Final Vegeta

Suicide Prevention - Fixing the Vitamins

I have yet to meet a fellow sailor that eats and maintains their vitamins to survive. The vitamins are a great idea and keep the game in it's "realistic" standpoint but right now it is really really broken. Most players don't see the benefit of keeping their vitamins full and just run till death. Why bother eating when you can just respawn with full stats? We all know that the vitamin system could be great and here is how. 

Vitamin A :"Vitamin A has multiple functions: it is important for growth and development, for the maintenance of the immune system and good vision." Therefore, I suggest that Vitamin A will affect the Melee Stat. 

Vitamin B : "B vitamins are a class of water-soluble vitamins that play important roles in cell metabolism." Therefore, Vitamin B should affect the Stamina Stat.

Vitamin C : "Vitamin C is an essential nutrient involved in the repair of tissue and the enzymatic production of certain neurotransmitters." Therefore, Vitamin C should affect the Health Stat.

Vitamin D : "Vitamin D has a significant role in calcium homeostasis and metabolism." Aka, bone strength. Therefore, Vitamin D should affect the Weight Stat. 

The level of the vitamin should affect your stats either positive, negative, or neutral. Each stat above should be affected individually by the vitamins that they correspond to. I also believe you should not die from vitamin deficiency and no adverse effects should come from a vitamin being at 100%.

• Greater or Equal to 75% = 10% Buff
  • 25% to 75% = No Buff
  • Less than 25% = -10% De-buff

This will cause players to use certain foods for certain tasks and make the cooking skill, farming, and gathering consumables essential. Do you want to gather resources to build a galleon? Might want to stock up on Vitamin D and B based foods! Do you want to go explore the Golden age ruins or find the fountain of youth? Might want to get those Vitamin A and C heavy foods. 

Overall I think this simple solution would fix the problem most people are having in this game surrounding the survival part of it. This will drive the player base to strive to stay alive and not get the de-buffs, work towards the buffs, and benefit the unused skills in the game. Let me know what you guys think!

vitamin-b-you.jpg.705bb0214963aa5f218eb102dffec441.jpg

It's hardly 'realistic' to need to support vitamins. I have a friend who is not only lactose intolerant, but allergic to seafood IRL.  They don't need to be drinking milk or eating fish to keep their Vita D up.

That said I like this idea, as yeah we just kill ourselvs off than deal with the dump vitamin balancing. Worst unless you spec into the reduced vita drop you'll never keep your vitamins  up, and even with them they still drop far too fast and then you cant do squotabout them because you'll hurt yourself from over eating. Oh unless you spec into reducing the overeating damage.

...................really WHY are there perks in the trees for such nonsense? It's a waste of points and with how few we get its not worth it.  

I have extreme vitamin problems when digging, tamed over a dozen crows at the weekend and spent a good few hours getting earthworms. The more I dig the hungrier I got and my vitamins didn't deplete as needed! By the time I'd broken around 20 or so shovels all my vitamins were maxed out and i was starving knowing if I ate more id overdose on vitamins and get poisoned. 

Vitamin levels need to persist through death, with hunger maybe reset to 25%. Malnutrition should be persistent, but not fatal. And there needs to be a mechanic to either balance or lower vitamin levels.

Yeah, you respawned, but you've got Scurvy until you find some vitamin C mate.