Sign in to follow this  
corsaro_nero

Sleepers preventing land claim in PvE, it's a bug or a feature?

No, it is not a bug. It is designed so active players cannot be screwed out of their land. Yes, sleepers can die (I have) if they run out of food and water. If you are building next to a claimed land hoping that the owner doesnt play anymore, you are hoping for a purple unicorn. Give up taking someones existing land, get on a boat and go find land. Regardless of what you hear, there is claimable land. 

2 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

No, it is not a bug. It is designed so active players cannot be screwed out of their land. Yes, sleepers can die (I have) if they run out of food and water. If you are building next to a claimed land hoping that the owner doesnt play anymore, you are hoping for a purple unicorn. Give up taking someones existing land, get on a boat and go find land. Regardless of what you hear, there is claimable land. 

Can 100% verify there is claimable land or at minimum people who are willing to give you a plot or too inland that isn't on valuable resources.  You just have to look and talk with people.  I've found people in tropic/temperate/tundra all either willing to sell land or flat out give someone a plot with the only requirement that they are a good neighbor.

• Like 1

Just now, Vaenix said:

Can 100% verify there is claimable land or at minimum people who are willing to give you a plot or too inland that isn't on valuable resources.  You just have to look and talk with people.  I've found people in tropic/temperate/tundra all either willing to sell land or flat out give someone a plot with the only requirement that they are a good neighbor.

Yes, 100% without a doubt in PVE NA there is claimable land. I found not one, two, or even 3, I found 4 claimable places on 4 different Isles in my travels. Resources on a claimed piece of land is irrelevant. If you find a piece of land with limited resources, well, you have a boat lol. Where I am settled now has limited resources but its in a good place so its worth transporting the resources. Also, no, I do not mind paying the tax to my nieghbors.

1 hour ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Friend of mine hasn’t played since the 3rd day. At 80 or so water and 95 food. If they can die from not eating or drinking it will be months.

1 hour ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Active players? Why don't just increment claim timer then(to 15 days like in ARK), how i'm supposed to know if a sleeper isn't playing for weeks and almost dying or or just got in vacation 4 days ago? 

Edited by corsaro_nero
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zolce said:

Friend of mine hasn’t played since the 3rd day. At 80 or so water and 95 food. If they can die from not eating or drinking it will be months.

LOL.

BTW we are playing on EU-PVE, we just need a piece of land where to build our base. Let me know is someonce know some free spots, we are checking many sectors but as you can imagine is not easy. At the moment we just found claimed land that permits building but we don't know what happen if the owner revert building permissions(we lose everything?).

6 minutes ago, corsaro_nero said:

LOL.

BTW we are playing on EU-PVE, we just need a piece of land where to build our base. Let me know is someonce know some free spots, we are checking many sectors but as you can imagine is not easy. At the moment we just found claimed land that permits building but we don't know what happen if the owner revert building permissions(we lose everything?).

Let me know if you find a spot and I'll let you know if I find a spot. I'm on the western side of the map and have been through about 15 regions - all land we've been to has been claimed.

1 hour ago, corsaro_nero said:

I know this, what i'm asking if this is considered a bug(and hopefully fixed soon) or not. 

PS: Sleepers can die? 

Yes my response meant that it is intended, sorry for not making it clear.

i hope its a feature.. without that I stop playing ATLAS if people can just claim shit when I´m offline. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Linxie said:

Let me know if you find a spot and I'll let you know if I find a spot. I'm on the western side of the map and have been through about 15 regions - all land we've been to has been claimed.

We're checking the east regions. And sure,  if I find more than 1 spot I can keep for you, no problem.

Does anyone know how long sleepers take to die? I am surrounded by claims that are contested by sleepers who have not logged in since last December. All still alive and snoring.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mephos said:

i hope its a feature.. without that I stop playing ATLAS if people can just claim shit when I´m offline. 

Like I said, just increment claim timer to 15 days like ark. 3 days I agree with you it's not much time but I don't find right that someone that stopped played at day 3 can still own a piace of land and prevent active players to have one.

21 minutes ago, Fefu said:

Does anyone know how long sleepers take to die? 

sleepers don´t die on their own. 

at least monitored our sleepers for food and health and nothing has moved since they went offline. 

Edit. Just to say this. Sleeper shouldn´t die. How about you go into holiday for a week and you come back and all your stuff is gone. The current system is fine. I don´t know what the issue is there is plenty of land in different regions like south and north. The colder it gets the more space is left. Visited server cluster yesterday where 10 people were only and half the island was not claimed and free (EU PvE)

All 1,2,3 or 13,14,15 regions are super empty cause of the harsh conditions. 

Rather ask for better conditions so that you can live up there without dying every 2 seconds instead of changing the claim system. 

Additional if you ask friendly in each server cluster chat about some claims available for building, where you mention that you are a friendly player who respects the company and resources etc. and only wants to build up and have a small shipyard etc. then most people will offer you some land since the benefit from the 30% tax is quite good. especially larger companies

Edited by Mephos

1 minute ago, Caduryn said:

After 10 Days not online, Charakter will be removed/die.

wrong. our dude is now offline for 3 weeks, still in the stone building he left

Just now, Mephos said:

wrong. our dude is now offline for 3 weeks, still in the stone building he left

Well, its what Grapeshot is telling :P

7 minutes ago, Mephos said:

Additional if you ask friendly in each server cluster chat about some claims available for building, where you mention that you are a friendly player who respects the company and resources etc. and only wants to build up and have a small shipyard etc. then most people will offer you some land since the benefit from the 30% tax is quite good. especially larger companies

What happens if they change claim permissions after you built inside? We don't care about tariffis but we don't want to lose our buildings is someone one day change the claim settings.

7 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

After 10 Days not online, Charakter will be removed/die.

Nope

Implemented code to kill off inactive bodies in Freeports and Lawless Regions (players who have been logged off for more than 10 days).

4 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

Well, its what Grapeshot is telling 😛

that's only in freeports and lawless. Literally all the people complaining about the FOY and dying of old age being added to the game are the same ones complaining about sleepers AWOL on their claim. Sleepers will be killed off by old age...eventually when its implemented after everyone has their chance to get the FOY. 

3 minutes ago, corsaro_nero said:

What happens if they change claim permissions after you built inside? We don't care about tariffis but we don't want to lose our buildings is someone one day change the claim settings.

Interesting question tbh. If anyone knows the answer please let us know 🙂

I don´t know. But honestly if you talk to people you notice fast if they are normal guys who just want to play a bit. At least for PvE you have quite a lot of friendly people. But maybe I´m just good at talking to people. Had so far no bigger issues with people. Even gave a claim to our neighbour so that he can expand his harbour. 

Edited by Mephos

3 minutes ago, corsaro_nero said:

You lose everything