Sign in to follow this  
UDO

please increase the SOTD render range

having them pop into view so close doesnt leave a lot of time to react and plan a route around them , we need to see them earlier to plan a safer way around / through or in some cases to fight them 

please deva make this QOL  change asap 

• Like 2

I wouldnt mind having the option to have more render distance in general. An increased in hogh elevations (mountains, crow’s nest)

Edited by Bad News Bear
  • Like 1

im asking for this as in a 25 min sea trip between outpoats i have seen a minimum of 25 + SOTD all in clumps of 4- 8 they render in almost on top of you 

Being able to see the sotd farther out would be a nice feature, unless some of the navigation "skills" provide that?

Are you kidding? If you could see the SotD further out, on some servers you'd be so lagged you couldn't move. (*note the sarcasm*)

Maybe SoTD are more aggressive by you guys.  I rarely have to turn to avoid them.  Their aggro range is so damn small and they are so slow that my ships easily get away......unless we're bored/leveling ships.  However, if increasing the render range on SoTD would not tax the servers much I wouldn't be against it.

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Maybe SoTD are more aggressive by you guys.  I rarely have to turn to avoid them.  Their aggro range is so damn small and they are so slow that my ships easily get away......unless we're bored/leveling ships.  However, if increasing the render range on SoTD would not tax the servers much I wouldn't be against it.

It's less that they are more aggressive, more that in some areas they are packed so tightly together they are a pain to navigate around and you end up aggroing them more often.  Spent a little time sailing yesterday and saw a minimum of 50 in just 2 regions only sailing between the closest islands.  There are legit walls of these things now in some areas that are really hard to avoid so I can see why people are having issues.  

18 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

It's less that they are more aggressive, more that in some areas they are packed so tightly together they are a pain to navigate around and you end up aggroing them more often.  Spent a little time sailing yesterday and saw a minimum of 50 in just 2 regions only sailing between the closest islands.  There are legit walls of these things now in some areas that are really hard to avoid so I can see why people are having issues.  

Well at least this sort of thing doesn’t discourage exploration in an exploration game.

*eyeroll*

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Maybe SoTD are more aggressive by you guys.  I rarely have to turn to avoid them.  Their aggro range is so damn small and they are so slow that my ships easily get away...

It's more of a problem if you have a fast ship in a busy area; I was full sail with strong wind behind me this morning, in sight of a large player base, and one of them popped near on top of me. If I hadn't been sharp on the turn of have hit it, it was that close.

I think the spawn rate is up too. Last week I'd see one or two in a grid, now I see multiple clusters of 3+ per grid.

Edited by Razorwire
Clarity