that static assets are causing high ping.

I have had other games that have had this issue, Life is Feudal has the same server node system, and there were servers where a lot of terraforming and structure building were done, and had the EXACT same issue. They probably keep the data server side, and as you move into the area, it draws that data from the server, and you load it in. Because there are clearly no structures on the server boarders so there is nothing in render range to load in, and yet, the servers run like ass with absurdly high ms for the number of people on the server. I have literally seen 12 people on the server, and had it be 250+ms. 

Edited by Evir

7 minutes ago, Lb9591 said:

Are you making this up on the fly or did you think about this comment? Also, you know the “ping” you see in game or measurement of latency is not actually like a ping/pong windows command. The computer is measuring actual packet transmission and loss, there is no naw this packet is worthless because some dudes client is in essence DDOSing me with empty packets....

I try and simplify several processes and someone takes it too literally. "uncle! uncle!"

Edited by Vloshko

Grapeshot, 

This thread is already the 2nd most replied to non pinned thread in the history of this forum.

I know you said you wouldn't knee jerk react but maybe make an exception this one time and revert the stone structure cost change. The durability nerf on it's own is overkill.

Your community seems to agree with me...

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, VictoriaBoleyn said:

Devs are going nuts. I am seriously thinking of quitting the game. They did the opposite of balacing the game. Majority of islands don't have any sap or metal nodes. What about the winter biome? There is no way in hell you get fiber or sap there.... 

Its far to hard for most islands to gain half the resources they need as is. This patch just kills the game for everyone else who isnt in a 100+ member alliance.

GG! I think we are done. Our 4 men crew is screwed. How do we defend ourselves now? Everything can be destroyed in 1h while we sleeping. 

Bonus: We don't have iron on our island (2 nodes with 6h respawn=nothing)

Edited by Blackthron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Evir said:

Well, the change will stop so many from building absurdly large bases and lagging out servers, that was the primary reason for the change, people act like they just want to screw over the player base, but this is 100% the reason why.

Then give us ORP maybe? It's not like we were building with layers over layers over layers of stone simply because we liked to build ugly shit and loved the lag.

Edited by LaiTash

Just now, Booglee said:

Grapeshot, 

This thread is already the 2nd most replied to non pinned thread in the history of this forum.

I know you said you wouldn't knee jerk react but maybe make an exception this one time and revert the stone structure cost change. The durability nerf on it's own is overkill.

Your community seems to agree with me...

To be honest half the recent changes feel like knee jerk reactions too me. Wolfs are a problem nerf agro range, roaming range, spawn range, health and damage. Building? is a problem nerf stone walls, increase damage to stone walls, increase stone wall building costs. A more reasoned approach would be implemental changes e.g. nerf agro range on the wolves and see if that fixes the problem if it does great, if not test the next change. But instead we get massive changes that often multiply the effects of each other thrown out patch after patch.

• Like 5

GG 3 days farming stone and gathering materials to build up and then BOOM in da face!

Debs thanks u just lost another 5 players keep the great job going making it every day more fair

• Like 1

It needs to be reverted because now a galleon can  just rock up and broadside your stuff before you can launch enough mortars to kill it

The flames!!! The flames!!! Bring more wood people the flames need to be much higher!!!

• Haha 2

Okay, so here's the point, If I started 3 weeks ago and spend all time on stone constructions then you are safe, otherwise, u are just another idiot who will require to spend their life farming sap to make a decent stone construction.

Wise decisions developers, keep the great job.

Just lost another 5 more players.

Just now, GGEarly said:

Okay, so here's the point, If I started 3 weeks ago and spend all time on stone constructions then you are safe, otherwise, u are just another idiot who will require to spend their life farming sap to make a decent stone construction.

Wise decisions developers, keep the great job.

Just lost another 5 more players.

VERY FAIR GAME

I honestly thing that they are working very hard to ruin this game , it is like they are experimenting with how much can you eff up with your playerbase until they all decide to give up on you and never come back! 

Why the heck won't you work on fixing grid lag instead increase the bloody mats requirements on everything that is to be crafted?!?!?!  I'm now in maintenance mode because playing on my grid is near damn impossible when there's more that 40 people online! 

Haven't you learned anything from Ark?!??!?! If not then you must be the most ret.......forgetful Dev team in the world!!!

I an sick and tired of you working so damn hard to ruin this game which could be amazing if you'd spend the time working on fixing broken stuff like Alphas clipping through walls, characters clipping though walls and floors, AoE damage of cobras that are biting you regardless of  where the head is pointing and the eternal LAG issues that is ruining the game for so many people!!!

Edited by Getodacul
  • Like 2

So if the goal is to make it HARDER to reduce stone structures then at least make it equitable.

No Sugar/Sap outside of temperate regions.

So move stone and or iron towards the poles.

Right now you have made it annoying for temperate and ridonculous for those below/above the tropics.

5 metal per wall would be doable. But organic paste.. and 32 metal.. for me it’s not a problem since I have paste and metal for days, but make that for other people too. 

• Like 1

Quick @Jatheish, there's still time to acknowledge that mistakes were made and make changes. It could be worse.unknown.png

Edited by Vloshko
  • Like 5