Sign in to follow this  
corsaro_nero

Sleepers preventing land claim in PvE, it's a bug or a feature?

So far, from what I've seen, players do NOT die when sleeping. And, if the player is within the vicinity of their circle, or the overlap of multiple circles, you'll never get their land due to Contention. 
What I believe IS A BUG, is that sleeping people NOT owning or allied to the land owner can contest your ability to claim the land just by being present on the land you're trying to claim, whether they're just gathering resources, or asleep on their boat. THAT is a non-intentional feature/bug as far as I'm concerned!

3 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Days? LOL that is the DEFINITION of lazy. Days are NOTHING. Get on your boat, get some sea legs and sail for WEEKS searching islands and you will find land. Can you visit EVERY island in days? No way. So, until you visit all the islands, yes, you are being lazy. Stop with the millennial mindset of "someone give it to me because I demand it" and go earn it like the countless of other players in the game. You want to come here and cry about not finding land in days, thats fine, but you will never find land. So instead of earning your land, just keep coming here and crying. Im sure it will do a bunch of good.

I can define your weird mindset on this by the fact that anything you don't seem to like is defined by "millennial", and the fact that you think people "earn" land in this game.  Personal responsibility, amirite?  Lazy kids on welfare.  Not happy to live on a raft and visit every island in the game checking each claim.    You had to travel 50 miles in the snow..uphill...both ways to find a piece of land and when you did it was covered in polar bears and crocodiles.

You have no idea how many hours per day or how many days.  (Or the fact that it's x2 because 2 of us are looking in different places)    And apparently anyone you don't like is a  millennial.    Here's another clue.  Get a calendar.  The game's only been out for a month, and I spent the first almost 2 weeks of that in Freeport trying to stay logged in, crashing, rubberbanding, being griefed  and verbally assaulted by 42 idiots all named some variation of p33nius, or ni*%*r.  I was a bit too busy to join the yacht club.  So that leaves @ 2 weeks.  Betcha didn't know that can also be expressed as 14 days.  

So your opinion is that no player can criticize the lack of land or the claim system unless they've first traveled to every island and checked every claim.  Please do us all a favor and stay out of game development as a career.  In fact, even commenting on game design is probably something you might want to avoid.   (And that job at the carnival guessing people's ages?  Not a good choice for you.)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I can define your weird mindset on this by the fact that anything you don't seem to like is defined by "millennial", and the fact that you think people "earn" land in this game.  Personal responsibility, amirite?  Lazy kids on welfare.  Not happy to live on a raft and visit every island in the game checking each claim.    You had to travel 50 miles in the snow..uphill...both ways to find a piece of land and when you did it was covered in polar bears and crocodiles.

You have no idea how many hours per day or how many days.  (Or the fact that it's x2 because 2 of us are looking in different places)    And apparently anyone you don't like is a  millennial.    Here's another clue.  Get a calendar.  The game's only been out for a month, and I spent the first almost 2 weeks of that in Freeport trying to stay logged in, crashing, rubberbanding, being griefed  and verbally assaulted by 42 idiots all named some variation of p33nius, or ni*%*r.  I was a bit too busy to join the yacht club.  So that leaves @ 2 weeks.  Betcha didn't know that can also be expressed as 14 days.  

So your opinion is that no player can criticize the lack of land or the claim system unless they've first traveled to every island and checked every claim.  Please do us all a favor and stay out of game development as a career.  In fact, even commenting on game design is probably something you might want to avoid.   (And that job at the carnival guessing people's ages?  Not a good choice for you.)

The people who have land in the game are quick to say that others who do not are whiners. I also had a LOT of bugs and misfortune the first 14 days of the game launch. I had my character deleted 2 times! Finally I got a character that was able to leave freeport, and I sailed literally everywhere - most nights about 8-9 hours. I found what you found, that there was VERY few inhabitable plots in the game. I say "few" because the plots we were able to find were in the Tundra, and we died every 1-2 minutes just from wolves and cold. Building a hut made no difference in the game because the hot/cold aspect was (and is) broken. I was able to steal land 2 weeks ago in a Temperate zone at a time when it was easier to do so. I'm glad I did, because currently (as I stated in the post above) Contention is next to impossible nowadays with the number of people who aren't active, and who can still contend your flag steal. See my post on this bug just above your post.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Edit, I am removing what I wrote since it is a pointless pissing match. Keep thinking there is no land, there will just be more for everyone else.

Edited by =MGC=Ranger

On 1/23/2019 at 3:46 PM, Vaenix said:

Nope

Implemented code to kill off inactive bodies in Freeports and Lawless Regions (players who have been logged off for more than 10 days).

this now needs to be extended to all regions , 10 days inactive is enough time for holidays etc , 

Just now, UDO said:

this now needs to be extended to all regions , 10 days inactive is enough time for holidays etc , 

100% agreed, either that or simply have the bodies not effect it or removed from the game world and just make the timer that by default for claims.(removing from game world reduces lag win win right?)

This needs to be addressed and soon.  A crew of 2 players has a 2 pieces of land blocking my companies ability to build any further and we cannot do anything about it.  It's been over 3 weeks they've just been sitting there sleeping fucking us over.  This is very annoying and frustrating to say the least and I don't understand why a system hasn't been put in place to counter this shit.  3 weeks they haven't logged in and we're stuck dealing with it blocking our ability to do anything. 

Edited by Retarded Bird

4 minutes ago, UDO said:

A good number of the people I work with take 10-14 day holidays. I mean we all have around 20-25 days annual leave so 10-14 days are pretty standard. Personally I would raise the inactive timer to 15 days.

• Like 1

Just now, Fefu said:

A good number of the people I work with take 10-14 day holidays. I mean we all have around 20-25 days annual leave so 10-14 days are pretty standard. Personally I would raise the inactive timer to 15 days.

anything is better than nothing which is what they have , they put the 10 day timer for those zones u dont see anyone complaining , needs to be all regions now 10-15 days max 

They  need to limit flag systems to company size. More players in company more flags you have. 

To have first flag you must have 2 players in company. 2nd flag - 5 Players in company. 3rd flag - 10 Players in company. 

Players who are in company so they not allow to build in lawless islands. If they had build in lawless island and joined to company when player will lose building in lawless island in 3 days.

Very simple solution. Clean servers and 50% improved server performance 

Edited by Robotukas

1 hour ago, Robotukas said:

They  need to limit flag systems to company size. More players in company more flags you have. 

To have first flag you must have 2 players in company. 2nd flag - 5 Players in company. 3rd flag - 10 Players in company. 

Players who are in company so they not allow to build in lawless islands. If they had build in lawless island and joined to company when player will lose building in lawless island in 3 days.

Very simple solution. Clean servers and 50% improved server performance 

wtf has this got to do with sleepers logged out layer blocking claiming of redundant flags ?

there are hundreds of claims now blocked by players logged out for weeks now , 

the early rush is over the hype has died down and now we need to reclaim all the land spammers that no longer play 

1 hour ago, Robotukas said:

This would not affect me as I am not alone in the company. However, this would kill the ability for a solo player to have land. I do not agree with your proposal.

Simple - Make it so that there's a countdown timer whether you have land or not, similar to how it's done right now in Lawless zones.  4 day countdown timer if you do not log on it decays.  Extend the time from 4 days to what... 10-15 days?  These fuckers have been gone for over 3 weeks just snoring in their little shack blocking our entire ability to build and it's frustrating as shit. 

Edited by Retarded Bird

1 hour ago, UDO said:

wtf has this got to do with sleepers logged out layer blocking claiming of redundant flags ?

there are hundreds of claims now blocked by players logged out for weeks now , 

the early rush is over the hype has died down and now we need to reclaim all the land spammers that no longer play 

Reduce amount flags reduce amount sleepers. Simple

1 hour ago, Fefu said:

This would not affect me as I am not alone in the company. However, this would kill the ability for a solo player to have land. I do not agree with your proposal.

Why do you need a flag on land when you can live in lawless. So you have to choose to play as a team or be solo. If this server can hold 42k players so how many flags you can place? Is not enough land to place all flags. What about when some players place 3 or more flags? What about when companies have flags on lands and also have buildings in lawless? Do you want to live on the boat or you want to live somewhere on land? You have to compromise. I don't mind leaving in lawless because I don't need to worry about what someone can claim when I am playing solo.

2 hours ago, Robotukas said:

Why do you need a flag on land when you can live in lawless. So you have to choose to play as a team or be solo. If this server can hold 42k players so how many flags you can place? Is not enough land to place all flags. What about when some players place 3 or more flags? What about when companies have flags on lands and also have buildings in lawless? Do you want to live on the boat or you want to live somewhere on land? You have to compromise. I don't mind leaving in lawless because I don't need to worry about what someone can claim when I am playing solo.

Well you gave a choice between Lawless and claimed land to everyone except solo players. Solo players get relegated to just Lawless (the live on a ship is not viable at the moment) Why? Why not give the choice to everyone?

Ahoy,
in my honest opinion the best solution for the problem is to introduce some kind of upkeep-cost which increase dependent on how many flags you own.
Solves the problem with
-sleepers, this should be pretty much self-explanatory.
-greedy small companies which flagspam like there is no tomorrow.
-its also more transparent for the flag-owner. That way you can exactly see for how many hours your flag is protected. Right now - I even dont know if I have an lagacy flag or not and how active I have to be in my claim to get my flag protected again.

Btw. getting land is not that hard as some of you ppl might think. Mentioned greedy small companies are mostly unable or unwilling to defend their land properly. I got myself a nice spot in a tropical biome after "everything was claimed". On one Island I was able to attack 3 different flags successfully. One of them even on a beach which I finally took.
I can also confirm that some companies are willing to give land for free if you have a nice chatter with them.

7 hours ago, Robotukas said:

Reduce amount flags reduce amount sleepers. Simple

doesnt work like that , the sleeper are in the areas that are prime for claiming and they cannot be taken ,noone wants a base in the woods or on top of metal nodes , they want to claim the abandoned bases near beach where we can place shipyards , etc , 

sleepers need to be removed to free up massive amounts of land 

6 hours ago, Fefu said:

Well you gave a choice between Lawless and claimed land to everyone except solo players. Solo players get relegated to just Lawless (the live on a ship is not viable at the moment) Why? Why not give the choice to everyone?

Because of server limitation. You need to think if server can handle. Unless you happy enjoy game with lags and disconnection. 

3 hours ago, Robotukas said:

Because of server limitation. You need to think if server can handle. Unless you happy enjoy game with lags and disconnection. 

So basically you doom solos to the laggy Lawless servers. Seems like you're trying to jiggle the rules to suit you and who cares about the rest. I'm not playing solo so your proposal would be beneficial to me. However, I have been playing various MMOs starting with Ultima in bygone days - there is one thing in common to all of them - if you do not cater for the solo player the game will die a miserable death or be relegated to a niche demographic. Ultimately, it will depend on the business model and the game design but the latter is whole other post for another time.

20 minutes ago, Fefu said:

So basically you doom solos to the laggy Lawless servers. Seems like you're trying to jiggle the rules to suit you and who cares about the rest. I'm not playing solo so your proposal would be beneficial to me. However, I have been playing various MMOs starting with Ultima in bygone days - there is one thing in common to all of them - if you do not cater for the solo player the game will die a miserable death or be relegated to a niche demographic. Ultimately, it will depend on the business model and the game design but the latter is whole other post for another time.

What is the difference between flag land and without flag land? You can also be in someone land just find landlord. If you want to play solo so the private server is for that or you want to be greedy and have all with flag lands? You need to consider in many aspects: technical, stability and availability. If you want to have 42k players in the server when you have to compromise and make it stable.

Edited by Robotukas

@Robotukas

You're not getting the point. You are so intent in making your playstyle better that you ready to deny choices to other playstyles. If the devs had sold this game with the disclaimer that solos are to play on private servers or suffer lag than I might empathize but they didn't. Their money is as good as yours whether you like it or not.

Let's beg to disagree because we ain't converging.

21 minutes ago, Fefu said:

@Robotukas

You're not getting the point. You are so intent in making your playstyle better that you ready to deny choices to other playstyles. If the devs had sold this game with the disclaimer that solos are to play on private servers or suffer lag than I might empathize but they didn't. Their money is as good as yours whether you like it or not.

Let's beg to disagree because we ain't converging.

But I would like you to understand and find a better solution so the servers can handle. If you have any knowledge of programming or hardware so you will look for an optimal method to make it work. I am not sure how many players know not only about how to play a game but also how the game is made and how is running. This game map is made from many servers. Is not WoW, is not Ultima and so on. I like to play solo as long no one disturbs me. For me, it doesn't make difference if I have the flag or I have land in lawless, or I am in someone else land when I am playing solo. As long I can build a house, shipyard and barn for an animal so I am happy. What else you need?