Sign in to follow this  
Dragonchampion

Been with this game since day 1, working hard, playing as well as I can, gathering my ass off... and just had my galleon griefed and sank in PvE.

I guess that's the reason I who prefer PVE activities avoid the PVE server. I would strongly suggest you try out a private server, as the admin in those server can actually do something about these kinds of exploits.

• Like 1

This is another example why the current fix NOT WORK .

Grapeshot should have done what the community suggest: You can not sink an anchored ship via overweight method , but it can not move either  .  And the company have the option to kick out anyone on board . All problem will go away in an instant .

Instead , they chose a method that fix NOTHING but punish honest players .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

A guy pillared my boats, sank my galleon, and taunted me in the main chat. 

I would love to know the context and the other side of the story. 

For him to be able to pillar your boat you would have to be within his claim and I have yet to meet people who would instantly grief you without any actions from my side. I normally introduce myself, ask if I can stay and if I´m welcome I lower may anchor, if not I continue sailing. 

Additional for him to sink your ship you would need to have your ladders down. There is no other way atm that I can imagine how someone could else overweight your ship. 

The pillar thing sucks tbh. I was wondering also what I would do if someone would just build gates around my ship when I´m offline in the night in another claim. 

Still WC current fix is not really helping. 

Sorry for your loss. 

Edited by Mephos

3 minutes ago, Mephos said:

I would love to know the context and the other side of the story. 

For him to be able to pillar your boat you would have to be within his claim and I have yet to meet people who would instantly grief you without any actions from my side. I normally introduce myself, ask if I can stay and if I´m welcome I lower may anchor, if not I continue sailing. 

Additional for him to sink your ship you would need to have your ladders down. There is no other way atm that I can imagine how someone could else overweight your ship. 

The pillar thing sucks tbh. I was wondering also what I would do if someone would just build gates around my ship when I´m offline in the night in another claim. 

Still WC current fix is not really helping. 

Sorry for your loss. 

Was in lawless; K12 is lawless. We hadn't spammed pillars everywhere because we saw that as crude and not asthetic for our base and thus thre was plenty of openings for him. And actually, I discovered today that other players can whistle down your emergency ladder, so there's no way to stop people from using ladders.

Just a perfect storm, I suppose.

Edited by Dragonchampion

This thread makes me sad. The Op recently wrote one of the most comprehensive posts I’ve seen reviewing his Atlas experience, offering feedback that was detailed and thoughtful, and offering extremely balanced and well thought out suggestions for changes. I was so impressed with it, I made him the first person I’ve followed on the forums because I wanted to see what thoughts he had to contribute in the future.

Dragon you have my sympathy and understanding. I hope that after a break you will consider returning. Any game worth a fig could always use more people like you.

• Like 8

No, Draco!, just woke up an a sad story..., wish could somehow help or take to own land. Also don't liste to that... scorpionshawn, they just seem consumed by hate of being unable to do anything in the game and now bash everyone else to make them feel the same. *pat Draco*, thou art fine, not whiny etc, we would personaly bombard devs with requests if it happened to us so thou art already calmer than us.

The OP is exactly the kind of decent player that this game needs. I play in what most would call a PvE style (not being a total dick :P) but I prefer to play on PvP servers because of this sort of thing being a frequent occurrence in other games.

I would suggest the OP tried PvP servers as, from what I see on these forums, they are a lot less toxic and problematic.

• Like 1

Seeing how this is a PVE server, well even if it was PVP I'm sure what he did isnt griefing its exploiting and bannable. Be sure to report in game name and steam name and hopefully they take care of things for u

Do some searching on the steam forums for a large unofficial pve server.   They exist and they are fun.  I've been on unofficial for a while now and it's the best thing I did to help me enjoy this game.

Official servers are toxic and a free for all.

• Like 1

I'm on a 4x3 PvPvE server and it blows the Official servers, in their current exploit-ridden state, out of the water.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kampfer91 said:

This is another example why the current fix NOT WORK .

Grapeshot should have done what the community suggest: You can not sink an anchored ship via overweight method , but it can not move either  .  And the company have the option to kick out anyone on board . All problem will go away in an instant .

Instead , they chose a method that fix NOTHING but punish honest players .

The problem is, even if they change that this exploit still gets left open because they can pillar wherever the hell they like.  I don't agree with the current bandaid but this is clearly just another in a line of exploits that have to be dealt with.

9 minutes ago, Coggage said:

I'm on a 4x3 PvPvE server and it blows the Official servers, in their current exploit-ridden state, out of the water.

Looking at moving toward a 4x4 here soon myself.  Haven't had a bad time on official though(all the folks in my region are actually rather nice) but I can see where the exploits can be done.  

• Like 1

@Dollie You said we were free to message you. Since I'm guessing @Jatheish is still suffering jet lag, here it is: This post is a perfect example of the types of exploits that need to stop happening. I'm seeing posts almost daily about how weight exploits, pillar exploits and SotD exploits are being used to grief players. In PVP, you should expect to lose everything you have at any moment. In PVE, this should not be happening.  I have heard nothing from the WC team for weeks about what's being done to stop these exploits and this OP deserves and answer as to why this is being allowed to continue and why he feels the need to quit this game as a result.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I have an update for those who care; I got home from the dentist to someone yelling at me on Discord "I will make sure you never buy or trade again", and that "several of his friends" were banned for "no evidence", even though he admitted in global he sank my Galleon.

So that's nice, at least. WIll be taking a break for a while, but will come back soon, hopefully remake our galleon, and eventually reach for the stars, and maybe even make a brig dedicated to forming a beachhead on an Atlas Stone Isle!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dragonchampion said:

I have an update for those who care; I got home from the dentist to someone yelling at me on Discord "I will make sure you never buy or trade again", and that "several of his friends" were banned for "no evidence", even though he admitted in global he sank my Galleon.

So that's nice, at least. WIll be taking a break for a while, but will come back soon, hopefully remake our galleon, and eventually reach for the stars, and maybe even make a brig dedicated to forming a beachhead on an Atlas Stone Isle!

Good news.  Even though we didn't get a direct response, this indirect response gives me hope.

@Dollie, @Jatheish - If this is your handiwork, thanks for getting involved. No further response needed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Good news.  Even though we didn't get a direct response, this indirect response gives me hope.

@Dollie, @Jatheish - If this is your handiwork, thanks for getting involved. No further response needed.

It was Dollie, she contacted me on Discord.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2019 at 10:43 AM, Scorpionshawn said:

Dude for real? Just get over it!

Unless that guy was using a hack or breaking the rules then you shouldn't complain.

Just grow a set and get revenge.

I love this type of idiotic response because normally the first people to whine when it happens to them

On 1/23/2019 at 9:43 PM, Scorpionshawn said:

Dude for real? Just get over it!

Unless that guy was using a hack or breaking the rules then you shouldn't complain.

Just grow a set and get revenge.

Well , aren't you a fucking hero ..... 

8 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

I love this type of idiotic response because normally the first people to whine when it happens to them

The irony is that he makes a new thread every 4 hours like clockwork predicting DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM unless Atlas is changed in exactly the way he prefers.

Sounds like it's time for a private sever.  Just like with ARK, public servers are AIDS.

I'm just waiting for my ships to be sank by either SOTD, while anchored or people next door come sink my Gally and Brig on PVE. After that I wont rebuild them. And likely not play much. The game is to exploitive right now. I'll revisit in a month or a year after that, Because things will get better. I just wouldn't do what I did with Ark, and keep trying to play a broken game until it's fixed trying to fight to keep what little you have.