Sign in to follow this  
Dragonchampion

Been with this game since day 1, working hard, playing as well as I can, gathering my ass off... and just had my galleon griefed and sank in PvE.

A guy pillared my boats, sank my galleon, and taunted me in the main chat. I guess... he won. None of my friends have the drive to continue playing after that, and I don't want to just mindlessly gather for a week. I guess that's it.

I love Atlas. Everything about it. It makes me feel good, love the progression, and love everything about it. I love the people, I love the trading, I love the combat. Bu I guess it's over now.

Thank you, Atlas, for the best month of gaming I've had for a long, long time. It means a lot that I got to play it as long as I did. Thanks, guys, for reading this eulogy, and I do hope you don't have this sort of luck either.

Edited by Dragonchampion
  • Like 5
  • Sad 4

31 minutes ago, Dragonchampion said:

But now, a guy pillared my boats, sank my glleon, and taunted me in the main chat. I guess... he won. None of my friends have the drive to continu playing after that, and I don't want to just mindlessly gather for a week. I guess that's it.

I love Atlas. Everything about it. It makes me feel good, love the progression, and love everything about it. I love the people, I love the trading, I love the combat. Bu I guess it's over now.

Thank you, Atlas, for the best month of gaming I've had for a long, long time. It means a lot that I got to play it as long as I did. Thanks, guys, for reading this eulogy, and I do hope you don't have this sort of luck either.

Dude for real? Just get over it!

Unless that guy was using a hack or breaking the rules then you shouldn't complain.

Just grow a set and get revenge.

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Unless that guy was using a hack or breaking the rules then you shouldn't complain.

I'm not one for revenge or retribution.

What is he going to do on a PVE server? Nothing PVE servers are lame, you cant even fight back when people are doing this type of stuff to you. You at least stand a fighting chance on PVP servers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dragonchampion said:

I'm not one for revenge or retribution.

ignore the chat and sink his ships how he sank your or just move dude!

• Like 1

Nice post, OP.  I'm feeling the same way, I suppose.  I've had fun since launch but there's almost nowhere to build with people having multiple land Claims and those Claims are locked down by the crazy 6 hour "any-passer-by-resets-it" timer.  IF you can build, the griefing and exploiting even on PvE is enough to ensure nothing is safe - at least on PvP you can do SOMETHING about it, even if it isn't much in some cases, but overall the situation is worse on there.  There's no prospect of being left in peace in any Official game mode to enjoy your little slice of Atlas and just build, trade and explore.

Playing a 100 year-old "Pirate" who, in reality, has to slave every hour he/she can as a Lumberjack-Farmer-Miner simply in order to try and keep a small base running and a ship afloat, with one eye constantly open for griefing and wondering what will be destroyed when you next log in, is getting less and less entertaining by the day.  It's also the first game I have owned in 20 years where I dread them bringing out an update, because everything they "fix" or introduce just results in more broken game mechanisms, more exploits and new ways of griefing.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

With what? Our ships are pillared, and he will probably sink them by morning.

Just now, Coggage said:

Nice post, OP.  I'm feeling the same way, I suppose.  I've had fun since launch but there's almost nowhere to build with people having multiple land Claims and those Claims are locked down by the crazy 6 hour "any-passer-by-resets-it" timer.  IF you can build, the griefing and exploiting even on PvE is enough to ensure nothing is safe - at least on PvP you can do SOMETHING about it, even if it isn't much in some cases, but overall the situation is worse on there.  There's no prospect of being left in peace in any Official game mode to enjoy your little slice of Atlas and just build, trade and explore.

Playing a 100 year-old "Pirate" who, in reality, has to slave every hour he/she can as a Lumberjack-Farmer-Miner simply in order to try and keep a small base running and a ship afloat, with one eye constantly open for griefing and wondering what will be destroyed when you next log in, is getting less and less entertaining by the day.  It's also the first game I have owned in 20 years where I dread them bringing out an update, because everything they "fix" or introduce just results in more broken game mechanisms, more exploits and new ways of griefing.

OP as in Over Powered?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I'm not one for revenge either, but in this instance I quite agree with you.  OP, just do to him what he did to you.  Get as many people as you can to do the same.  Pillar under his ships and see how he enjoys a bit of that himself.

2 minutes ago, Dragonchampion said:

Yup maybe you should find another game and I never said that to anyone once till now...

Despite how people feel about me on the forums 

1 minute ago, Coggage said:

I'm not one for revenge either, but in this instance I quite agree with you.  OP, just do to him what he did to you.  Get as many people as you can to do the same.  Pillar under his ships and see how he enjoys a bit of that himself.

The thing is, I'm way too soft-hearted for that. I guess I truly need to "Grow a pair" but I'm the storta person who hung out way too long in the lawless zone, because I loved walking up to newbies and suddenly dropping a sloop's worth of materials at their feet.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dragonchampion said:

The thing is, I'm way too soft-hearted for that. I guess I truly need to "Grow a pair" but I'm the storta person who hung out way too long in the lawless zone, because I loved walking up to newbies and suddenly dropping a sloop's worth of materials at their feet.

Were you in L4?

Well, assuming he is in a place near you, you all load up with wooden pillars and you all walk over, swim out and pillar around and under his boats.  Is he on his own?  When you say "our" how many people do you mean?

Just now, Coggage said:

Well, assuming he is in a place near you, you all load up with wooden pillars and you all walk over, swim out and pillar around and under his boats.  Is he on his own?  When you say "our" how many people do you mean?

We were a good chunk of maybe 10 people with intermittent login times. Everyone was getting bored of just gathering though, and I guess that's why i started to talk in world chat when I gathered. And then I said something he didn't like... and now here I am.

And he lives on another island.

13 minutes ago, Dragonchampion said:

We were a good chunk of maybe 10 people with intermittent login times. Everyone was getting bored of just gathering though, and I guess that's why i started to talk in world chat when I gathered. And then I said something he didn't like... and now here I am.

And he lives on another island.

Bro your coming off as whinny. What do you want the devs to do?

Are you new to MMO game or something because shit like this went on in Ark for years in pve. 

Like someone working for hours to tame a dino and another player comes along and shots it. All the hours gone just like that so get over it bud

Edited by Scorpionshawn

Bro your coming off as whinny. What do you want the devs to do?

Are you new to MMO game or something because shit like this went on in Ark for years in pve. 

Like someone working for hours to tame a dino and another player comes along and shots it. All the hours gone just like that so get over it bud

Sorry about that. Wasn't my intention. Not really intending for the devs to do anything, I just wanted to thank the community for giving me a really fun game while it lasted. You guys are just as much a part of the game as the game itself. And you guys are awesome.

I'm going to bed, but thanks, at least, for being here to talk to.

• Like 5

Sorry about that. Wasn't my intention. Not really intending for the devs to do anything, I just wanted to thank the community for giving me a really fun game while it lasted. You guys are just as much a part of the game as the game itself. And you guys are awesome.

I'm going to bed, but thanks, at least, for being here to talk to.

Ok nice knowing ya

Scorpion, the OP is just a nice person trying to explain in a calm manner what has happened to him. No need to be a total cunt just because you wanna feel like a keyboard warrior.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3