Sign in to follow this  
KORBATRON

Whole Company Banned

3 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Wait... hold on.

1. he's an irl friend.
2. he wrote a sign with racist comments.
3. you got banned for this sign.

Ok, I see clearly now.  If he's an irl friend then I have little doubt that you knew he was a racist.  Racist that are willing to publicly profess this fact don't keep that sort of things from 'friends.'  I'm guessing that you thought that you'd never get banned for anything this racist 'friend' did. Apparently that was incorrect thinking.  And since this person is a friend then I'm guessing you at least tolerated his beliefs if not shared them. 

May I suggest a better class of 'friends.'

hes not racist just a dick who thought that was funny but tell me what i believe in some more

1 minute ago, KORBATRON said:

Yes i would have and yes we did me and a buddy got a ban for no reason were all talking right now. And how do u know what i did please explain they haven't got back to me yet. i came here to point out to ppl they can be banned for something someone in their crew writes

You understand the point of a "?" (Question Mark)

You were asked several questions, so that would imply that I did not know and was asking for you to clarify!

Tbh this is disgusting, I can't believe the people here endorsing group punishment of this type. Unban the guy! Wtf is wrong with you guys? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KORBATRON said:

hes not racist just a dick who thought that was funny but tell me what i believe in some more

He's not a racist but a dick who believes racism is funny...  Ok, got the picture.  My assessment stands: find a better class of 'friends.'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KORBATRON said:

This isn't in-siding i'm not allowed to play ever again i didn't lose mats and a few ships i can work to get back. If you cant see how this is different then idk man.

it was 3 of us...

how is a personal ban not a thing this likely happened when i wasn't even logged in

Look into an appeal.  One guy who got banned and posted here did just that and was reminded of a history of the behavior that got him banned.  Perhaps an appeal, if the logs show you to be innocent will get your ban reversed?

2 minutes ago, prodesu said:

Tbh this is disgusting, I can't believe the people here endorsing group punishment of this type. Unban the guy! Wtf is wrong with you guys? 

What is a company inside of this game???

Could a reasonable person consider a company to be a TEAM???

Have you ever heard of Teams being stripped of titles for members of said team cheating???

Have you ever heard of Teams being forfeit for the actions of individual members of the team???

Did you ever participate in any Team based sports in your life???  

And did you ever stomp and complain that those teams were treated unfairly!!!

Ban an entire company for a sign in a game because it's deemed racist....yet one of the largest clans in the game live streams cheating openly to the public, attacks the physical server through ddos, and at least 50% of it's playerbase cheats and you won't even put them on their own server....These devs are special. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gumpnstein said:

Ban an entire company for a sign in a game because it's deemed racist....yet one of the largest clans in the game live streams cheating openly to the public, attacks the physical server through ddos, and at least 50% of it's playerbase cheats and you won't even put them on their own server....These devs are special. 

On this we can all agree (However for the exact reason's you list I am very skeptical about there innocence in this matter)

29 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Because SOME Chinese are using hacks and exploits there have been hundreds of complaints. I have seen demands that bannings take place, that region blocking take place and that Asia be given it's own server so that they're removed from the EU & NA servers.

Fact, not ALL Chinese participate in hacks/exploits. Fact, many of those accused may not even be Chinese.  Simply because the company/character name is a bunch of blocks does not mean that language is Chinese. It could easily be Japanese or Korean. 

But, because SOME Chinese are guilty of hacking the public sentiment is to punish or block ALL Chinese, and therefore, are guilty by association.

While you may have been taught there's no justification for group punishment, these forums clearly say the rest of the world disagrees.

Your fact #2 is definitely true.  There is a video posted in one of the threads showing a group sinking rafts via the overweight hack.  They all had British accents.

5 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

SOME Chinese are using hacks.
MOST people using hacks are from Asia. 
not ALL Chinese participate in hacks/exploits
MOST people participating in hacks/exploits are ....shhh...(from Asia, yes Russia is is Asia as well).
Because SOME Asians make up the vast majority of cheaters, we should give them their own server.
This is NOT a punishment, its actually in the best interest of ALL players.
If you view having to play with/being asked to play with better ping and text that doesn't look like blocks, sure lets punish the hell out of them.

What is it now? 1.4 BILLION Chinese. It only stands to reason that if this game is open to Chinese then yes, the larger percentage of the total server population using hacks and exploits would be Chinese.  This does not necessarily mean that a large percentage of Chinese use hacks/exploits.  It only means there are more Chinese using hacks/exploits only because there are more Chinese playing the game.

While I do agree that if you're going to open the game to Asia that there should be a server located in Asia for them to play on, what I was pointing out is that a lot of people are demanding that the entire country be region blocked, thus denying the game to even those who have never cheated in their life, thus banning them as being 'guilty by association' simply because they are Chinese.

Even if an Asian server is created, there's no guarantee the Asians would move to it and lose everything they have on the current servers.  In fact, it's more probable that the Asian server would be overrun by the NA and EU players that can't get anything accomplished on their "local" servers.

Just now, Hambo said:

Even if an Asian server is created, there's no guarantee the Asians would move to it and lose everything they have on the current servers.  In fact, it's more probable that the Asian server would be overrun by the NA and EU players that can't get anything accomplished on their "local" servers.

Hence the region lock portion of the post...

wow so black butterfly is still playing but some random says something racist and the banhammer falls real good adminstration grapeshot

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You can’t only region lock China, that’s ‘racism’. Won’t go through. 

No, its not. I am a big fan of the English language and the proper definition of words.

Besides, China is a country, not a race. It would be more akin to a sanction if anything.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

No, its not. I am a big fan of the English language and the proper definition of words.

Besides, China is a country, not a race. It would be more akin to a sanction if anything.

Right. Still you will never get it through with that. Need something better. 

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

What is it now? 1.4 BILLION Chinese. It only stands to reason that if this game is open to Chinese then yes, the larger percentage of the total server population using hacks and exploits would be Chinese.  This does not necessarily mean that a large percentage of Chinese use hacks/exploits.  It only means there are more Chinese using hacks/exploits only because there are more Chinese playing the game.

While I do agree that if you're going to open the game to Asia that there should be a server located in Asia for them to play on, what I was pointing out is that a lot of people are demanding that the entire country be region blocked, thus denying the game to even those who have never cheated in their life, thus banning them as being 'guilty by association' simply because they are Chinese.

While I did not say the majority of Chinese people were hackers, I will question weather you statement is correct. With no research done on the numbers, it stands to reason a larger percentage of easterners overall embrace cheating over westerners. 

And obviously, region lock that shit. For one, who cares, its a different market than ours, and a different country. Not everything available in one country is available in all others. Id prefer not to cherry pick gaming and its harmonious industry to as the one to side step those precedents at all cost. For another Id never recommend to hamper sales by not providing a version of the game to that market, just keep it separate. Again, not racist, but they type in blocks due to the game restriction, we cant even communicate properly. And it WOULD remove most of the cheaters.

Just now, Percieval said:

OFC there is also this...

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/14/report-china-ban-video-games/

They reserve the right to ban your game and remake a chinese version to sell for to keep all profits in CHINA! Becuase as we all know....CHINA#1!

3 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

With no research done on the numbers, it stands to reason a larger percentage of easterners overall embrace cheating over westerners. 

If you're not going to do the research then how can you tell me that it's a reasonable assumption?  If you're going to convince me, use facts, not your opinion or hearsay.

3 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

For one, who cares, its a different market than ours, and a different country. Not everything available in one country is available in all others.

And it WOULD remove most of the cheaters.

Ok, well, Britain is a different market so let's lock them out. Besides, their cooking is lousy (Steak and kidney pie? Gross!). And we know the Germans are very different... I mean they drink beer and, omg, eat processed pork (Wurstsalat?!?!).  So let's lock them out. And since we're blocking Germans for drinking beer and eating pigs, let's block the French because they drink wine and make strange food (Crêpes Grand Mariner???).   And those damned Aussies and Kiwi's, they're not even in the same hemisphere as everyone else so let's lock their upside down butts out (Besides, they probably cook marsupials).  Oh and the Canadians.  Let's slam the door on them too because they're WAY different... right?  I mean my god, when a microphone died during a US/Can hockey match they all stood up and finished singing the American national anthem (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHSaHRd4Q48).  Blasted traitors.  Block them!  And the Americans.  The whole planet knows they're self-righteous assholes, right?  Just block them and we'll have a much friendlier server. As a matter of fact, to make sure I have the PERFECT gaming experience, block everyone but me!

Ya know what.  The sooner people come to realize that we are all living on 1 planet... not 7 continents, not 195 countries, not states, not counties, not provinces, not towns but ONE PLANET... the sooner we can stop worrying about the politicians blowing our asses to hell. Whether it's the Chinese specifically hacking/exploiting, I have no proof.  Am I pissed that it's happening? Oh yes. Have I heard of other nationalities cheating? Yep.  Do I support an Oceanic server? Yes, but because of pings times, not politics.  Blanket blocking an entire country for the actions of some is what a politician would do. I like to think myself better than any politician and support what WC is doing. Specific, targeted bans.

And I'm going to assume, though I too have no poof, that the OP got banned after due consideration by WC and it wasn't a case of blanket banning an entire corp for the actions of one.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

5 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

What is a company inside of this game???

Could a reasonable person consider a company to be a TEAM???

Have you ever heard of Teams being stripped of titles for members of said team cheating???

Have you ever heard of Teams being forfeit for the actions of individual members of the team???

Did you ever participate in any Team based sports in your life???  

And did you ever stomp and complain that those teams were treated unfairly!!

Excuse me if I don't equate atlas with Olympic professional teams, and even if I did the group punishment here is WAY over the top. I've never heard of a team being banned from ever playing again because one of their players was a dick. 

6 hours ago, Percieval said:

Isn't GS owned by a Chinese company?  I thought I read that somewhere...

8 hours ago, KORBATRON said:

Ya for who actually did it not for a whole company

sorry with only 3 of you in the company , u were just as much a part of what was going on , at anytime did u not say hold on guys this behavior is not good , a bit too extreme , time to stop being assholes in game and play like respecful human beings?

NO u didnt u enjoyed being an asshole with the other 2 members and now are whining like the little spoiled child u really are ,,,

GOOD RIDDANCE TO PLAYERS LIKE YOU .

2 hours ago, prodesu said:

Excuse me if I don't equate atlas with Olympic professional teams, and even if I did the group punishment here is WAY over the top. I've never heard of a team being banned from ever playing again because one of their players was a dick. 

1 of their players was part of a 3, count it 3 man team dont try to defend that , a 100 man company ok but if there are only 3 then he was part of the asshattery behavior going on , 

7 hours ago, strawman said:

wow so black butterfly is still playing but some random says something racist and the banhammer falls real good adminstration grapeshot

without knowing all the facts dont defend the OP we are only getting his  side of the story , which like all people eventually caught for their behavior is always one sided  

8 hours ago, KORBATRON said:

and yet u didnt think to erase the sign and tell him he is being a racist dick ??