Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

Just now, Luneder said:

did they get hacked again but this time the hacker put in his own patch?

This makes sense

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

Devs have you ever heard the expression "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" WTF you done to the materials needed for crafting Stone, now you need Metal AND Organic paste, I get using metal in the gates that has always been fine but now you  added it to every thing please just for once use your brains and rollback this change, you screwed the game up last patch now you are just making it worse.

THIS!!!! You should listen and stop trying to make this game as hard as you can. Seriously back off my stone.... especially considering the places it is needed the most cant mass product the paste (K2 has literally no sugars of any kind) Stop screwing your player base. 

6 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

Yes except all the people have already done that, so unless they server wipe all they did was screw over new players or the smaller groups

5 minutes ago, Chickfabulous said:

If people want a gates base they should be allowed to.

Even with these changes people determined will still do just that. It should not be easy to do so. It's a meta that should be left in ARK. That could actually be solved entirely by severely reducing gates HP.

Edited by Nari
  • Like 1

my company is medium sized and setup on a few islands and our builders all went green in the face and we don't use mega gates.

Also known as the "Stop-Building-Huge-Stone-Structures-Because-They're-Crushing-Our-Servers" patch.

Edited by Kast
  • Haha 3

First people complain resources are slow to gather to get going in a ship. Then they buff rates to 2x. Then they add 3x cost to stone gates and massive alloy cost. Now they add metal and organic paste to stone and increase the cost on thatch by 3. 1 Step forward a leap back.

• Like 1

Lol wow ok this entire patch is a bit stupid really... 

From the need of organic paste to construct stone lol to the silly idea of making smaller ships doing no damage to larger ones when ramming . Sure reduced damage but no damage is just stupid. 

Spent the last 4 nights making a garage and am about 50% done...……...now I won't be able to finish it anytime in the next month or two.  

I guess the devs want us to make metal structures while keeping it named stone LOL.

the mayans and egyptians didnt need metal to make structures out of stone

• Like 1

Just now, Nari said:

Even with these changes people determined will still do just that. It should not be easy to do so. It's a meta that should be left in ARK.

It's less about the gates, and more about actual stone buildings.  If they want to leave the paste on the gates fine, but for stone buildings, again completely ruins the game for those in 40% of the map that doesn't have Sap makes it way to hard to live there and upgrade.  That's my issue

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sharana said:

uudVsYh.png

Interesting, Im looking at our smithy right now: https://imgur.com/v4T8dc9 

Maybe I need to rebuild it.

Edit: Yea something is fucky... can't craft even with those mats in smithy. Going to rebuild it.

Edited by Nari

For God Sakes!! I just started to build my stone base! And then bam update... no big deal and now after grinding for 2 days for stone wood thatch.. I now get to go grind for metal and make organic paste!? Really? Why do you make it so difficult for players who are on pve?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hayden S. said:

For God Sakes!! I just started to build my stone base! And then bam update... no big deal and now after grinding for 2 days for stone wood thatch.. I now get to go grind for metal and make organic paste!? Really? Why do you make it so difficult for players who are on pve?

You surely mean "Who play this game at all"

• Confused 1

At least no one can say that the Dev's don't have a sense of humour. 172,720 Metal to finish my Tower. Okay > 🙂 

Edited by Demosthenes
  • Like 1

Ok, Devs. "We understand that we can't make the game as hardcore as we'd like." Then whats with the new Stone cost?! I get why PvP might want it, so others can't build stone and easier to raid. Have you looked at ALL at your PvE fan base? This? Just screwed us. The Stone was the only way to defend against Alphas. Are you listening to ALL your players or just the PvP branch? You nerfed the flame arrows, (though that helped us PvE people to deal with Alphas,) you have given us very little in the gathering with tames department, and we can't breed. You have a whole nother bevy of customers over here. And like it or not, us PvE'ers will be the ones still here when the PvP people get tired and move on. We like to hoard and build and collect. I've played games that sold special mounts and spent over $400+, and I know many of the people I play with now have the same mentality. We build, and we sit on it. But if we can't defend it, (which we can't because flame arrows suck, and stone costs to much now,) then whats the point. If you'd listen to your PvE community more you'd realize that we're the ones who'll be here supporting y'all. PvP players quickly move on once they've gotten they're fix and change out often. PvE players are in it for the long haul. Please at least consider our input.

• Like 4

I hope by god grace you are actually listening to your player base. Stop the gimmicks stop the bullshi.... just fix the bugs and consider viable updates you know maybe even consider talking to your player base before screwing it??

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Nari said:

Even with these changes people determined will still do just that. It should not be easy to do so. It's a meta that should be left in ARK. That could actually be solved entirely by severely reducing gates HP.

Ok another person not really thinking before posting yes this is NOT ark (we actually it mainly is)

In Ark they have

Thatch Structures

Wood Structures

Stone Structures

Metal Structures

Tech Structures

In Atlas they now have

Thatch Structures

Wood Structures

Metal Structures (but it is called stone)

Did that clear it up for you, they have created metal and removed stone and forgot to rename it.

please load up ark and look at crafting requirements for stone and metal then come back and I will accept your apology.

SORRY I may of quoted wrong person, someone here was defending the change I meant to quote them.

Edited by Implicitlee

Wow, with the scarcity of Organic paste in the polar/tundra regions, how are those populations supposed to build anything remotely defensible now... A small amount of metal wouldn't be too unreasonable, like 5-10 metal would be reasonable to me. Instead, now the northern groups that aren't massive are going to be stuck in wood buildings. 

IMO the explosive buff was needed, however, this cost for stone needs to be immediately undone.

• Like 1

Glad my base is already build. This will hurt PVP servers the most, people are oke with me coming to their island to farm sap(or iron) on PVE. But something is telling me that people are not that welcoming in PVP.

Edited by kolpo

Came home tonight intended to pay for a private server to escape the insanity that offical ones are becoming only to see the latest patch. . .puts credit back in wallet lets hold off on renting a server till I'm sure the dev's aren't deliberately trying to make the game fail. Because honestly the latest series of patch's really make me wonder if that isn't what they're after because they just make unwelcome change after unwelcome change.

I don't see how making a stone wall half metal and require organic paste can be considered a good idea when as said entire sectors of the map have no sap or other sources of paste at all.

2 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

Ok another person not really thinking before posting yes this is NOT ark (we actually it mainly is)

In Ark they have

Thatch Structures

Wood Structures

Stone Structures

Metal Structures

Tech Structures

In Atlas they now have

Thatch Structures

Wood Structures

Metal Structures (but it is called stone)

Did that clear it up for you, they have created metal and removed stone and forgot to rename it.

please load up ark and look at crafting requirements for stone and metal then come back and I will accept your apology.

I don't think you want me to do that, if I load up ark there's a good chance I wont be coming back since at least there I don't have to worry about these kind of insane changes.

Edited by Senkoau
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Senkoau said:

. . .puts credit back in wallet lets hold off on renting a server till I'm sure the dev's aren't deliberately trying to make the game fail.

No loopholes or tax/insurance policies exists that would make anyone in their right mind even attempt this...