Sign in to follow this  
DannyUK

Ships with red lights

I've noticed ships with red lights on decks, is this something you buy? Ive only just realised you can put the laterns on there but not seen other colours for decks.

3 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I've noticed ships with red lights on decks, is this something you buy? Ive only just realised you can put the laterns on there but not seen other colours for decks.

Yes you make dye from a cooking station. You need wood for fire, berries and filled water pouches for the different colors. The type of berries doesn’t decide the color, so go ahead and pick any kind.

Then simply drag the colored flask to any lantern, brush or piece of clothing or so to dye them.

• Like 1

To add on to this, you can turn them on/off by pressing O while at the steering wheel.  This also works for torches(which I cannot recommend enough for someone going to tundra).  If you are wanting a milder white colored light use slate and tan if you are wanting a lighter offwhite color.  White itself is more or less like tossing up a flare. 

The method for putting these on the decks is using the wooden hook, you can place these around in your base as well for base lighting.  I recommend not putting them on the actual mast as they will not place straight and can sometimes block your crew(if non npc) from controlling the sails quickly.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the tips I did not know this. I've also seen people with coloured Buoys, i've tried putting dye in the inventory but nothing works, also tried a lantern in there with dye and that does not work. Is there something else I'm missing for coloured buoys?

8 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Thanks for the tips I did not know this. I've also seen people with coloured Buoys, i've tried putting dye in the inventory but nothing works, also tried a lantern in there with dye and that does not work. Is there something else I'm missing for coloured buoys?

Have you tried painting it like normal structures?  I just checked out ours and it looks like the standard paints been applied(black/brick).

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Have you tried painting it like normal structures?  I just checked out ours and it looks like the standard paints been applied(black/brick).

No I haven't tried that but I will give it ago thanks.

Yes that worked, thought it had something to do with the light itself but thanks again.

Edited by DannyUK