Sign in to follow this  
Yemesis

custom weather

Is there any possibility to custom the weather on your server ? because i actually have a really annoying problem, whenever there's a cold front we almost instantly die from it even with 200 fortitude

EDIT : Just found how to do so , you need to create a new template and add    ChanceForCold on the serverCustomDatas1 and      0 on ServerCustomData2 and choose that template for the grid
 template.thumb.JPG.ba523d1c994bd85c76c5098a2272a8ea.JPG

Edited by Yemesis

3 hours ago, enrell said:

Can we do this on live server ?

nope you need to close the server , edit it with Islandeditor save and reboot ^^

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Yemesis said:

nope you need to close the server , edit it with Islandeditor save and reboot ^^

What i meant is can i do it on a already running server without the need to delete the saves etc

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, enrell said:

What i meant is can i do it on a already running server without the need to delete the saves etc

yes you can.  Before you do anything, I would edit the locks and make sure all islands/discovery zones/ship paths are locked just in case you mis-click.  I've changed / moved around discovery zones / custom datas / templates for grids and it doesnt hurt the save, consider them just like server settings.  When you start moving islands around thats when you will get into trouble.

59 minutes ago, SixxGunZ said:

yes you can.  Before you do anything, I would edit the locks and make sure all islands/discovery zones/ship paths are locked just in case you mis-click.  I've changed / moved around discovery zones / custom datas / templates for grids and it doesnt hurt the save, consider them just like server settings.  When you start moving islands around thats when you will get into trouble.

Can i have a look at your json ?

50 minutes ago, SixxGunZ said:

what for?

What i mean is looking for example.

Mine on a dedicated server by a host. When we did the custom map, we forgo all these features, powerstone , npc, whales etc, so in our json, those portions are empty.

I want to see if i could just add them in manually by the editor.

Nobody knows how to turn off extreme heat in the region?

,ChanceForHeat, and ,DisableHeat, - dont work

it would be nice to get some info on what the actual temperature setting mean in the json, so we can adjust them to what we want them to be.   Just being able to turn off extreme cold doesn't address the issue of the weather still fluctuating a lot.

Hi, did someone found the parameter to change for heat ? like Margot said chanceforheat did not work.

Thanks !

Hi,

I've tested it yesterday and it seems to work ! Many thanks 🙂

So I can't seem to get it to work still getting heatwaves and freezing