Sign in to follow this  
Apokh

DLSS in ATLAS?

Hey guys,

struggeling atm with the decision to buy or not to buy a a RTX2070 and dump my EVGA1070FTW Hybrid.

As I dug thru the internet to find pros  and Cons (besides the opricing) i found a list with Games supporting DLSS.

ARK is listed there, does that mean ATLAS supports DLSS also? Currently? Or is this info like the DX12 Patch running gag?

Even with AA set on EPIC the AA in this game is awful as hell. 

(if its alredy released????)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Apokh

DLSS is very likely coming since it was announced for ARK.

RTX 2070 is only slightly faster than GTX 1080 in legacy mode, DLSS, FP16 and raytracing is obviously different. A better upgrade for you would be the 2080 like I use. Its a slightly faster 1080ti, so even in legacy games or support you get a solid speedup.

I believe ARK is having huge issues with RTX cards, you might want to confirm with RTX users here on Atlas that their cards are working perfectly. Apparently Blue screen of deaths due to UT engine issues. 

Im using a 1080ti so havent had these issues but there is a huge thread on the ARK forums so dont want the same issue to happen to you.

I have a RTX 2080 Ti and my game runs fine, only sometimes I get a crash because of low memory which is impossible, but it happens. 

Edited by Percieval

42 minutes ago, Percieval said:

low memory which is impossible

lowlevelfatalerror by any chance?

I have raised this to @Jatheishin many topics and on the ARK forums as its a constant failure but they seem to be ignoring me. It is not worth buying a £800 GFX card for this game, they want you to use onboard IntelH4400 graphics and run at 480x640 with all settings low - I think so that you cant make out their horrible mistakes 😉 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Anarki said:

lowlevelfatalerror by any chance?

I have raised this to @Jatheishin many topics and on the ARK forums as its a constant failure but they seem to be ignoring me. It is not worth buying a £800 GFX card for this game, they want you to use onboard IntelH4400 graphics and run at 480x640 with all settings low - I think so that you cant make out their horrible mistakes 😉 

Yes that one. Damn annoying.

Edited by Percieval

When I was able to log in (darn you, BattlEye!) I was running perfectly fine with a GTX1060-6GB card.

My laptop can at least start Atlas because it's not on a windows Insider build... It's jerky and laggy but I blame that on the current configuration... I need more ram.  I've got 8GB and an AMD 2500u in it... 4 core 8 thread AND 8 Vega cores running at 2Ghz-3.5GHz.  The problem is that the "GPU" needs video ram, and the Vega cores can appropriate up to half of all System ram so I'm trying to run on about 3GB for the game (about 1GB for the OS).  At least a 16GB upgrade would give me 8GB each for video and for the game, and it looks like ram is finally dropping in price 😍

Edited by Hambo