Sign in to follow this  
Nokim

Storms too close to shores sinking ship!!!

Seriously wth! i had my brig anchored on shore in front of my island...ANCHORED so you know it was close to shore. Apparently the storms SUNK IT!!!!!

I had 1 crew member set to repair. But apparently in the last 10 hrs there was so many storms it drained my resources and sunk it?!?!?!

http://tinypic.com/r/ofws4w/9

Edited by Nokim
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

yup this happens. needs to be fixed. And why do storms spawn every time it rains?? Does it never just a tiny bit? It never ever rains on desert biomes. Adjustments should be made.

The amount of cyclones in a storm is insane....
Feels like the entire map turns into the Bermuda Triangle when cyclones appear....

• Like 3

I agree the cyclones should occur less often. I think they should have rain storms which is just rain. Thunderstorms with sound and lightning. And occasionally Sever Thunderstorms with waterspouts/tornadoes. Obviously a Hurricanes/Typhoons every once in a long while along the equator too. Also wouldn't mind seeing some blizzards etc in the colder climates and dust storms in the deserts... As an eventual thing. I know they want to keep adding more biome types eventually so would love to see weather events related to the biome/region on the map.

yes anchored ships take damage in cyclones, and sometimes people sail close to your ship will actually make them hit yours , the thing tho there is like 100s of ships around the islands where i am and some are just lucky as they not been on for week + and their ships never lost 1 singel point , they need to add more decay on ships the longer people not around to clear the coastlines some places 

The storms are working as planed because the devs dont play the game they think this was a great idea.

Also the devs dont live in the real world where every time it storms theres rarely  Cyclones!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Version 8 had this:

- Ships near shore do not attract cyclones anymore

Somewhere between v8 and v15 that got reverted as I constantly get cyclones hitting the shore now.

The same way they sneaky came back with the SOTD, but now in an overkill way. If this is on purpose, i think they hate us players, if it is not on purpose they just don´t care about us players. Can´t tell which is worse.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Shintai said:

Anchored ships take no cyclone damage. Sure you simply wasn't griefed?

They aren't supposed to.

We tend to mop up fellow companies yard after a tornado. We've salvage: 2 brig, 2 schooners, 1 galleon, 4 sloops up to now.

Tornadoes sure do sink anchored ships.

A tornado one hit one of our brigs that was anchored today.

These really REALLY need to be looked at.

Edited by gadefence

(the tornados are stupid and should be removed)

I had a bunch of tornados spawn on me near the shore of an island, i rushed hte island, anchored and sighed relief only to turn and see that one of the funnel clouds just sat on my boat's rear spinning for another few. it didn't dissipate and it didn't move. i scooted forward again and re-anchored.

(tornados are awful)

• Like 1

Yes, this is happening again.  I watched a couple of storms last night roll in and 'attack' each of my anchored shipped parked in shallow water near the shore.  This was broken recently.

5 hours ago, Shintai said:

They do take damage. Have to constantly refresh supplies on my brig due to the spot I am in. It isn’t anchored ships that attract them as some days I never get hit. It’s any active ship sailing by and the amount of cyclones blankets a large area.

Edited by Zolce
Adding more.

Anchored ships don't attract cyclones, but they aren't immune to them.  If your ship is anchored, it won't attract cyclones.  But that doesn't protect you from other people's Unanchored ships that attract them.  Sounds like It's becoming increasingly common when there's a large grouping of ships to just drive a sloop or other small ship into the center and leave it unanchored so that the cyclones will hit them and they take damage.

Thankfully, it looks like unanchored dinghy's don't attract, or people would just go hog wild.

They don't do much dmg.  If you have 1 crew they should be able to repair it easily.   Honestly something has to take out the boatloads of inactive ships crowding the shoreline

HEY DEVS:  Every time is rains it doesn't also have to be a typhoon.  Just sayin'

25 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

They don't do much dmg.  If you have 1 crew they should be able to repair it easily.   Honestly something has to take out the boatloads of inactive ships crowding the shoreline

1 cyclone does about 300 damage to my brig. That is every plank. Not unusual to be hit by 2-3 cyclones when someone sails by my base during rain. Yes it isn’t much overall but I put 1k of each material in resource box everyday just to maintain it while I am not in game.

Cyclones should be their own event, independant of a presence of ships. tehy should scoot across the map in a cluster and you should abe able to avoid THAT like you avoid ships of the damned in the distance.

i wasn't griefed. I play in a 6x6 unofficial, the population is quite large, but i only see a ship stop by my island maybe once every few days.Either way in a community griefing doesn't even exist.

My company thinks that now that the waves get huge its possible my ship maybe have been constantly slammed against the shore and taken damage that way, adding the cyclone damage and it just probably drained all my repair resources. My boat had been parked for 10+hrs.

21 hours ago, Shintai said:

oh sweet summer child....