Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Stop listening to PVE'ers they are going to destroy your game.

Stop adding submarines, stop adding pretty new armor varients... like stop with the PVE crap for real... you got a decent base game here.... let the PVE nerds use the mod tools to appease their inner drag-queen.

Iron out all the damn bugs first...

Your claim system is a god awful joke and its truly is making the core of your players stop playing.

Claim issues:

Can't demolish non-company builds if you remove them from a claim that you allowed them to build on. 

Water claims shouldn't allow building... only land claims should be able to grant building.

Claims after the patch can cause companies to be negative claims.... I saw a clan that try to attack us with negative 50 claims... it was really easy to take out the rest of their claims...

You can still put claims on the bottom of the ocean that count as land claims.... ( like really )

One super cube with a sleeper can contest a crapload of claims... is daisy chaining your intent?  ( its worked to our advantage, but makes it really hard for sieging )

Bows

I mean you made a bow break in like 5 arrows... wtf.... IF you want fire arrows to not be that OP make them do a base dmg and not a percentage dmg.... (duh)

Does the tree work?  Couldn't tell a difference... speced out of it weeks ago.

Region Lock:

if 5+ chinese enter your square its insta-rubberbanding and 200 ping... its not fun... at all... literally 40 people in square and it feels like I'm doing the fountain of youth death run again.

Tons of other issues but these just really irk my soul.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 4

Speaking as a PVEer I take offence to this as your implying we don't want that stuff fixed or like the fire arrow changes. We don't. fire arrows were THE main way to deal with huge numbers of alphas spawning near and in some cases inside out bases. Several people in my PVE company including myself have stated we'd rather they get what they have working right before adding new content.

Edited by Senkoau
  • Like 10

While I agree with the sentiment of fixing whats in game already, before adding new stuff, its a bit disingenuous to blame it all on lowly PVErs. The fire arrow nerf happened because PVP raids were nothing but naked fire arrow spam, not because PVErs wanted to get rid of the only weapon that was worth a damn against the hordes of Alphas swarming our bases.

PVP at least has the option of breaking down buildings and slaughtering sleepers to be able to claim. PVE has...uh...wait until they eventually possibly die.

99% of what has been posted about in the PVE forums has been complaints about the land claim system, SotD armadas taking over grids, overweight sinking, and just general griefing. There might be a couple of posts scattered here and there about basic QoL improvements, but I can't think of a single person saying that they wanted submarines, or new armor, especially not before the more glaring issues were fixed.

• Like 11

Get on a good unofficial, ya ninnies.  I had thought it was the Atlas Devs coming to their sense, but it seems the positive change was due to the server owner making some adjustments.  We do not have endless Alphas, nor do we have endless streams of Predators.  We do have them occasionally, but it seems he simply toned down how many are there, so we run into them a lot less.  Using Sneak 3 seems to help me better be able to avoid them, when I am on foot.

We have gone to desert/tropical islands, and the beach is no longer an endless mass of Crocs.  You see one or two in a large stretch of beach.  It's nice.  The game is actually enjoyable.  And this 5x5 grid feels very big.  We haven't even explored half of it yet.  The owner had also done a very good job of picking good islands to populate the grids with.  It's really a great server.   Look for it.  Booty Bay.   PlayBootyBay.com

• Like 1

Honestly, it's the PVPer's if I am so bold to say that are changing the game.
NO ONE asked for Submarines, and in fact, if you look at the live stream comments as soon as it was mentioned everyone was mad.
NO ONE cares about skins, and new armors.
NO ONE care about the new ship additions.

PVEer's have an issue with your PVP nerfs treading into our area.
Guns get nerfed because of PVP abuse, well fekk, now they are useless in PVE as well.
Fire arrows get nerfed because of PVP abuse, well fekk now we can't deal with alpha's as effectively.

We don't like it. Every time they "fix" something because of PVP abuse, PVE gets the short end of the stick like the retarded cousin and we just have to deal with it.

Our problems:
Ships allowed to be sunk.
Fire arrow useless.
Constantly contested sleeping bodies in a land that's been up for grabs for weeks.
Luring of SOTD to land and wercking bases.

Things that shouldn't be a thing but are. But the devs favor the PVP people with louder voices over fixing things that shouldn't be doing damage in the first place on PVE.

• Like 15

Well the PVPers destroyed the game so far by :

- reserving more land than they will ever need

- sinking ships for fun

- using every cheat and exploit they can find

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Talono said:

Thats the one thing I can't purely put on the PVP players. The devs pushed it as a game about conquest, and have leaderboards for most land controlled, which makes sense to an extent on PVP. 

The limitation of the number of people in a company makes it a bit greedy, as you'll end up with 500 people controlling 10% of a map intended for 40000 people, 10 companies of 500 each controlling 10% is 5000 people controlling half the map. Where do the other 35000 people go at that point?

It doesn't translate quite as well to the PVE side, unfortunately. Slaughter your enemies and take their land is a bit better mechanic than waiting for someone to get bored and not log in long enough that their body starves and take their land! You know, the pirate way!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

On 1/18/2019 at 10:20 AM, Bolognapwny said:

Terrible suggestions.... next.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

Fire arrow nerfs cuz of pvp

gun nerfs cuz of pvp

Tame nerfs cz of pvp

and those are just the ones off the top of my head, thouuugh i feel like i'm forgetting something...

oh yeah, the giant FU they did to stone walls.

Some asshat in pvp exploits or cries about something till it gets nerfed and PVE players who never did that suffer.

Devs need to start patching the rulesets separately. All this does is piss off everyone.

Edited by RogueLdr
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, RogueLdr said:

gun nerfs cuz of pvp

Tame nerfs cz of pvp

and those are just the ones off the top of my head, thouuugh i feel like i'm forgetting something...

Some asshat in pvp exploits or cries about something till it gets nerfed and PVE players who never did that suffer.

Yup, stone structures got nerfed due to PvPers as the most recent thing done.  I'm still trying to deal with the fact the wolves got nerfed into the ground cuz some asshat cried that he couldn't kill them in a PvP stream.  

8 hours ago, Asanna said:

Guns get nerfed because of PVP abuse, well fekk, now they are useless in PVE as well.
Fire arrows get nerfed because of PVP abuse, well fekk now we can't deal with alpha's as effectively.

Guns got nerfed because the devs are incompetent. They were never good in PvP. Ever. They tried to buff guns, but accidentally nerfed them. Don't blame that one on us.

Fire Arrows were universally overpowered. PvE and PvP. Do you really think they wanted Alphas to be killed in two arrows? They just got QQ'd about more in PvP then in PvE. 

8 hours ago, Talono said:

- sinking ships for fun

- using every cheat and exploit they can find

The first two points are fundamental gameplay points intended for the game to revolve around. Don't blame PvPers for playing the game they were given. As for the cheat/exploit thing, that's also Wildcard's fault for having a four year history of not enforcing rules or banning cheaters. 

6 minutes ago, RogueLdr said:

gun nerfs cuz of pvp

Tame nerfs cz of pvp

Fire Arrows were OP in PvE too. I don't think you were supposed to kill any Alpha in the game in two fire arrows.

Gun Nerf didn't happen because of PvP. Guns were worthless in PvP before the nerf, and after. Wildcard tried to buff them, but ended up nerfing them. Can't really blame us for that can you?

Tames got nerfed because it's not supposed to be a "Tame oriented" game. The Wolf is the only one that got nerfed really, all the rest of the tames saw a very significant buff for various PvE reasons (Weight and Damage Resist). 

As for the stone wall nerf. Yeah, that ones on PvP.

Its irrelevant whether its PvE'rs or PvP'rs that are asking for changes. They all account for a better game and all players are entitles to comment upon an aspect within the game.

OP - stop being so childish in creating a divide amongst the community. We all want fixes, enhancements and even though I play PvP Official, I like a lot of the ideas that PvE'rs put forward.

Just stop with this nonsense and looks at peoples ideas without a biased view.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Asanna said:

Honestly, it's the PVPer's if I am so bold to say that are changing the game.
NO ONE asked for Submarines, and in fact, if you look at the live stream comments as soon as it was mentioned everyone was mad.
NO ONE cares about skins, and new armors.
NO ONE care about the new ship additions.

We don't like it. Every time they "fix" something because of PVP abuse, PVE gets the short end of the stick like the retarded cousin and we just have to deal with it.

Our problems:
Ships allowed to be sunk.
Fire arrow useless.
Constantly contested sleeping bodies in a land that's been up for grabs for weeks.
Luring of SOTD to land and wercking bases.

Things that shouldn't be a thing but are. But the devs favor the PVP people with louder voices over fixing things that shouldn't be doing damage in the first place on PVE.

Couldn't have said it better myself really.

I play a lot of PVE and I haven't asked for anything really. Sure - the little additions are nice but I don't know of any of the PVE players that I play with that wouldn't want better balance rather than shit that simply isn't needed right now. 

There's a LOT of the game that gets absolutely trashed in favor of PVP balance and it is almost always negative changes.

Not going to blame the PVP crowd, though. I blame it on incompetence and piss poor balancing on developer parts. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Its irrelevant whether its PvE'rs or PvP'rs that are asking for changes. They all account for a better game and all players are entitles to comment upon an aspect within the game.

OP - stop being so childish in creating a divide amongst the community. We all want fixes, enhancements and even though I play PvP Official, I like a lot of the ideas that PvE'rs put forward.

Just stop with this nonsense and looks at peoples ideas without a biased view.

Just report them, already got 2 of his posts deleted. They only come back to bash pve players for everything this game have wrong (which is alot) so he got alot of imaginary ammunition.

19 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

Thats the one thing I can't purely put on the PVP players. The devs pushed it as a game about conquest, and have leaderboards for most land controlled, which makes sense to an extent on PVP. 

The limitation of the number of people in a company makes it a bit greedy, as you'll end up with 500 people controlling 10% of a map intended for 40000 people, 10 companies of 500 each controlling 10% is 5000 people controlling half the map. Where do the other 35000 people go at that point?

It doesn't translate quite as well to the PVE side, unfortunately. Slaughter your enemies and take their land is a bit better mechanic than waiting for someone to get bored and not log in long enough that their body starves and take their land! You know, the pirate way!

This simply points out that the mechanics are broken from the start.  PvE should be about land grabs, but in a different way.  What you control, not how much you control, should be what matters.  Resources, which then allow you to trade with people, should be what the game is about, for PvE.  They SHOULD limit how many claims you can have in PvE.  PvE is not a war, so it should not be about quantity of land domination.  You claim the land where resources are.  You set a tax.  You then have a mechanic for being able to sell what you harvest, and what ends up in your bank.  To keep one ambitious person/company from owning everything, you set limits on how many land claims a company can own.  You also set a structure limit, so they don't use pillars, and other things in a nefarious manner.

• Like 1

My PvE experience was ruined because PvP needing fire arrows nerfed.

You PvPers are the problem.

PvP has been the major problem of all humanity for all of time in all areas of existence.

• Like 3

Hey I play on PVP and I'm excited for the submarines.

20 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

This thread is dumb as fuck.

idk, making a "pvers suck amirite guys" thread was a pretty smart way to get replies

Why the F would you play this game in PVE anyways? Its a pirate game. Not WoW. 

PvE should go to private servers imo. Wasted space. Go build hello kitty land on your own server and let the big boys fight it out on official.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bandit_Black said:

Why the F would you play this game in PVE anyways? Its a pirate game. Not WoW. 

PvE should go to private servers imo. Wasted space. Go build hello kitty land on your own server and let the big boys fight it out on official.

Dude I don't know why more people don't understand this... they should go play ArcheAge like wtf....

On 1/23/2019 at 10:44 PM, Bolognapwny said:

Stop adding submarines, stop adding pretty new armor varients... like stop with the PVE crap for real... you got a decent base game here.... let the PVE nerds use the mod tools to appease their inner drag-queen.

Iron out all the damn bugs first...

Your claim system is a god awful joke and its truly is making the core of your players stop playing.

Claim issues:

Can't demolish non-company builds if you remove them from a claim that you allowed them to build on. 

Water claims shouldn't allow building... only land claims should be able to grant building.

Claims after the patch can cause companies to be negative claims.... I saw a clan that try to attack us with negative 50 claims... it was really easy to take out the rest of their claims...

You can still put claims on the bottom of the ocean that count as land claims.... ( like really )

One super cube with a sleeper can contest a crapload of claims... is daisy chaining your intent?  ( its worked to our advantage, but makes it really hard for sieging )

Bows

I mean you made a bow break in like 5 arrows... wtf.... IF you want fire arrows to not be that OP make them do a base dmg and not a percentage dmg.... (duh)

Does the tree work?  Couldn't tell a difference... speced out of it weeks ago.

Region Lock:

if 5+ chinese enter your square its insta-rubberbanding and 200 ping... its not fun... at all... literally 40 people in square and it feels like I'm doing the fountain of youth death run again.

ummm I stopped reading your post when I got to your comment "drag-queen."

What needs to be done is people like you using these forums to promote your hate speech need to be delta with right away. Its uncalled for sir!

You should be reported!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

ummm I stopped reading your post when I got to your comment "drag-queen."

What needs to be done is people like you using these forums to promote your hate speech need to be delta with right away. Its uncalled for sir!

You should be reported!

Drag-queen is only offensive if you find being a drag-queen as being offensive you damn bigot....