Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Stop listening to PVE'ers they are going to destroy your game.

OP - "let the PVE nerds use the mod tools to appease their inner drag-queen."

You trying to twist it huh?  This is toxic behavior!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bowtie said:

My PvE experience was ruined because PvP needing fire arrows nerfed.

You PvPers are the problem.

PvP has been the major problem of all humanity for all of time in all areas of existence.

That is a seriously misguided approach and opinion.

I am generally a PvE player (on ARK especially) but for Atlas I play PvP. There is a good reason. For me, I enjoy the idea of building big on ARK, breeding, doing bosses so I dont really want to lose everything I have worked hard for.

For Atlas it is all about Piracy, and exploring. I dont mind losing a ship and some weapons, I can rebuild - it doesnt take long when you are in a small company.

But this whole hating on PvE or PvP is just plain ignorant especially for a pirate game. Do you think pirates were best friends and good neighbours in real life? No, they were tyrants who you couldnt trust to leave your parrot with, let alone your family.

Come on, think before you opine on something so divided.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

OP - "let the PVE nerds use the mod tools to appease their inner drag-queen."

You trying to twist it huh?  This is toxic behavior!

Dude, don't be a dumbass.  

Drag queens are known for how they dress.  For better or for worse, they enjoy being flamboyant.  I've watched enough project runway and bumped into them occasionally in RL to understand this.  I wouldn't call his comment especially negative.

No one in PVE was asking for the negative changes that have come about or for submarines or cosmetics, so I'm not sure where you're coming from with that... But listening to PVE players more may actually make the game better.

PVE essentially encompasses the entire base game, minus killing each other. It's land claims, resource gathering, farming, taming, construction, ships, exploration, raids (the boss kind), trading, basically everything that makes the game what it is. If you don't have a good base game to build off of, then PVP devolves into nothing but cycles of raiding each other because there's nothing else worth doing in the game, and PVE becomes not worth playing at all. But if you build up a solid foundation and then build up PVP on top of it, then you can get the great game that this has the potential to be.

Edited by Kidori
  • Like 5

I don't remember asking for a gun nerf on pvp servers, I think that just came when people were complaining armor was too op vs guns and their adjustment for it also somehow lead them to implement to a damage nerf vs critters with them. The fire arrow nerf wasn't a bad thing in my opinion that was the meta to kill since guns had been nerfed so much and also take so long to reload even with perks + the stupid minigame that they have included with it.

Guns can still kill players fairly well however they are pretty crap vs critters and if you miss you have to play run around and hope you don't get killed while doing said minigame.

Alphas in general are just a pain to kill due to their high level in comparison to us. They should be easier to kill with guns and arrows.I haven't killed many since the nerf but the arrows were still killing the few I used them on. To be fair a crit shot with a gun/arrow does do extra damage on some of them but even stuff on the golden age ruins which aren't alphas but just high level also have this same damage negating due to their resistances. I can't speak to if its purely base on the difference in level or if their resistances are just buffed a ton due to the fact they are higher level but it wouldn't take much to adjust it so they take some more damage. Hitting a cyclops in the eye with their sporadic movement after the first shot is next to impossible. This can be said for some of the other critters as well, and some critters don't have a weak spot to hit or I haven't found one on some so no matter what you are capped out at 8-11 damage with normal ammo. Multiple tens of to hundreds of arrows/shots later you finally get it killed, and get a tiny bit of a % towards a level over 50. 

I don't see the additional content as a bad thing at all either. I do agree they have a lot of stuff to fix first but there are multiple teams working on this game. Obviously the team creating new content is still working to push their projects in addition to the teams working on server optimizations, on bug fixes, balancing, artwork, etc. To assume that new content coming out means grapeshot isn't working on the bugs at all is just silly. Could they use more people on the bug fixing team, maybe? We don't know how the teams are stretched and who is working on what. With the admin console exploits occurring in multiple different ways etc etc the fact of the matter is the team that would probably be fixing these bugs is likely getting sidelined to keep chasing other issues. I could be wrong maybe the bug team just needs more people, that is something they will have to address or we will just have to get used to some issues persisting for a long time before they are reached and possibly having lots of new bug ridden content dropped out before some of these initial issues are ever addressed.

This sort of thing happened in H1Z1's Just Survive too, two sides of the player base arguing with each other. PvPer vs. PvEer. I'm one of the latter but to imply I don't give a shit about my fellow players on the PvP side of things is idiotic and offensive. I don't want everything done the way I want for both sides, there should be separate game sets for each side.

Edited by Murreth

On 1/24/2019 at 12:36 AM, Asanna said:

Honestly, it's the PVPer's if I am so bold to say that are changing the game.
NO ONE asked for Submarines, and in fact, if you look at the live stream comments as soon as it was mentioned everyone was mad.
NO ONE cares about skins, and new armors.
NO ONE care about the new ship additions.

PVEer's have an issue with your PVP nerfs treading into our area.
Guns get nerfed because of PVP abuse, well fekk, now they are useless in PVE as well.
Fire arrows get nerfed because of PVP abuse, well fekk now we can't deal with alpha's as effectively.

We don't like it. Every time they "fix" something because of PVP abuse, PVE gets the short end of the stick like the retarded cousin and we just have to deal with it.

Our problems:
Ships allowed to be sunk.
Fire arrow useless.
Constantly contested sleeping bodies in a land that's been up for grabs for weeks.
Luring of SOTD to land and wercking bases.

Things that shouldn't be a thing but are. But the devs favor the PVP people with louder voices over fixing things that shouldn't be doing damage in the first place on PVE.

Anyone playing this game who is only in it for the PvE is really funny and also pathetic at the same time.  There are so many other games that have 1000x better PvE,  this games PvE is some of the worst designed I have ever seen in any game, if you are playing this game only for the PvE then there is a misfire somewhere in your brain honestly.  All the likes your response get really shows the kind of gamers these days though...... You're all a laughable sad excuse for gamers.  Go play Minecraft anti-grief servers if you want PvE only

I agree. The problem with PVE players is they hate competition, they don't play the game to a high standard and they are incredibly lazy.

Go to any thread that is demanding something in the game be made easier and 9 times out of 10 it will be a PVE player. If PVE players had their way the gather rates would be 10x, an arrow would one shot alpha creatures, stone buildings would cost even less then before the patch and ships of the damned would die in a few hits.

I would support a system where the PVE mode is chopped off from the main mode so that their input and obnoxious demands will cease to affect the gameplay of PVP servers. Let them eat their cake so long as it doesn't infringe on my rights to slaughter and destroy.

5 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

ummm I stopped reading your post when I got to your comment "drag-queen."

What needs to be done is people like you using these forums to promote your hate speech need to be delta with right away. Its uncalled for sir!

You should be reported!

I might give my friend Sgt Muller a call. He works in the Thought Crimes division of the local Gestapo office. Nothing irritates him more then people talking freely.

Dear Wildcard,

Please don't listen to the PvP'ers. They're always enforcing insane standards, turning every game into a second job.
Allow us to have fun and not become toxic members of the community that want to enforce something on the entire player base.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

Dear Wildcard,

Please don't listen to the PvP'ers. They're always enforcing insane standards, turning every game into a second job.
Allow us to have fun and not become toxic members of the community that want to enforce something on the entire player base.

Yes please, already watched hardcores turn 3 games we liked into min-max math equations etc and removing fun mechanics.

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

I agree. The problem with PVE players is they hate competition, they don't play the game to a high standard and they are incredibly lazy.

Have you seriously read what you have just written? There isnt a divide here. There are players, that is it. Whilst you say PvE players, they are in fact also PvP players as they may play on more than one mode. 

Some PvE players would probably kick your arse in PvP. I play PvP on Atlas but on ARK I play PvE with 3 players who in particular would quite comfortably trade blows with the best and most dedicated PvPers out there.

PvE players want competition, and they do play to a high standard, but just in different ways, and how can it be incredibly lazy when they spend the same amount of time online as PvP players gathering the same resources. In some aspects their daily grind is harder and more time consuming than yours but they are far from lazy when they build an almost impregnable base with details you could only dream of considering.

3 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Go to any thread that is demanding something in the game be made easier and 9 times out of 10 it will be a PVE player. If PVE players had their way the gather rates would be 10x, an arrow would one shot alpha creatures, stone buildings would cost even less then before the patch and ships of the damned would die in a few hits.

I would support a system where the PVE mode is chopped off from the main mode so that their input and obnoxious demands will cease to affect the gameplay of PVP servers. Let them eat their cake so long as it doesn't infringe on my rights to slaughter and destroy.

I think the problem with PVP'ers is they lack intelligence.  They think the only way to solve a problem is by bashing on it with a hammer.

Go to any thread where a player is whining and you'll find it was because some PVP'er got their ass kicked and don't have the mental capacity to accept defeat. 

Waaa... He shot me with arrows, nerf them.
Waaa... I was naked and I couldn't kill that guy in armor, nerf armor.
Waaa... I was naked and couldn't kill that guy on the bear. Nerf tames.
Waaa... He shot me with guns, nerf guns.
Waaa... My puckle gun can't destroy stone, nerf stone.

If PVP'ers had their way, we'd all be sailing battleships, driving tanks, wearing kevlar, packing AK's... hey... wait a minute...

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, RogueLdr said:

Fire arrow nerfs cuz of pvp

gun nerfs cuz of pvp

Tame nerfs cz of pvp

and those are just the ones off the top of my head, thouuugh i feel like i'm forgetting something...

oh yeah, the giant FU they did to stone walls.

Some asshat in pvp exploits or cries about something till it gets nerfed and PVE players who never did that suffer.

Devs need to start patching the rulesets separately. All this does is piss off everyone.

Fire arrows didnt get nerfed, they got gutted. If it wasnt for oil jars they could have just removed them and it wouldnt have made a difference.

I'm PvE player!
- So, i want underwater base.
- Flying Ship
- Nuclear bomb
- Tamed Animals must be strong like Alpha
- Mine's field
- Sea Mines.
Ohh, ofc, pitfall traps!

11 minutes ago, Anatas said:

I'm PvE player!
- Flying Ship
- Nuclear bomb
- Mine's field
- Sea Mines.
Ohh, ofc, pitfall traps!

Sea mines would actualy be cool... as long as they need maintance and alot fo resources... and don't one-shot.

19 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Sea mines would actualy be cool... as long as they need maintance and alot fo resources... and don't one-shot.

Pillars. Already implemented.  But, people have gotten banned for using them that way.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:26 AM, Vaenix said:

Yup, stone structures got nerfed due to PvPers as the most recent thing done.  I'm still trying to deal with the fact the wolves got nerfed into the ground cuz some asshat cried that he couldn't kill them in a PvP stream.  

Your kidding right? A pack of glitchy murder mutts getting nerfed to reality are pvp's fault...  Not that a fully armored high level human with like 6 guns and swords should be unable to fight a lone wolf let alone 9 of them... I was so tired of it...  I'm fighting  alpha mobs grinding xp like it's nothing until a single wolf aggros from 39 miles away and kills me...it being level 2... While I'm easily killing without fire a higher tier tiger that's alpha and level 222!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AreYouReady2Die said:

Your kidding right? A pack of glitchy murder mutts getting nerfed to reality are pvp's fault...  Not that a fully armored high level human with like 6 guns and swords should be unable to fight a lone wolf let alone 9 of them... I was so tired of it...  I'm fighting  alpha mobs grinding xp like it's nothing until a single wolf aggros from 39 miles away and kills me...it being level 2... While I'm easily killing without fire a higher tier tiger that's alpha and level 222!

You are mistaken when you think I'm talking about wild wolves.  I'm talking about the tamed ones that got nerfed to uselessness because some crybabies couldn't handle themselves in a fight.  The spawning of pack upon pack of wild wolves taking out solo players or even small groups was just silly, sure they hunt in packs but they certainly don't fucking act like that in real life either.

42 minutes ago, Anatas said:

I'm PvE player!
- Flying Ship
- Nuclear bomb
- Mine's field
- Sea Mines.
Ohh, ofc, pitfall traps!

I must be mistaken and possibly not getting your humour but much of what you have said would be a PvPers dream.

Underwater base - perfect for hiding out and build up without being noticed.

Mine Fields/Sea Mines - totally a PvP mechanic.

Pitfall traps - would be a great PvP mechanic.

On 1/23/2019 at 8:44 PM, Bolognapwny said:

Stop adding submarines, stop adding pretty new armor varients... like stop with the PVE crap for real... you got a decent base game here.... let the PVE nerds use the mod tools to appease their inner drag-queen.

Iron out all the damn bugs first...

Your claim system is a god awful joke and its truly is making the core of your players stop playing.

Claim issues:

Can't demolish non-company builds if you remove them from a claim that you allowed them to build on. 

Water claims shouldn't allow building... only land claims should be able to grant building.

Claims after the patch can cause companies to be negative claims.... I saw a clan that try to attack us with negative 50 claims... it was really easy to take out the rest of their claims...

You can still put claims on the bottom of the ocean that count as land claims.... ( like really )

One super cube with a sleeper can contest a crapload of claims... is daisy chaining your intent?  ( its worked to our advantage, but makes it really hard for sieging )

Bows

I mean you made a bow break in like 5 arrows... wtf.... IF you want fire arrows to not be that OP make them do a base dmg and not a percentage dmg.... (duh)

Does the tree work?  Couldn't tell a difference... speced out of it weeks ago.

Region Lock:

if 5+ chinese enter your square its insta-rubberbanding and 200 ping... its not fun... at all... literally 40 people in square and it feels like I'm doing the fountain of youth death run again.

Tons of other issues but these just really irk my soul.

Where ya located tuff guy....what server and grid?

lol for me sometime it's PVPer would kill my Gaming Expériance, Gun's nerf it's because in PVP server they have wine about dommage again's player ... and for pve player the nerf have make combat again wildlife sometime imposible 🙂 before modification of Wolf 🙂 

10 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Drag-queen is only offensive if you find being a drag-queen as being offensive you damn bigot....

I was wondering who you were replying to... then I realized I have that kid ignored..  He is a forum troll ignore him and he will go away.

Stop listening to Toxic PVP'ers they make to waste your time.

Edited by JotaCe
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

To bad you can't report players for trolling forums right now, another PvPer thinking they own the world. Prolly just got wiped on official! Enjoy your stay on PVP, it's gonna be a wild ride for all of us coming these next few months. Things will only get worse before it gets better.