Sign in to follow this  
KORBATRON

Whole Company Banned

Why would a whole company be banned for one person writing a sign? If i make an account and join a large crew and spam racist signs i can get all those players banned for no reason how is this fair? Can't racist/offensive signs lead to not being able to write in game anymore over not being able to play. To just get a perm ban with no warming for being in a tribe seems harsh. Why is there no profanity filter in place? Handing out a perm ban for writing something that the game is letting you say, no matter what it is, just seems unfair even more so to ban a WHOLE company for it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Well if I were in a company and someone did that I would no longer be in that company.  Guilty by association I guess.  Can it be exploited to get people banned?  Yes, if you're willing to get banned for it too.

• Like 3

There was no chance to leave i came online and was globally banned and found out why after the fact it's an irl friend and he told me about it.

Yet another reason I'll never join a company, along with some members using cheats, hacks and destroying the stuff everyone has worked for from inside the company.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Yet another reason I'll never join a company, along with some members using cheats, hacks and destroying the stuff everyone has worked for from inside the company.

Oh just wait, there will be an elitist comment soon about how this game was never meant for solos.

10 minutes ago, KORBATRON said:

There was no chance to leave i came online and was globally banned and found out why after the fact it's an irl friend and he told me about it.

First, my opinion is, this is good news. It means either the WC team is starting to enforce their rules of conduct or that BattleEye is up and working.  Because BE normally only bans cheats and hacks, it's likely this ban came from WC themselves.  In your specific case, you are guilty by association.  Depending on how long you were in that company it may be difficult to believe that you had no idea the member was a racist and that you don't condone that fact. 

In the US the first amendment gives you the right to free speech and it's true, you can say whatever you like, whenever you like.  That does not mean that you won't face the consequences of doing so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Oh just wait, there will be an elitist comment soon about how this game was never meant for solos.

Yep, it's inevitable with the "play my way or the highway" crowd.  😄

• Like 1

Well on the other hand you can steal the admin's steam account password and start spawning planes and stuff and without your whole company getting banned. That guy in your company should've done this instead. Twice.

• Haha 5

Do you expect them to spend an hour investigating each case? 

They see what they see, do what they do, next case. Complaining here wont do anything (unfortunately). As they'd say, be careful with who you recruit. 

• Like 3

Oh well thats the price you pay for joining a big company pal!

Easy fix!!! Is small company only and if there is 10 people its not hard to get to know the group your hanging with.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KORBATRON said:

make an account and join a large crew and spam racist signs i can get all those players banned for no reason how is this fair?

That's called insiding. And it's an established strategy.

1 minute ago, Lynx said:

That's called insiding. And it's an established strategy.

This isn't in-siding i'm not allowed to play ever again i didn't lose mats and a few ships i can work to get back. If you cant see how this is different then idk man.

7 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Oh well thats the price you pay for joining a big company pal!

Easy fix!!! Is small company only and if there is 10 people its not hard to get to know the group your hanging with.

it was 3 of us...

19 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Do you expect them to spend an hour investigating each case? 

They see what they see, do what they do, next case. Complaining here wont do anything (unfortunately). As they'd say, be careful with who you recruit. 

how is a personal ban not a thing this likely happened when i wasn't even logged in

3 minutes ago, KORBATRON said:

This isn't in-siding i'm not allowed to play ever again i didn't lose mats and a few ships i can work to get back. If you cant see how this is different then idk man.

The OP asked about people joining tribes/companies with the intention of getting them banned. This is insiding. There is more to insiding than just this one part.

This seems like a strong action if your telling the whole story.  Somehow I doubt  it though.  Whatever though just make new steam accounts and start over.  It's still early access.

Well im telling you the whole story im a reasonable person if i felt i deserved this i wouldn't of even made an account or post i just think its crazy one person can get a whole crew banned for writing something the game doesn't even censor. Its not like the game has a profanity filter and he got clever with symbols its straight up allowed to be typed and yet i can never play again with no warning for something i didn't do

3 minutes ago, KORBATRON said:

yet i can never play again

There is always unofficial servers. If they don't use the official banned list.

Submit a ticket. That's all you can really do.

2 hours ago, KORBATRON said:

Why would a whole company be banned for one person writing a sign? If i make an account and join a large crew and spam racist signs i can get all those players banned for no reason how is this fair? Can't racist/offensive signs lead to not being able to write in game anymore over not being able to play. To just get a perm ban with no warming for being in a tribe seems harsh. Why is there no profanity filter in place? Handing out a perm ban for writing something that the game is letting you say, no matter what it is, just seems unfair even more so to ban a WHOLE company for it.

Its about time!  Ban's have been long over due....

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

Its about time!  Ban's have been long over due....

Ya for who actually did it not for a whole company

A company doesn’t get deleted because of 1 faulty person. If there are multiple cases in 1 company, that will result in company delete. 

Edited by Percieval

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

First, my opinion is, this is good news. It means either the WC team is starting to enforce their rules of conduct or that BattleEye is up and working.  Because BE normally only bans cheats and hacks, it's likely this ban came from WC themselves.  In your specific case, you are guilty by association.  Depending on how long you were in that company it may be difficult to believe that you had no idea the member was a racist and that you don't condone that fact. 

In the US the first amendment gives you the right to free speech and it's true, you can say whatever you like, whenever you like.  That does not mean that you won't face the consequences of doing so.

How can this be justified by "guilty by association" 
Where I´m from and how our parents raise us and soceity by all means, there is no justification for group punishments. Now i do not know where you are from but to me its straight fucked up.

Edited by pygmy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

A company doesn’t get deleted because of 1 faulty person. If there are multiple cases in 1 company, that will result in company delete. 

Well it happened soooo we were a 3 man idk if that made it worse for me

Edited by KORBATRON

1 minute ago, pygmy said:

How can this be justified by "guilty by association" 
Where I´m from and how our parents raise us and soceity by all means, there is no justification for group punishments. Now i do not know where you are from but to me its straight fucked up.

This is exactly how Ark was managed or mis-managed. Whole tribes were either dev wiped or banned.

Atlas needs better game mechanics. Otherwise leaving it in the hands of the players just turns it into Lord of the Flys.

4 minutes ago, KORBATRON said:

Ya for who actually did it not for a whole company

Take some responsibility for your actions, your the one who decided to associate with thugs!  Your the one who decided to continue to play inside of a company filled with hateful individuals, you could have left the company at any point once you discovered the character of those you were associating with.  But you didn't so you made your bed now its time for you to lay in it....

• Thanks 1

Did he say something in chat or type a message on a wooden sign or leave a message on a claim flag or paint a message on a sail? 

Just now, Sulfurblade said:

Take some responsibility for your actions, your the one who decided to associate with thugs!  Your the one who decided to continue to play inside of a company filled with hateful individuals, you could have left the company at any point once you discovered the character of those you were associating with.  But you didn't so you made your bed now its time for you to lay in it....

first off i was out of state. second its not like all he said was racist remarks im supposed to know what he wants to write on a sign. third i built all the ships 2 brigs and a gally and im supposed to leave that behind because i might get banned for someone else writing something come on man

2 minutes ago, TheSzerdi said:

Did he say something in chat or type a message on a wooden sign or leave a message on a claim flag or paint a message on a sail? 

a sign

3 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

thugs       individuals

its one person who did this randomly its not the klan im playing with dude