Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

I just wanted to come back for a third time and just make sure this isn't a joke.  Cause I mean they know we are not playing right?  I mean they get where we quit playing.  Patch tested, it makes everyone quit.  GG.  Now get rid of it. 

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Thank god I have sap sources! They gonna be hunted for much more now! 😂

Yes, I would like to abandon my entire region.  I will join your group and we will deconstruct my entire base since I can no longer build here and I will give it all to you just to live a sap island.  GG devs. 

Is this where we find out all the admin hacking was a lie and the real admins and devs were the ones actually dropping whales and dragons on top of peoples heads?

• Like 1

Just now, Luneder said:

Is this where we find out all the admin hacking was a lie and the real admins and devs were the ones actually dropping whales and dragons on top of peoples heads?

I would not be surprised.

Just now, Gumpnstein said:

Yes, I would like to abandon my entire region.  I will join your group and we will deconstruct my entire base since I can no longer build here and I will give it all to you just to live a sap island.  GG devs. 

Well the devs need to realise they HAVE to place sap sources on every region. They can't block some regions from crafting stone, regardless of the expectation of exploration.

This is one of those changes that have knock on effects that they need to reaslise what other change they need to make.

• Like 1

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Well the devs need to realise they HAVE to place sap sources on every region. They can't block some regions from crafting stone, regardless of the expectation of exploration.

This is one of those changes that have knock on effects that they need to reaslise what other change they need to make.

And even building with trees in some of these areas to build wood is not realistic for some.  And literally people that are level one can break into your base with a stone pickaxe.  And enough time. 

Edited by Gumpnstein

1 hour ago, Nari said:

Gates should be just that, a gateway. Not a wall protecting you claim(s)

Then increase the cost of GATES?! Make them equal to the cost of building that many stone/wood walls.

Adding paste AND metal to the stone recipe is outright ridiculous BEYOND BELIEF!!!

I'm building everything out of stone to PROTECT my base from alpha snakes and all other creatures just RANDOMLY attacking walls and floors for 5/10 minutes till it breaks. I live on a desert island and the nearest farm-able sap source is 3 regions away.

Revert stone back to what it was and add a metal set of structures if you insist on having a metal based wall. But wtf is going through your mind when adding paste AND metal to a STONE WALL?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bradley1928 said:

adding paste AND metal to the stone recipe is outright ridiculous BEYOND BELIEF!!!

I'll agree that the basic BP's are a stretch. When I made that comment our smithy was displaying old recipes. I had thought that only the gate was affected by the patch clearly I was wrong. However I still stand by that statement regarding gates.

Edit: Also I wouldn't increase cost I'd reduce HP. If you want to wall off swaths of land and discoveries that's your prerogative but you should not be able to do it with hangar sized gateways and if you do they should offer little protection even in PvE.

Edited by Nari

1 hour ago, Tillman said:

Thats how it is in ark

WTF are you talking about? I've played Ark since day ONE and it's never been like that in ark. Yeah, you need paste for METAL WALLS, but not STONE structures of ANY kind. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nari said:

I'll agree that the basic BP's are a stretch. When I made that comment our smithy was displaying old recipes. I had thought that only the gate was affected by the patch clearly I was wrong. However I still stand by that statement regarding gates.

I agree mate, stone gates are too cheap for the amount of protection they give. But they don't need to nerf the entire stone structure set because of this. Plus stone gate walls or wood gate walls are is one of the most disgusting, immersion breaking elements of the game imo. Increase the cost 2/3/4 times. Infact make the cost = the amount of stone/wood walls it would require to build something the same size of the gate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bradley1928 said:

I agree mate, stone gates are too cheap for the amount of protection they give. But they don't need to nerf the entire stone structure set because of this. Plus stone gate walls or wood gate walls are is one of the most disgusting, immersion breaking elements of the game imo. Increase the cost 2/3/4 times. Infact make the cost = the amount of stone/wood walls it would require to build something the same size of the gate.

this 100% , u want to build plug ugly gates then it should cost the sames as making the amount of walls / foundations to cover the same area

2 minutes ago, Bradley1928 said:

I agree with making the gate cost the same amount as the walls. I think the alloy cost is a bit high but I do not have an issue with the alloy cost. I wouldn't mind seeing a "Large stone wall" that also costs the same amount as a bunch of stone walls of the same size. I find the tons of doors ugly, A bunch of walls with 1 or 2 doors would actually look like a proper fort with a inner stone building inside. I don't think that is ugly at all... actually quite accurate for the time period.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luneder said:

whats next? Stone spears and arrows will require organic material and metal?

They were talking about a reload minigame for bows.

1 minute ago, Najamal said:

*gasp*

• Like 1

A Friend does not need organic past to make the wall .... And me if ... WTF

4 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a "Large stone wall" that also costs the same amount as a bunch of stone walls of the same size.

S+ had these and half the piece you're currently building with derive from S+ so its certainly doable and reduces draw calls compared to singular walls stacked 5 high.

2 minutes ago, TeNaK said:

A Friend does not need organic past to make the wall .... And me if ... WTF

Have them try to actually craft it wont work

Edited by Nari

Just now, Najamal said:

If you fail to nock the arrow or draw the bow  you drop it and have to do another mini game to pull another arrow out of the quiver if you fail there is a chance you drop the bow and have to do a minigame to pick it up off the ground. If you fail to do this minigame then you trip over the bowstring and die from an aneurysm. We need to give the terrible mechanics of melee combat a chance to actually defend themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

If you fail to nock the arrow or draw the bow  you drop it and have to do another mini game to pull another arrow out of the quiver if you fail there is a chance you drop the bow and have to do a minigame to pick it up off the ground. If you fail to do this minigame then you trip over the bowstring and die from an aneurysm. We need to give the terrible mechanics of melee combat a chance to actually defend themselves.

Ha! incentive to not fuck up I like it! Can be applied to Firearms as well.

You reading this GS?

Edited by Nari

1 minute ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

give me a sec to pick my bow off the ground and use it as a club and beat up a few sword users.

• Like 1

This is a crazy change to have made, for some many reasons.

But yes, it also DEFINITELY unfairly singles out the already extremely under performing tundra regions, and to a lesser extent polar regions.

This patch needs to be repealed.

• Like 1

I play solo and have spent around 78 hours gathering materials to build this My castle, this would be nearly impossible now Courtyard finally Internal, I need to sail to another Isalnd to get Sap and I only have about 5 metal nodes near me that nets around 800 metal total each repawn which is about 2 hours

2 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

lmao just to be clear, this reload minigame for bows was nat a joke.

they were talking about it in the last dev stream, because they don't know how to balance the damage of the fire arrows.

@topic

stupid change

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Najamal said:

lmao just to be clear, this reload minigame for bows was nat a joke.

they were talking about it in the last dev stream, because they don't know how to balance the damage of the fire arrows.

@topic

stupid change

omg

• Like 1