Sign in to follow this  
Skinner NA PVE

Devs please reconsider Freeport trading posts

Ships decay at an insane rate there so I just avoid them(Freeport’s). When you add trading there I am encouraged to visit as others will and lag will spike disconnects will happen. You see where I this goes. Please give us the option to sell from our home zones.

• Like 2

Actually this is a valid concern I hadnt thought of... I have to agree with you.  Thank you.

Im almost certain they mentioned in a stream the possibility of that being implemented (Im referring to shops outside freeports). But in any case, there are many freeports, whether they will all have seperate shops i dont know. Just keep on top of your repairs and dont linger

Playing games from back in the day it was those nifty little gems you'd find on a secluded vendor.  There was nothing more fun than finding a little shop out in the middle of no where with cheap items that made me want to explore even more.  Who knows, maybe someone else will have a shop setup out in the middle of no where?   This game seems the perfect place for that, get people to move around, visit all the islands in search of vendors and that rare under price find.  I agree about the decay rate in Freeports, I avoid them for just that reason.  But the lag, as everyone sails in and out ... ugg... I'm not sure how to fix that.  We need excitement, more reasons to explore otherwise it's just, head home, head to vendors in Freeport ...  boring.

Edited by Anev
Woah!! Me bad English--better(ish) now...
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Skinner NA PVE said:

Ships decay at an insane rate there so I just avoid them(Freeport’s). When you add trading there I am encouraged to visit as others will and lag will spike disconnects will happen. You see where I this goes. Please give us the option to sell from our home zones.

yes lets remove decay have 10,000 ships permanently parked at a freeport causing lag like u have never seen    

think for a minute if player can just bring a ship and park it there and have a permanent fast travel location , the lag would be unbearable , not to mention freeports are new player start zones ,     no leave the decay as it is ,

freeports are not meant to be permanent places

7 hours ago, Skinner NA PVE said:

I'm hoping it's just step one and when they get the trading mechanics worked out they will let us build a marketplace like the tax bank on our own land.

5 hours ago, CamsterAu said:

Im almost certain they mentioned in a stream the possibility of that being implemented (Im referring to shops outside freeports). But in any case, there are many freeports, whether they will all have seperate shops i dont know. Just keep on top of your repairs and dont linger

Well that brings up another amusing one.  There's 4 freeports in each freeport server.  Am I going to have to put a trader on each one?

And there's already been a discussion on this.  The best idea was to give an hour or two in a freeport where decay doesn't kick in at an accelerated rate.

Whether anything suggested on these forums sinks in... well, the response we get is pretty dismal.

I feel like the decay rate had more to do with the massive wave of abandon rafts and less to do with PvP camping. It will most likely be nerfed if/when kiosks go live.

Trading posts should be built on your claims. SWG was amazing (pre-cu, of course) with player run shops and cities. There was nothing like wandering around and finding the merchant's row for each area, with everyone setting their own prices. Hopefully being able to set a price for items, not just in gold, but in barter, will also be possible. It would be nice to sell gems, for example, with a seperate price for gold, wood, stone, etc.

In Eve, the local trading promoted real trading and movement of goods between regions. It created yet another way for people to make money as the powerful and wealthy would rather pay reputable shippers to transport the goods they want from far away zones. If this is anything like it was in Eve, it is going to really introduce an awesome new aspect to the game.