hewij4

Mixed PVP/PVE Servers

Hey,

I know a lot of people who would like to play on the PVP server but without being in a large company the potential for losing everything constantly pushes us to the PVE servers.  I think it would be a great idea to have a mixed server so you get the best of both worlds.  My idea is to have it so Lawless servers are just that Lawless - PVP heavy and considering the islands are heavy in resources they would be worth fighting over.  the other aspect is allowing Company war to enable alliance PVP between them. 

This way if a company steals your land or you want theirs you can declare war and fight for it.  there is obviously some speculations like the other company has a specific timeframe to accept/refuse war or it's automatic if they dispute their claims for a set timeframe. this allows the Bounty system to be used as well.  

• Like 2

This exists, in some ways, on a lot of unofficial servers.  It would be cool to have a large official set up this way too!  I would try it out.

• Like 1

This as official server really would be my dream.

It is the concept of EVE ONLINE and EMPYRION, you build your ships and bases in PVE, the rare stuff is only available in PVP zones, so that you must sail out into danger sooner or later.

If you lose your ships you still have reserves. In ATLAS you are reset to freeport tree puncher.

Edited by Talono

Conan Exiles has a brilliant mode called Chaos. 

It's brilliant, really. 

You cannot destroy eachothers bases so there's no such thing as 100% wiping out anyone. You cannot kill them during certain hours, but on other hours yep you  can kill whoever you see out. It's an extremely excellent view of what Atlas can accomplish. Problem is, everyone will leave current PVP/PVE servers in a heartbeat. 

4 hours ago, hewij4 said:

Hey,

I know a lot of people who would like to play on the PVP server but without being in a large company the potential for losing everything constantly pushes us to the PVE servers.  I think it would be a great idea to have a mixed server so you get the best of both worlds.  My idea is to have it so Lawless servers are just that Lawless - PVP heavy and considering the islands are heavy in resources they would be worth fighting over.  the other aspect is allowing Company war to enable alliance PVP between them. 

This way if a company steals your land or you want theirs you can declare war and fight for it.  there is obviously some speculations like the other company has a specific timeframe to accept/refuse war or it's automatic if they dispute their claims for a set timeframe. this allows the Bounty system to be used as well.  

+1

1 hour ago, Dexter said:

... problem is, everyone will leave current PVP/PVE servers in a heartbeat. 

I would 🙂

Everyone would... i am very sure that a lot of players who are on PVE now would give it a try. Many of them left to PVE not because they are cowards or hate PVP... but just do not want to build weeks and weeks... just to become steamrolled and lolstomped by some ADS 24/7 trolls.

Such a PVP/PVE hybrid server would not have less but more interesting PVP battles. Do i through your treasure over board to make the ship faster and escape ? Or do i risk everything and fight ?

Really many fights of big ships on even terms. Not like now : mastercraft galleon versus naked wooden spearman.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 2