Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Stronger NPC crews planned ? (With ranged weapons)

Dear devs,

at the moment the NPC crew is more a danger for the owner than for offline raiding trolls.

Do you intend to change that and give them a meaning ? Maybe ranged weapons for them ?

In Conan Exiles high level thralls are absolutely a threat for offline raiders.

• Like 2

There will be new tokens for fire elementals, rock elementals, cyclops and gorgons.   The first two will be ridable.

Whether they're short term or not is unknown, though likely.    Depending on the duration, cost and whatnot though you could potentially use them as defense, we'll have to see.     Would not be surprised if a "Disguised as a rock" elemental was meant for defense though.

Edited by Migolcow

2 hours ago, Talono said:

Dear devs,

at the moment the NPC crew is more a danger for the owner than for offline raiding trolls.

Do you intend to change that and give them a meaning ? Maybe ranged weapons for them ?

In Conan Exiles high level thralls are absolutely a threat for offline raiders.

You can get some really strong NPC crew.  I have seen level 25 NPC crew with over 200HP and when put in plate they are actually kind of hard to kill.  Downside is the NPCs melee attacks SUCK even with a weapon, yes you can give them a weapon.   

If they continue to work on the game, I imagine NPCs will get a few tweaks before to long.

I'd love to see crew using a bow. I mean, they would be super cool sitting on top of the ramparts with bows equipped, told to be stationary and draw arrows from either the ammo box or their inventory. A 'stand your ground' command would be nice for this, given they'd probably just run at the enemy and try punching them. Crew firing a volley of flame arrows toward an enemy ship would be an epic sight to see...

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 11:42 AM, zysis said:

I'd love to see crew using a bow. I mean, they would be super cool sitting on top of the ramparts with bows equipped, told to be stationary and draw arrows from either the ammo box or their inventory. A 'stand your ground' command would be nice for this, given they'd probably just run at the enemy and try punching them. Crew firing a volley of flame arrows toward an enemy ship would be an epic sight to see...

I would rather give them carbines... with their innate aimbot, 5 of them in a propper line formation firing on my target would be ... devastating.