Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

Does Early Access Mean Success?

So we are reminded all the time about its EA as if that means it gets a pass on crappy ideas, lack of quality content, ignoring bugs, poor design and unbalanced game play. 

That sums it up right? Because that remind me of dictators who rule failing monarchy 

Um... dictatorships and monarchies are two different kinds of autocratic government. Maybe 'despot' was the word you were looking for?

...I'll see myself out. Do continue your rant 😛

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

EA as if that means it gets a pass on crappy ideas, lack of quality content, ignoring bugs, poor design and unbalanced game play.

I think this is only true for the White knights. Most people are critical of EA. At least constructive criticism. 

24 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

So we are reminded all the time about its EA as if that means it gets a pass on crappy ideas, lack of quality content, ignoring bugs, poor design and unbalanced game play. 

That sums it up right? Because that remind me of dictators who rule failing monarchy 

Early Access is the current catch word instead of Alpha Test, or Beta Test.  

Back in the day.... I am talking WAY back in the 90s when I first started Beta testing, they would screen out players and have you submit an application process to get in.  And they would gradually increase the number of testers as the phases progressed.  It used to be a badge of honor to be accepted in the earliest phases.   Like I still have my phase 1 Beta disc for Starcraft (the first one).   And I have my T-shirt from Earth & Beyond, when we had the first stress test on the server and broke the server.

I think I still have my "testing resume" saved on my computer with the 100+ alpha and beta tests I have been selected for, from actual MMOs and games to software and applications.  

Now Early Access is a nice way of saying pay to test the game. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You forgot the implied cash grab if the game tanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nutcutt3r said:

You guys are not happy with your other post(s) of trash fantasy?

Do you have an actual opinion on the state of the game or EA in general?

15 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Do you have an actual opinion on the state of the game or EA in general?

Yes I do, You are trolling, thats my opinion you have more than one post on this.

24 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Early Access is the current catch word instead of Alpha Test, or Beta Test.  

Back in the day.... I am talking WAY back in the 90s when I first started Beta testing, they would screen out players and have you submit an application process to get in.  And they would gradually increase the number of testers as the phases progressed.  It used to be a badge of honor to be accepted in the earliest phases.   Like I still have my phase 1 Beta disc for Starcraft (the first one).   And I have my T-shirt from Earth & Beyond, when we had the first stress test on the server and broke the server.

I think I still have my "testing resume" saved on my computer with the 100+ alpha and beta tests I have been selected for, from actual MMOs and games to software and applications.  

Preach it, Sibling!  While I was more a corporate tester for Microsoft products since the late 90s, I also have my share of tested games...

I tested Age of Empires (Microsoft) since the first version.

I tested Rift in the days when the test sessions ran for a weekend or at most a week before the servers were shut down for 2 weeks to a month and wiped and updated before the next beta session.

I was briefly involved with Subnautica... I bought it about a month before public release.

I'm testing Stationeers and Citadel currently, and I was just accepted for another closed beta that I'm not going to name... There may be an NDA involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lynx said:

You forgot the implied cash grab if the game tanks.

Then its called a Rip Off! 

Feeling more and more like Fall Out 76

1 hour ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Yes I do, You are trolling, thats my opinion you have more than one post on this.

Trolling is adding someone on your watch list so you can comment about everything they say pal!

People are bringing up issues in hopes that the devs will see and fix the game or to see if they are not the only one seeing these issues 

18 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Trolling is adding someone on your watch list so you can comment about everything they say pal!

People are bringing up issues in hopes that the devs will see and fix the game or to see if they are not the only one seeing these issues 

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument
Trolling on-line forums as described above is actually analogous to the fishing technique of “trolling”, where colorful baits and lures are pulled behind a slow moving boat, often with multiple fishing lines, covering a large bodies of water, such as a large lake or the ocean. The trolling lures attract unsuspecting fish, intriguing them with the way they move through the water, thus enticing these foolish fish to “take the bait”. Not unlike unsuspecting internet victims, once hooked, the fish are reeled in for the catch before they realize they have been duped by the Troll/Fisherman

An online post that is intended to provoke an emotional response or reaction from others.
Guy 1: By saying that religious people are morons in that comment, he is trying to intentionally provoke or offend people.

This troll's trollability is horrible. Can we get a better troll?

Posts/comments from troll posters specifically design to attract/provoke regular/certain members to have a "confrontation" with them and try to make a situation look in such a way that its not a troll's fault, behaving as a drama queen.

This is very common occurrence in multiple forums, especially in multi-national and in tech forums. Some people talk/brag about their religion/country/caste/gender/social or personal achievements unnecessarily that they are simply irritating members and provoking them for a flame war. In such situation, usually an inexperienced moderator/administrator of a forum who can't see the obvious will warn/ban the person who was provoked by the troll, but its pretty obvious that his/her droll is specifically meant to do that. If the troll is caught, he claims that it is simply a "misunderstanding".

8 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Posts/comments from troll posters specifically design to attract/provoke regular/certain members to have a "confrontation" with them and try to make a situation look in such a way that its not a troll's fault, behaving as a drama queen.

This is very common occurrence in multiple forums, especially in multi-national and in tech forums. Some people talk/brag about their religion/country/caste/gender/social or personal achievements unnecessarily that they are simply irritating members and provoking them for a flame war. In such situation, usually an inexperienced moderator/administrator of a forum who can't see the obvious will warn/ban the person who was provoked by the troll, but its pretty obvious that his/her droll is specifically meant to do that. If the troll is caught, he claims that it is simply a "misunderstanding".

Do i have to read all that?

2 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Reading comprehension fail. He asked for an opinion on the state of the game or EA. You said yes I do and proceeded to offer an opinion on neither. 

20 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Do i have to read all that?

Only if you want people to take you seriously. If not, carry on.

31 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Or uses other tired tropes such as declaring they were only joking, or the other party to be "triggered".

• Like 1