Sign in to follow this  
Airhik

ABOUT BREEDING

1 hour ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

I was thinking something like 24 hours.

Was thinking the same 😄 So it's fair for PvP. 

12 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

All of the actual content of the game is at sea, under the sea, or, requires you cross the sea to get to. If you focus on tinkering with your farm equipment all day you aren't going to have a very good time in this game. That's just how it is. It has nothing to do with me dictating to someone else how to play the game or "interpreting the devs words" get out of here with those mental gymnastics.

How else do you want me to say it? Breeding sucks, it's jive, its not funky fresh, breeding is not cash money, breeding blows chunks.

If you are playing this game to breed animals, you are going to have a bad time. Its a literal full time job to do that, on top of all the other upkeep.

You don't need to breed to enjoy this game to it's fullest. Breeding anything outside of bears, is largely for luxury/convenience. All of the actual content for a solo or PvE player in this game is done with cannons, carbines, and swords. Mind you, I'm an advocate for keeping mounts and tames in game, I like them too. I used to fall into the trap of breeding... not anymore.

So sorry it offends you both that I don't join the circlejerk about all the terrible things the devs do. Also, consider, I'm not really here to convince you, or any of the other people who just come here to complain; it serves people who are trying to enjoy this game to see posts that dissuade them from breeding or doing other un-fun activities that are gonna get nerfed and changed as time goes on.

once again thats you opinion about the game, and worry not you dont offend me since i actually believe this game should be more about the sea and less about tames as you said, i have probably tamed about 6 creatures in the 700 hrs i played the game, BUT that doesnt mean that every player has to have fun the way i do, ATLAS is very big, and has place for everyone , from tamers or sailors to pvpers, what i believe the problem is here is that a feature (taming) is not working properly, is not designed properly and should be fixed and reworked to whatever fits the developers vision of taming in ATLAS.

Edited by The D Legacy

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

once again thats you opinion about the game, and worry not you dont offend me since i actually believe this game should be more about the sea and less about tames as you said, i have probably tamed about 6 creatures in the 700 hrs i played the game, BUT that doesnt mean that every player has to have fun the way i do, ATLAS is very big, and has place for everyone , from tamers or sailors to pvpers, what i believe the problem is here is that a feature (taming) is not working properly, is not designed properly and should be fixed and reworked to whatever fits the developers vision of taming in ATLAS.

Could like, like try to capitalize and spell properly? lol.

That aside,breeding is actually really easy compared to Ark in this game. Like... REALLY easy. The person I replied to was literally complaining... just to complain about something that isn't actually a problem.

Moreover, there is no need to breed in this game, yous said it yourself.

Its clear you are just trying to be smarmy while accusing me of it.

1 hour ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Could like, like try to capitalize and spell properly? lol.

That aside,breeding is actually really easy compared to Ark in this game. Like... REALLY easy. The person I replied to was literally complaining... just to complain about something that isn't actually a problem.

Moreover, there is no need to breed in this game, yous said it yourself.

Its clear you are just trying to be smarmy while accusing me of it.

- why tho? this is a game forum i am not writting an essay, not worth the effort, also i am not native english speaker so you will have to bear with my typos.

- that is you opinion, and that is his opinion, what makes you think that you can voice your opinion but he cant?

- i wouldnt care if there was no breeding at all, yet i dont mind if there is either, thats the difference detween being open minded and being a totalitarian

- you are rather confused i am not acussing you of anything, i am suggesting you to be more open minded.

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

- you are rather confused i am not acussing you of anything, i am suggesting you to be more open minded. 

What is there to be open minded about? The player isn't enjoying breeding, they should stop doing it. 

It's not hard to figure out.

13 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

What is there to be open minded about? The player isn't enjoying breeding, they should stop doing it. 

It's not hard to figure out.

so why improve something and make it more appealing if you can just tell people take it or leave it? thats the most conformist and mediocre attitude i have seen in quite a while

7 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

What bizzaro world is this?  I am rooting for The D Legacy to drop the hammer on the new d-bag.  

sorry but...who are you?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

What bizzaro world is this?  I am rooting for The D Legacy to drop the hammer on the new d-bag. 

Just now, The D Legacy said:

so why improve something and make it more appealing if you can just tell people take it or leave it? thats the most conformist and mediocre attitude i have seen in quite a while

🤣

I love you guys

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

u fuckin wot m8? who the hell are you?

30 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

Because its not going to get improved in a timely manor and this game is not about breeding, its about piracy and sailing. Seriously, you have to be a special kind of sensitive to get angry at someone suggesting to not preform an unpleasant activity that doesn't actually improve the game in a meaningful way.

It's conformist and mediocre to say "don't do the things you don't like" in a VIDEO GAME?

Is that what you are telling me? This is some clown shit.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Because its not going to get improved in a timely manor and this game is not about breeding, its about piracy and sailing. Seriously, you have to be a special kind of sensitive to get angry at someone suggesting to not preform an unpleasant activity that doesn't actually improve the game in a meaningful way.

It's conformist and mediocre to say "don't do the things you don't like" in a VIDEO GAME?

angry? why would i be? dont tell me you are the hypersensitive type, we are having a debate mate, makes no sense to get angry.

its is, simply because they do like it, its you the one who unilaterally decided they dont to fit your arguments.

while is true they shouldnt and most likely wont prioritize it talking about it wishing for improvements and sharing suggestions havent hurt anyone...like ever... except you it seems

Edited by The D Legacy

42 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

u mad bro?

This game is most definitely not about piracy and sailing, it's about carebearing it up, turtling it out on islands, abusing freeports to stash your goods, breeding bears for your cannons, grinding away at SODs to get those SWEET FUCKING PERCENTAGES on your BPs, farming tons of mats to fund your land war. 

Sailing is unfortunately the only means of transportation, and is dreadfully boring.

Transporting tens of thousands of mats? Biggest concern? Fucking tornadoes. 

Fighting SODS? Biggest concern? Fucking tornadoes....

Chasing player ships? Biggest concern? Those motherfucking Tornadoes.

Looting any ship? Biggest concern? EVERY FUCKING SHARK.

Fighting players? Biggest concern? Man I gotta go through them tornadoes to get to their turtle base so I can drop all these bears and crabs....

I lied, the game is about tornadoes.

Edited by Inigo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Inigo said:

u mad bro?

This game is most definitely not about piracy and sailing, it's about carebearing it up, turtling it out on islands, abusing freeports to stash your goods, breeding bears for your cannons, grinding away at SODs to get those SWEET FUCKING PERCENTAGES on your BPs, farming tons of mats to fund your land war. 

Sailing is unfortunately the only means of transportation, and is dreadfully boring.

Transporting tens of thousands of mats? Biggest concern? Fucking tornadoes. 

Fighting SODS? Biggest concern? Fucking tornadoes....

Chasing player ships? Biggest concern? Those motherfucking Tornadoes.

Looting any ship? Biggest concern? EVERY FUCKING SHARK.

Fighting players? Biggest concern? Man I gotta go through them tornadoes to get to their turtle base so I can drop all these bears and crabs....

I lied, the game is about tornadoes.

Did you just admit to both being bad at and not liking the mechanics of this game? It sounds like you should play something else, to me, frankly. Not being able to chase a prize during a storm is 100% on you and how you built your ship.

Maybe you just don't like this game?

47 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This game is most definitely not about piracy and sailing....

cee973b39b731addf670f519fbf915eb798f3e99880ac9b29fcbaa76c7afe93b_1.jpg.e187cc2f3ba5e53aac81460f7f4f2e87.jpg

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

56 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

angry? why would i be? dont tell me you are the hypersensitive type, we are having a debate mate, makes no sense to get angry.

its is, simply because they do like it, its you the one who unilaterally decided they dont to fit your arguments.

while is true they shouldnt and most likely wont prioritize it talking about it wishing for improvements and sharing suggestions havent hurt anyone...like ever... except you it seems

The person I replied to was ranting about how GS is "repeating all the same mistakes with breeding as Ark" even though its

1. Quite the contrary. Breeding is far easier in Atlas
  2.  Absolutely not necessary as carbines and a good ship are needed to progress.
  3.  Breeding is boring when there are alternatives and no need to actually do it.
  4. Ark has better breeding mechanics for people who cant be online 24/7 or absolutely need their imprints

17 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

The person I replied to was ranting about how GS is "repeating all the same mistakes with breeding as Ark" even though its

1. Quite the contrary. Breeding is far easier in Atlas
  2.  Absolutely not necessary as carbines and a good ship are needed to progress.
  3.  Breeding is boring when there are alternatives and no need to actually do it.
  4. Ark has better breeding mechanics for people who cant be online 24/7 or absolutely need their imprints

now you have expressed your opinion in a perfectly ordered, justified and respectfull way, like this your arguments gain alot more credibility, see? it wasnt that hard ^^

Just now, The D Legacy said:

now you have expressed your opinion in a perfectly ordered, justified and respectfull way, like this your arguments gain alot more credibility, see? it wasnt that hard ^^

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Quite the contrary. Breeding is far easier in Atlas

"Ark has better breeding mechanics for people who cant be online 24/7 or absolutely need their imprints"

Is it easier or what? It's far more tedious, and less accessible. Why would you say it is easier than Ark, but then say its better for people who can't be online 24/7? Are you online 24/7 playing pve atlas, breeding your baby bears in your rp castle?

Absolutely not necessary as carbines and a good ship are needed to progress.

Takes a few hours to breed some good animals, have fun with your early/late game scrub harvest rates and getting one shot by op swivel horses, because you won't be able to keep up with those who have the necessary tames/stats.

Breeding is boring when there are alternatives and no need to actually do it.

If you think that breeding is boring, and no need for it, that sounds like you're saying that they are repeating the same mistakes with breeding as Ark. Could you explain this further?

Ark has better breeding mechanics for people who cant be online 24/7 or absolutely need their imprints

Quite the contrary. Breeding is far easier in Atlas.

Edited by eeeceee

Not sure if the OP is on pvp or pve but I have spent the last few weeks bear breeding on PVE and this past weekend was the last batch that I will do. This past weekend I had 9 females giveing birth at the same time. It was crazy doing it by myself for the first 15 minutes or so but anyway I ended it up with some level 54 bears that finally equaled out in stats.

The next step to this process would be to start on mutations on this line but its just not worth it. My cousin and I like to do maps and kill ships on the way but after this last round of bears we really do not need to get any more powerful bears. Quality 20+ maps are a breeze and on a PVE server all the bears are really good for is maps, besides the gathering fibers of course.

I believe that if we had generic wild tame bears at say level 40 or so we could accomplish the same thing between my cousin and I. So really taming boils down to a personal preference if you want to do it or not but for gains within the game right now its just a waste of time.

Edited by Bobothewizard

30 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

In pve, most things are a waste of time.

Playing computer games is a waste of time, it's just how we choose to waste / spend that time.

My personal opinion is loosing some, most or all your stuff when you log off is a waste of time.

Choosing to play the computer game atlas in pve is a waste of time. Any time spent on pve is not by choice, it is because pvp sucks, and experiencing the content can be a good choice to spend time.

Unfortunately, the content is not compelling enough. Losing all my stuff was much more interesting.

7 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Choosing to play the computer game atlas in pve is a waste of time. Any time spent on pve is not by choice, it is because pvp sucks, and experiencing the content can be a good choice to spend time.

Unfortunately, the content is not compelling enough. Losing all my stuff was much more interesting.

I'm lucky, I'm a real slow player, never have got all the power stones, let alone further content. I'll do them sometime, but in the meantime sailing around collecting discovery point, perfecting the layout of ships and my base eats my spare time nicely (no I don't have a castle, closer to a small-holding with a dock).

9 hours ago, eeeceee said:

"Ark has better breeding mechanics for people who cant be online 24/7 or absolutely need their imprints"

Is it easier or what? It's far more tedious, and less accessible. Why would you say it is easier than Ark, but then say its better for people who can't be online 24/7? Are you online 24/7 playing pve atlas, breeding your baby bears in your rp castle?

Have you even played Ark? Breeding is more tedious and time consuming, but you have the option to cryo your tames. Which means you can ensure that you are always online for imprints. However, some shit in Ark, like Wyverns, take up to a hundred hours to grow and have much more intense care and imprint requirements.

Atlas breeding is pretty "set it and forget it" as long as you dont need your imprints. Food stacks higher and lasts longer, troughs hold more, all babies grow at the same rate, they eat less than ark, jerky for preds is easier to make and takes far less time, you don't need to wait to unlock the Tek Trough to breed good shit.

Should I go on about how aggressively out of touch this take is?

Takes a few hours to breed some good animals, have fun with your early/late game scrub harvest rates and getting one shot by op swivel horses, because you won't be able to keep up with those who have the necessary tames/stats.

Scrub my ass, I dont farm shit, I steal it.

I just carved massive swathe across all of Somalia's shit with a fucking ramshackle sloop with one canon, carbine, and a blunderbuss. An army can't control or contain one man. No matter how many tames they have. During mass raids all those swivel riders get picked off by the dudes on high ground quickly. Unless the invaders/defenders suck ass. That's part of the reason securing high ground during a raid is important, in addition to allowing glider/zip line mechanics.

If you think that breeding is boring, and no need for it, that sounds like you're saying that they are repeating the same mistakes with breeding as Ark. Could you explain this further?

Out of touch. Want to ascend? You need those imprinted Rexes.

Quite the contrary. Breeding is far easier in Atlas.

But it's not friendly to people who can't be around for all of the imprints or stock predator troughs every 10 hours.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry