Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

7 minutes ago, Evir said:

I had sap in the tundra when we lived there, I went and got it, hop on your ship, and go get it like everyone else. Trade for it, do something, we have zero salt on our island currently, and cobalt is our metal, we have to go get the salt, just to make alloy. Go get it.

I'm doing that for salt already actually and now my reserves of organic paste I just topped up (not a fun expedition with all the SotD) are insufficient because apparently I also now need them to build stone walls? On a similar note you're telling me adjusting these walls was more important than the many bugs and glitch's plaguing the game right now such as people/tames sinking into floors and needing them broken to get out/recover gear?

Edited by Senkoau

13 minutes ago, Vloshko said:

Large bases aren't the reason for the lag, it's not 100% certainty, but it's highly unlikely

Look at how bad Grapeshot's design decisions are and ask yourself whether their code is just as bad or worse. As others have said there's a strong correlation between heavily-built grids and lag with low player counts. I've had a feeling since the first week that they have code which, for each building piece, is visiting every other piece in the same building (or every other piece in range). Apparently the solution isn't to fix their code, but to nerf stone to uselessness...

I see this patch geared towards mega tribes. They stocked piled tons and whoever dupes the shit first wins in the end.

Devs not thinking at all. Sadly this was a not very well thought out process.

Well increasing the cost of stone walls is one thing, but 2.5x damage to them as well? Thats just cancer. In addition to this the patch has been released outside US hours giving the Chinese (CSTG) the ability to steam roll over multiple sectors while everyone is offline. This "balance" make the game un-viable for anyone who hasn't got 80+ players in their clan.

• Like 5

I think sap owners just went into panic mode and are now building mega structures to save themselves from the zerg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Evir said:

Please explain how, low population servers with very little built up on them, run fine, but low population servers right next to them with less people on them, and tons of stuff built, run like a slide show, the ping is through the roof on some of these 20 player servers, and they have massive bases, but a 20 player server that is basically barren runs fine.

The "slide show" effect isn't the server. It's your computer not being able to keep up (FPS). Lag means there is a slow down of data being transferred from one machine to another. Lag is a term of transit not a term of rendering. Lag = Latency. Latency = time of data to transmit from one place to another.

47 minutes ago, Evir said:

Well, the change will stop so many from building absurdly large bases and lagging out servers, that was the primary reason for the change, people act like they just want to screw over the player base, but this is 100% the reason why.

There was another thread that had tested the new stone structure durability.

9 cannon shots = stone 

7 cannon shots = wood

Even if structure spam DID lag servers (it doesn't). The wood spam will be orders of magnitude worse.

Just farmed a shit ton of mats for stone building pieces, to be crafted after 2x was over. JOKES ON ME... I dread patches in this game.

I want to love this game, so bad. The devs sure make it hard.

Edited by Booglee
  • Like 4

So, with the current SotD insanity going on (having up to 10 spawn spontanously around you), you now force players from areas without any SAP to sail between 2-5 areas to find it (with it soon being farmed to death anyway) in order to build stone structures. So these trips prolly take you around 2-4 hours, depending on luck, wind and if you even make it and if you make it, if there is still some SAP available on the islands. Great design choice for casual players, maybe state that in the intro "Atleast 5 hours of continuous playing needed to get anything done, not suited for casual solo players or small groups)

The difference between the FoY insanity and this one is, the first is a single event you need to die your way through once a month, the later being a daily constant grind addition. You do realise, people play games for fun, right? Most of us already have day jobs and we even get payed for those, I was not looking for another job where I actually have to pay someone else to do it ... think again Devs, and think hard. If you do not want a playerbase, just say so, stop torturing it.

• Like 3

Do a rollback and change this. The cost of it is unbearable unless you have the resources on your island and majority of us don't! Have you lost your minds?!?!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Evir said:

I would rather not end up like Dark and Light where every PVPer quit because bases were literally unraidable and you could literally spend hours banging on a single door just to fine another right behind it, after the PVPers quit the game basically died except for a few private servers. 

Nothing I suggested would lead to this. I suggested that the stone structure nerf stay, but not to this degree and certainly not where it is so close to the durability of wood, a material that is far easier to obtain, transport and arguably looks better, and also suggested that catapults be made into the structure siege weapon of choice, giving use to a little used weapon while also giving a nice thematic feel.

Also offline raiding is PvE and I believe PvP should be encouraged to happen at sea. Make zones that you cannot build in (I would assume this was the intent of lawless except for where they are generally positioned) and place the majority of the juicy resources there, requiring that people fight to obtain them and have to transport them with vessels designed and setup for transport and not fighting, increasing opportunity for... you know.. piracy.

Edited by Not Happy

5 minutes ago, Evir said:

I would rather not end up like Dark and Light where every PVPer quit because bases were literally unraidable and you could literally spend hours banging on a single door just to find another right behind it, after the PVPers quit the game basically died except for a few private servers. 

But as it was before this patch it was possible to raid. Not too easy and not too hard. Perfect balance imo

• Like 2

The real problem that might be affecting some of you (regarding the slideshow effect) is that the devs haven't capped the FPS. For this game it's like telling your GPU to go ham and don't stop till you drop. Which is really concerning for your GPU's health.

7 minutes ago, Vloshko said:

The "slide show" effect isn't the server. It's your computer not being able to keep up (FPS). Lag means there is a slow down of data being transferred from one machine to another. Lag is a term of transit not a term of rendering. Lag = Latency. Latency = time of data to transmit from one place to another.

It is not my computer, it is the latency, it has 250-300 ping. I have a 1080 TI an I7, 32g of ram, the structures load in fast for me, it is the latency that is the issue. The game is extremely choppy and rubberbands a ton. 
You keep saying things as if you know, but you clearly haven't sailed around that much.  One server, perfectly fine with 50-60ms, the next with less population has 250-300, then the next has more people and is basically unplayable. The ones that are the worst, have massive bases.

Edited by Evir

The moment you begin punishing good players in attempts to curb shitty behavior by bad players you have lost your way as a developer.
Simple as that.
Go ahead, kill your game by a thousand cuts.

• Like 5

You need Sap/Organic Paste to live on the Tundra, literally. You just can't make it without a regular supply. Most Tundra-ites either go to a Freeport to stock up, or have a destination in another zone where they pull in as unobtrusively as possible to harvest.

We do the second, and now I'm expecting either:

1) the sap nodes will already be harvested every time we sail to gather them.

2) The proprietors of the island are going to be become much more possessive, and it will be a huge hassle to get the sap we need.

If sap for stones is going to be permanent, then you need to change the paste requirement for fur armor. Don't make it easy to get, we live in the Tundra for the challenge. But don't make us deal with the sap-camping crap we know is coming.

Devs are going nuts. I am seriously thinking of quitting the game. They did the opposite of balacing the game. Majority of islands don't have any sap or metal nodes. What about the winter biome? There is no way in hell you get fiber or sap there.... 

• Like 3

Theres 1 pure metal node on our island and no sap. Can't even try to build stone structures now. GG, devs just reducing player base to improve server performance.

What was the problem with stone structure anyways , in Ark people build mega base in metal and not a single problem .

We are close to quitting too. 

Each patch just makes the game less and less fun.

At some point you just make the calculation it isn't worth the effort anymore

2 hours ago, Implicitlee said:

Now you need nearly as much metal as you do stone and there is no increase in defence on them 

NO YOU DO NOT stop posting instead go load up ark

Actually you lost defense as you got an explosive damage nerf