Stabby

What happens when I hit 100?

I'm currently level 99. Am I going to lose my guild, my land, my tames, my boats, my countless hours building when I turn 100?

I'm age 100 in game. Nothing changed.

Edited by Axden1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can confirm that. Was 100, died several times couple of days ago going to FoY. Nothing happened. 

Thanks guys. In the process of contesting a flag. Was pretty sure I'd be 100 by the time it is/was done. If we're getting deleted at a certain age then why continue gameplay? I don't know if I should do anything anymore. Can't harvest, can't build, can't tame, can't claim, etc if it's all coming to an end. I will lose everything. All of my hard work would be gone. I'm hesitant to even play the game now. 

In the meantime I made a raft and lined it wait storage crates that I can access from the water. I made a couple shipyards, tools, etc and pin coded them so that I'll have access to them in case of reset. So it wouldn't be a complete loss. But with no land available it would still be a complete loss.

Frustrated.

Grey hair,  Strength, Stamina & Weight debuff (-10)
 Stamina & Health regen debuff of 20%
..and melee damage -10%

Edited by DeadMeat

It'd be funny if you died and then became one of the Damned and could join a SOTD crew and fight human players 😄

• Haha 1

Is it still true that nothing happens when you hit 100?  I am 92 and am not sure if there is even a Fountain of Youth on our private server.  I would be pretty bummed if I lose everything now. 

Nothing happens if you hit 100 and its not even mentioned anywhere that you perma die at age 100 so stop spreading this 100 age non sense just chill and play nothing will happen. And FoY is really easy to get, take maximum  2-3 attempts to run inside cave.🙂

I have been age 100 for almost a month now. The notion that your character dies at 100 is utter bs. It has never been true and is a prime example of what happens when people speculate without any basis in fact and others then take that speculation as gospel. 

“Don’t  believe everything you read on the internet.” - Abraham Lincoln

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I have been age 100 for almost a month now. The notion that your character dies at 100 is utter bs. It has never been true and is a prime example of what happens when people speculate without any basis in fact and others then take that speculation as gospel. 

“Don’t  believe everything you read on the internet.” - Abraham Lincoln

But, how do we know you're not dead. A dead person would be trying to entice everyone to die and join his side. We're on to you.

1 hour ago, Zadira said:

Here is the reason that there is so much confusion.   

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/12/19/atlas-pirate-mmo-developer-interview/ 

Jeremy - "We also want you to die, if you reach a hundred."

Okay that's more understandable. Jeremy did at one point say they want you to die if you reach 100.  I had not seen that specific quote so now I understand where people might have some confusion. However he never says anything that implies that death at 100 will amount to losing your character,  so that part is still people extrapolating things without any substantial basis. It also kind of stands to reason to me anyway that if they don't have heirs in yet that they wouldn't have the full effects of reaching 100 in the game because one of the main ways to avoid it's effects isn't available yet.

10 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

But, how do we know you're not dead. A dead person would be trying to entice everyone to die and join his side. We're on to you.

I'll get you my pretty.

And your little dog too.