Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Zarkon

EARLY ACSESS EARLY ACSESS EARLY ACSESS

Now that you all have been reminded by the damned subject title, quit the whining!

I see so many players pissing and moaning about glitches with the game and losing stuff and hackers and everything else.

THIS GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR A MONTH AND IS REVISION 15 ALREADY. THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING A GREAT JOB.

IF YOU CANT HANDLE GLITCHES DONT PLAY AN EARLY ACCESS GAME. END OF STORY.

Once it's full release THEN you get to complain! 

YES the devs totally screwed the launch of the EARLY ACSESS game. QUIT DROOLING OVER THE PLANNED FEATURES AND REMEMBER THAT IT IS...

you guessed it....

EARLY ACSESS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Isnt the purpose of ppl complaining to let the makers of this early access game know what is going on in the game so they can try to fix the problem if needed? If we the people dont complain they will think the game is perfect. 

*Calm urself*

• Like 5

Just now, Mighty Zarkon said:

There is a difference between whining and reporting issues man...

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I understand it’s early access, I’m having a blast I. The game!

dissapointing with the claim system mainly due to selfish players being greedy. As soon as something is implemented it should be better. 

• Like 1

From what I've seen so far from launch day to now this game has COMPLETELY evolved from rev 1.

I personally love the game and love the progress. I'll be ready for day 1 full launch.

Just now, Mighty Zarkon said:

From what I've seen so far from launch day to now this game has COMPLETELY evolved from rev 1.

I personally love the game and love the progress. I'll be ready for day 1 full launch.

Stop complaining about the complainers then.  Just ignore them if it bugs you so much.  Because MAYBE just MAYBE if enough people complain about things the devs will give it priority.  Such as FOY issues, SoTDs still too plentiful, hacks, exploits... if people are allowed to vent then maybe the devs will take notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mighty Zarkon said:

Now that you all have been reminded by the damned subject title, quit the whining!

I see so many players pissing and moaning about glitches with the game and losing stuff and hackers and everything else.

THIS GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR A MONTH AND IS REVISION 15 ALREADY. THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING A GREAT JOB.

IF YOU CANT HANDLE GLITCHES DONT PLAY AN EARLY ACCESS GAME. END OF STORY.

Once it's full release THEN you get to complain! 

YES the devs totally screwed the launch of the EARLY ACSESS game. QUIT DROOLING OVER THE PLANNED FEATURES AND REMEMBER THAT IT IS...

you guessed it....

EARLY ACSESS!

Well aware it's early access.  Not bothered by things like foods giving the wrong buff, or glitching at border crossings, or getting kicked at every patch despite their announcement we won't be, or the comically delayed "in 15 minutes" non-sense, or the lack of attention to a chat system, or the size of silly territory announcement, or how players abuse the land system, or the lack of shoreline access on lawless, or encumbrance hitting at the wrong weight, etc. etc. etc.

Not even upset when cobras and spiders spawn inside a completed and secured house killing people while offline.  It's a bug, it's early access, it's unintentional and it'll get fixed.

However, EARLY ACSESS! doesn't even begin to explain horribly poor design from its very conception.  The punishing nature of the FoY and lack of correction comes to mind.  The blatantly ill-conceived and utterly idiotic fix to weight-griefers punishing the entire population even if completely innocent.  Not to mention it didn't actually solve anything.

Early access is not an excuse or a pass for everything that comes up.  Some things, particularly technical issues, absolutely.  Other things, like mind-numbingly piss poor decisions before implementation, not so much.  Lack of redress after intentionally releasing utter crap design, not even a little.

Lots to like about Atlas... but that doesn't mean absolution from all accountability though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just delete it and play it again on full release (or dont at all....bye felicia) or submit a PRODUCTIVE report to the devs...

Otherwise you need to quit whining man...until then guess what?

EARLY ACSESS 

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😁😂😁😁😁😁😂🤣😂🤣😂😂

Edited by Mighty Zarkon

48 minutes ago, xRDx said:

Isnt the purpose of ppl complaining to let the makers of this early access game know what is going on in the game so they can try to fix the problem if needed? If we the people dont complain they will think the game is perfect. 

*Calm urself*

There is complaining then there is constructive criticism.

Most people here dont know how to give constructive feedback.  They just come here to cry about whatever issue is keeping them from being the one man wrecking zerg.... or whatever their little minds come up with.

If there is a problem a REAL problem you say something like.... lets take cheating...

xxxx is cheating in game, I have video and pics to prove it, I have submitted a support ticket with the videos and pics attached.  

Or... game mechanics... offline weight exploit sinking on PVE. 

I logged out last night on my claim with my sloop and someone got on it and over loaded it with weight and sunk it.  Can we get an anchored mode that ignores weight and crew limitations?   

See how those two both discuss the issue, and offer a solution or an option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most people only complain about things they care about, so the day people stop complaining about this game is the day it dies. If you really liked this game you'd be wanting more complaints, not less. Besides, the devs are all big boys and/or girls, they don't need you to protect them. If they didn't want this kind of feedback then they shouldn't have released the game, even in early access, to the general public. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mighty Zarkon said:

There is a difference between whining and reporting issues man...

I agree wholeheartedly. There is a difference between reporting issues and providing feedback in a manner which is useful and constructive, and childishly table flipping in emotion filled rants that offer little of substance.

At the same time there is also a difference between this sort of table flipping and cogent, pointed criticisms of initial design choices on core game mechanics which defy basic common sense. When myself and others discuss these inherently flawed design choices, it would also be nice if we didn’t have to deal with having “but it’s EA” chanted at us by parties that don’t seem to appreciate that difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Mighty Zarkon said:

Just delete it and play it again on full release (or dont at all....bye felicia) or submit a PRODUCTIVE report to the devs...

Otherwise you need to quit whining man...until then guess what?

EARLY ACSESS 

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😁😂😁😁😁😁😂🤣😂🤣😂😂

Delete it?  Why would I go and do something like that?

By full release, I presume you mean the $60/per  launch they're hoping for.  If they are to get there, the technical glitches aren't  the main concern.  The core systems are what needs attention.

Now is the time to address core design elements.  Trying to do so further down the road would require rewriting systems that are being written right now.  Waste of time, waste of money, waste of early access.

Technical glitches are far easier to fix than design elements.  I'm not worried about their programming skills.  I report those kinds of bugs in the appropriate forum as I come upon them.

I make suggestions where I think they would help. 

I do get all kinds of ornery when I think they're making a monumental blunder that should/could have been avoided.

Seems you are more about trolling than truly advocating for the devs, so this is surely to fall of deaf ears, but helping the devs means holding them accountable when appropriate to do so.  That's what I plan on continuing.  If you want to mistake it for whining, I'll just chalk that up to the blissful ignorance of youth.  No biggie.

Nice emojis.

You've already paid for the game so the $60 wont be an issue for you, you paid your money already.

Fixing core mechanics and technical issues is exactly what this early acsess is for, to make the game ready for full release. 

If your, as you say, not one of the whiners that I'm referring too then why bother to respond? Who's the troll?

😂😂😂

I'm glad you like my emojis, thanks for the compliment!

If you actually are one of the whiners to which I am referring, like I said...bye felicia!

And remember, it's not a full release game...its EARLY ACSESS!

If u cant handle the glitches and problems, and you want to rage and cry about it instead of something more productive, delete the game and reinstall when its ready for launch at full release. 

😁

If after full release the problems with the game are still a mess, then and ONLY THEN should you lose your sh--. But not until then...

Edited by Mighty Zarkon

10 minutes ago, Mighty Zarkon said:

You've already paid for the game so the $60 wont be an issue for you, you paid your money already.

Fixing core mechanics and technical issues is exactly what this early acsess is for, to make the game ready for full release. 

If your, as you say, not one of the whiners that I'm referring too then why bother to respond? Who's the troll?

😂😂😂

I'm glad you like my emojis, thanks for the compliment!

If you actually are one of the whiners to which I am referring, like I said...bye felicia!

And remember, it's not a full release game...its EARLY ACSESS!

If u cant handle the glitches and problems, and you want to rage and cry about it instead of something more productive, delete the game and reinstall when its ready for launch at full release. 

😁

Criticism is the queen of design change.

• Like 1

Honestly, the whining does bother me. After this thread I'm gladly moving on. I had to say my piece. 

Why? This game has a mostly negative rating on steam. (It doesn't deserve that, this game is awesome!)

Why? People forgot it was early acsess and acted more like it was a full release title. They still actin like that too.

Just now, Asc said:

Criticism is the queen of design change.

There is a difference between whining and criticizing my fellow pathfinder! 

1 minute ago, Mighty Zarkon said:

Honestly, the whining does bother me. After this thread I'm gladly moving on. I had to say my piece. 

Why? This game has a mostly negative rating on steam. (It doesn't deserve that, this game is awesome!)

Why? People forgot it was early acsess and acted more like it was a full release title. They still actin like that too.

You whine about those whining!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Critics will always exist, I've no problem with that. I have no problem with critics. None.

Again, it's the whining!

Just now, Asc said:

You whine about those whining!

😂🤣😂🤣😂

Nah man, just trying to defend the devs a little, no one else will...

6 minutes ago, Mighty Zarkon said:

Critics will always exist, I've no problem with that. I have no problem with critics. None.

Again, it's the whining!

😂🤣😂🤣😂

Nah man, just trying to defend the devs a little, no one else will...

You imagine! We are all understand and ask for help in the problems! We do not say that this game is bad! We say - we like it! This is a great game! However, we have a problem - let's solve it! But while we see that problems are not solved, calls to technical support are ignored. But they draw another content. We think this is not right.

Does early access justify ignoring problems?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

I agree wholeheartedly. There is a difference between reporting issues and providing feedback in a manner which is useful and constructive, and childishly table flipping in emotion filled rants that offer little of substance.

At the same time there is also a difference between this sort of table flipping and cogent, pointed criticisms of initial design choices on core game mechanics which defy basic common sense. When myself and others discuss these inherently flawed design choices, it would also be nice if we didn’t have to deal with having “but it’s EA” chanted at us by parties that don’t seem to appreciate that difference.

So much this.  I can live with glitches, bugs and even exploits, but the cock-eyed game mechanisms the Devs seem to love so much - the Claim System and the Ageing System to name but two -  just aren't working because they're so badly thought out.  When core game mechanics, the very foundation stones of the entire game - are so crap it's THESE that the Devs should be focussing on, ASP.  Because they are not, the rage gets worse and worse until it reaches a point when the Devs might at least deign to make some sort of comment about it even if they haven't got a clue how to fix them.  One more thing... it's a strange game indeed when flawed game design makes PvE more toxic and hostile than PvP and you can't put that down to EA either.

Game bugs, fine.  Daft ideas that must have looked great on paper, not so fine.

• Like 1

The problem with these sort of posts is always that while you say you're fine with negative feedback and legitimate complaints about issues that need to be fixed.... you're probably not. I read every post on the forums and while they were pretty toxic the first few days, there are not a whole lot of whining for the sake of whining posts right now. People freaking out that the servers didn't work day one? That was pretty ridiculous but right now most of the posts I've read are legitimate feedback. 

And that's part of what Early Access is about. Its about letting the devs know not only what's broken, but what you don't like since its easier to make design changes now than it is to make them two years from now. That's not to say the devs should be dogpiled or anything but they've certainly made a few questionable choices and they've drug their feet on fixing critical game breaking issues while tending to far less important problems (You can still sink other players ships in PVE but they rushed to add a streamer stealth mode when they complained for example). Early Access or not that's a problem since its still a live service and game breaking bugs should still be high priority.   

So the whole idea of "Well, its Early Access so shut up and don't complain until its release" is just asinine and shows a lack of understanding of the game development process. Not to mention no matter what you say this is most definitely a pointless whine about people giving feedback and little more than a giant ass kiss.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The problem is not even in the fact that ships are stoked in PVE) With this you can live. The problem is that you play a month (300-400 hours), and then a glitch and throws you on the character creation screen. You just can't play. No You write a ticket to technical support, but there are no answers. A few days passed - no answers. Does the system of calls to technical support work at all?

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

There is complaining then there is constructive criticism.

Most people here dont know how to give constructive feedback.  They just come here to cry about whatever issue is keeping them from being the one man wrecking zerg.... or whatever their little minds come up with.

If there is a problem a REAL problem you say something like.... lets take cheating...

xxxx is cheating in game, I have video and pics to prove it, I have submitted a support ticket with the videos and pics attached.  

Or... game mechanics... offline weight exploit sinking on PVE. 

I logged out last night on my claim with my sloop and someone got on it and over loaded it with weight and sunk it.  Can we get an anchored mode that ignores weight and crew limitations?   

See how those two both discuss the issue, and offer a solution or an option.

So since people arnt doing it how you want them to you feel your OP is constructive? I mean u dont think they seen the words of the game befor they bought it? Says early access.. ..so why are u here to remind them? To me that doesnt sounf constructive it sounds like u complaining about complainers......I just dont see how it post is helpful in any way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1