Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

Atlas Devs Lied to Ark Community about 50k going to modders to make game great!

I meant 50Ok going to modders to make game great!

I remember when the buzz came out of no where about this new game from the devs of Ark. I was deep into a server with so much going on with tames and building on my own server that i ran because Ark had a awesome modding community. We had Eco, Structures plus, castles and keeps, and many Dino mods. I wasn't even looking to play another game atm...

Then grapeshot not only said we are coming out with a pirate them Arkish game and we will be giving out 500k dollars to modder's to help build this game.

I WAS LIKE "HOT DAMN!!!" 

The dreams of so many different types of buildings to make like castles and keeps and omfg eco she has to be in on Atlas I mean come on here shit is hot on the ark mod list.

The tough of all kinds of fish tanks and crazy style light and future!!! and with so many creatures in arks system from the base game I mean come on man we was heading to a stroke of pure genius for  new game....

WE WERE LIED TO!!!

This shit has what 50 crummy animals with only 2 A.I scripts running.. yeah don't think I didn't notice that off the bat. Gator, snake, lion, spider, scorpion and wolf all work together on the same A.I different skin! That's trash lazy codeing.

The building oh don't get me started there. Im a avid builder but you cant even find a god damn place to build! Even when you do the option are at best EA ark HAVING WE GOT PAST THAT??? Your telling me all the years Ark has been out and you guys can only come out with thatch, wood, stone.... NO METAL!!! That's even one less tier than Ark

So when players who left Ark to come here are bent and pissy its because we were lied to god damn it and I don't want my money back I want to break something!

BTW I HATE PIRATES AND I FEEL LIKE THE DEVS PIRATED US! 

Edited by Scorpionshawn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I agree about the mods. I thought there was going to be a lot more to do. I know it is EA but if they would even get the mods in..... Not to mention as it stands, running your own server in order to get the mods when they do come out is a joke. I can pay $13 a month for an ark server and have a tone of fun and the whole map and use whatever mods I want. For $13 a month on Atlas I get one square and level 8. Just not even a possibility. 

Uh, they hired the Ragnarok Dev for the map, and the S+ dev for the building system though. Even if they didn't spend that much, I say that's a step in the right direction.

How do they expect modding and modded content to save Atlas (like it saved Ark) without single player mode to quickly test out mods.

Do private server owners need to rent/run second test servers to test out mods? What about players, do they need to rent/run a test server to test mods and make suggestions to their communities?

Edited by Lynx
Typo

7 minutes ago, Dragonchampion said:

Uh, they hired the Ragnarok Dev for the map, and the S+ dev for the building system though. Even if they didn't spend that much, I say that's a step in the right direction.

Ragnarrok was map rofl can they not make there own maps also we were told that alot of the maps in Atlas we would notice were from Ark and I was ok with that. What Im not ok with is the lack of content this far into wild cards exp are game devs. Its like that took a step back wards.

I'm just in the process of trying to set this up...

It's a server on your own PC that dynamically loads the full 15x15 map as you play.  Usage overheads are reportedly quite low.   If I can do it right (I think I have port forwarding issues) I'll bid goodbye to Official servers forever.  I'm going to watch the instructional videos when I get home.

2 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Ragnarrok was map rofl can they not make there own maps also we were told that alot of the maps in Atlas we would notice were from Ark and I was ok with that. What Im not ok with is the lack of content this far into wild cards exp are game devs. Its like that took a step back wards.

Yes ragnarok was a map! Well done! it was also made by the ragnarok dev who made the map. Which is why atlas hired him to make the map. What dont you understand?

1 minute ago, Adamseditz said:

Yes ragnarok was a map! Well done! it was also made by the ragnarok dev who made the map. Which is why atlas hired him to make the map. What dont you understand?

I DONT CARE ABOUT THE MAP BRO!

content content content!!! Where is Ecos mods!!! if you go on the modding from her stuff is at the top of the list these devs are full of shit and rag was already on the god damn pay role!

4 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I DONT CARE ABOUT THE MAP BRO!

content content content!!! Where is Ecos mods!!! if you go on the modding from her stuff is at the top of the list these devs are full of shit and rag was already on the god damn pay role!

Dude the dev kit has only been out a little while. Patience ffs. Modders do have a life you know. I too am a modder and you have no idea how long mods take to make cook and upload. Instead of shouting around like a little child how about have a little patience and wait!

9 minutes ago, Coggage said:

It's a server on your own PC that dynamically loads the full 15x15 map as you play.  Usage overheads are reportedly quite low.   If I can do it right (I think I have port forwarding issues) I'll bid goodbye to Official servers forever.  I'm going to watch the instructional videos when I get home.

I trying setting up a solo server, before this program was developed. Sadly, port forwarding isn't possible my mobile isp. Game need LAN server support.

The dev kit has been out for about...

*looks at watch*

..fifteen minutes now.  What say before we post long winded screeds about lies from the devs we give oh I don’t know, say another 20 minutes for them to disburse the funds they promised for modders? Oh hey btw, you know what I didn’t notice in all that hyperventilating? Any reference to the source where the devs said “ We’ll not only give 500k smackers for modders, we’ll hand it out like candy the moment the dev kit is announced.”

Because surely if you’re accusing the devs of lying about this, they not only said they would give the money, but provided an ironclad time frame that was super specific about when they would do so that they’ve now let pass. I mean I’m assuming that must be the case because otherwise you’d look pretty foolish posting this so soon after the dev kit was released.

8 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

The dev kit has been out for about...

*looks at watch*

..fifteen minutes now.  What say before we post long winded screeds about lies from the devs we give oh I don’t know, say another 20 minutes for them to disburse the funds they promised for modders? Oh hey btw, you know what I didn’t notice in all that hyperventilating? Any reference to the source where the devs said “ We’ll not only give 500k smackers for modders, we’ll hand it out like candy the moment the dev kit is announced.”

Because surely if you’re accusing the devs of lying about this, they not only said they would give the money, but provided an ironclad time frame that was super specific about when they would do so that they’ve now let pass. I mean I’m assuming that must be the case because otherwise you’d look pretty foolish posting this so soon after the dev kit was released.

dev kit has been out longer then 15 minutes lmao

Just now, Adamseditz said:

oh i get sarcasm but wasnt really sarcasm

Yes. Yes it was. It was pretty obviously sarcasm, you just didn’t get it.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yes. Yes it was. It was pretty obviously sarcasm, you just didn’t get it.

no no no no no no no it wasn't it was just an idiotic reply. but im bored of you. time to go back to real life

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adamseditz said:

no no no no no no no it wasn't it was just an idiotic reply. but im bored of you. time to go back to real life

The entire post had a sarcastic tone to it that you completely missed. You know what’s idiotic? Reading an entire post with a clearly sarcastic tone to it and then trying to tell the person who wrote it that it wasn’t written that way. No wonder you’re bored, you’ve got nothing to offer but insults for people who’s humor you don’t get in the slightest because you’re clearly too dense to grasp it. 

I thought this scorpion dude was a grown man. If your rage posting in the forums everyday maybe you should just cut your losses and move on. You keep saying they doing the same thing they did with ark but yet you bought the fame at launch.. To be honest ive got my moneys worth and enjoy playing atlas. You on the other hand apparently dont but still stick around whining daily in the forums.

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

The entire post had a sarcastic tone to it that you completely missed. You know what’s idiotic? Reading an entire post with a clearly sarcastic tone to it and then trying to tell the person who wrote it that it wasn’t written that way. No wonder you’re bored, you’ve got nothing to offer but insults for people who’s humor you don’t get in the slightest because you’re clearly too dense to grasp it. 

im not here to throw insults and i havm't thrown any insults so who's too dense now. lol you. Can tell i've hit a nerve which is hilarious considering what this post is about. Shame. have a nice day little man

Just now, Adamseditz said:

im not here to throw insults and i havm't thrown any insults so who's too dense now. lol you. Can tell i've hit a nerve which is hilarious considering what this post is about. Shame. have a nice day little man

“Idiotic reply” is an insult. So dense you can’t even clearly understand your own writing. Oh and I suppose if I called you little man, you wouldn’t take that as an insult either? You didn’t hit any kind of nerve, you’re just pulling the usual crap of trying to talk down to people you don’t understand and getting called on it. 

• Like 1

I like the base building. I can make anything everywhere. Just be smart about it. You can make enormous bases. I like the fact ceilings align with foundations and that pillars don’t go through. I’ll probably make a huge mansion this weekend, or a porthouse. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I like the base building. I can make anything everywhere. Just be smart about it. You can make enormous bases. I like the fact ceilings align with foundations and that pillars don’t go through. I’ll probably make a huge mansion this weekend, or a porthouse. 

Yeah i like the fact pillars don't go through the ceilings too.

What I don't like so far is the fact that you can put a cliff platform on a cliff..... yay.... but when placing a building on it the walls don't clip into the cliff.... no yay.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yeah i like the fact pillars don't go through the ceilings too.

What I don't like so far is the fact that you can put a cliff platform on a cliff..... yay.... but when placing a building on it the walls don't clip into the cliff.... no yay.

You can place it on the very top of a cliff, I know this doesn't solve your problem but it lets you use the cliff platform if you don't mind ladders/elevators.  I'm a huge fan of the S+ like building system, and agree it would be about a thousand times better to allow at least some no clip(fence foundations/cliff platform structures...etc).