Sign in to follow this  
WInslow

Cyclones + Ships of the Damned

Storm popped up, no big deal. Bugged out, got sucked into a cyclone and was unable to rotate or turn sails to get out. L30 ship of the damned appeared from nowhere and capsized me in 3 shots while I was already storm damaged and attempting repairs.

I lost everything. 

Good early access game folks, happy sailing in the future. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This exact thing happened to me a few days ago. Except I had some bonus fog added to the deal.  It's almost like they don't want people sailing.

• Like 1

Problem with both of those its triggered by ships and people in the area. It is not random. There should be a sub engine much better then that.

• Like 1

Yes. It needs to be random. And you should see it coming sooner so you can respond to it by going to a shore or whatever. Now it just starts raining and in a minute you have 8 tornado’s surrounding you. I’d rather have them put in 1 tornado that does a lot of damage when you sail into it than 10 that don’t do any damage at all. 

• Like 1

I'm fine with either the storms coming or the ships of the damned, but not both at the same time. This was with 232% intellect crafted masterwork planks, too! 

fkn nightmare game. 

• Like 1

I think these events should always be....possible....but it should be very very rare.  Danger of sinking should always be over our heads, but there should be options to avoid it and god forbid:  Sometimes sailing is easy.   It seems like its every time you leave the dock there is a 50% chance you're going to be sank.

Oh, and Grapeshot:  Not EVERY rain storm needs to be a tornado mega typhoon.  Sometimes it can just rain, K?

• Like 2

Oh, I agree. I feel like having cyclones every time it rains is really, really bland. Annoying even. 

Every time it rains though? Come on.

Edited by Jasper
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Oh, I agree. I feel like having cyclones every time it rains is really, really bland. Annoying even. 

Every time it rains though? Bland.

I agree 100% with that.  Not every rain is going to be a major storm.

Honestly having a nice random one pop up that chases you could be kind of fun.  I don't like the idea of them just spawning in front and you have to hope  you can dodge them.  Weather system needs to vary majorly.  Right now we just have rain, heatwave, coldfront, and fog.  

It'd be nice to one day see a rain variance system where sometimes it's a drizzle where it barely sprinkles and sometimes it's a massive downpour.  Add in different weathers for cyclones to pop up(doesn't actually require rain).  And maybe we could get some damn snow in the tundra using the same variance system (light fluffy snow to massive blizzard). 

Doubtful that we will get that much of a change but it'd be nice.

I'd rather see more variety in the storms. Light rain. Heavy rain. Intense wind. Hell. Make some even do sail damage if it's too intense? There are so many options they could go with if they wanted. 

Make lightning an actual thing too? As I said, there's a lot of variety. Hopefully, it's on the agenda, but part of me worries it may not be and instead turns into more of a what mega clan can demolish the other rather than enhancing the core experience where weather and other things should certainly matter.

9 hours ago, Percieval said:

Yes. It needs to be random. And you should see it coming sooner so you can respond to it by going to a shore or whatever. Now it just starts raining and in a minute you have 8 tornado’s surrounding you. I’d rather have them put in 1 tornado that does a lot of damage when you sail into it than 10 that don’t do any damage at all. 

Oh it does damage. LOTS of damage. It's just it build damage over time.

First second is like 1, then 5, then 15, then 40, then 80. The scale is enough it sinks parked ships pretty fast if it parks on them.

I'd like just regular rain, they can make varying degrees of rain like varying degrees of wind.

11 hours ago, Olthoi said:

there is a 50% chance you're going to be sank

I am gonna say that number is on you then, nowhere ever had close to those numbers.

9 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

I am gonna say that number is on you then, nowhere ever had close to those numbers.

I dont lose a boat 50% of the time I leave the dock.  But there is an event that can possibly sink my boat 50% of the time I leave the dock.