Sign in to follow this  
Rino4578

PVE ships blocking ports

So. Griefers gonna Grief. Now that there is no way to ‘remove’ other players ships in PVE, I’m seeing more and more people using ships to block other people’s docks/ports etc. so that they are unable to use their ships. 

My solution would be to make something craftable (special bouy maybe) that would designate a small area of your territory as an area where non-alliance ships can’t anchor. Maybe limit the number you can have in a claim flag. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rino4578 said:

So. Griefers gonna Grief. Now that there is no way to ‘remove’ other players ships in PVE, I’m seeing more and more people using ships to block other people’s docks/ports etc. so that they are unable to use their ships. 

My solution would be to make something craftable (special bouy maybe) that would designate a small area of your territory as an area where non-alliance ships can’t anchor. Maybe limit the number you can have in a claim flag. 

One trouble with this, though, is it's already really hard for the "little guy" to get to shore as it is.

When first starting out, getting a raft anywhere near shore, especially in lawless, was hell.  Particularly as the raft is a perfect fit to get stuck in dry docks.

I'd agree a solution would be good.  Just keep in mind access to the shore of some kind is important for new players too.

Personally I'd love to see the dry docks pushed out to deeper waters so they don't take so much shoreline away.

3 minutes ago, Rino4578 said:

The problem I see there is turning the device on and off.  I have traders and treasure hunters come visit my claim.  With such a device I could completely prevent them from anchoring (I have a very deep and narrow cove), which is not something I necessarily want to do.

What about making every ‘enemy ship’ ghosted in your own claims? Like passive mode in GTA, you can just go through people. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

What about making every ‘enemy ship’ ghosted in your own claims? 

Good idea! But then any crew(npc/players) + tamed animals should be ghosted too for you in that claim region. So you can't bug them from their ships by driving through their ships.

Edited by Xenara

14 minutes ago, Xenara said:

Good idea! But then any crew(npc/players) + tamed animals should be ghosted too for you in that claim region. So you can't bug them from their ships by driving through their ships.

Ye everything on your ship gets ghosted

We had a person blocking us, he even send us screenshot while trash talking to no end. He have plagued us for 3 weeks now.

https://prnt.sc/maly8r

We then encircled the habour as defence, today an admin helped him despite he griefed us.

Another issue with unintentional griefing tho is all the anchored ships that isn't decaying.

Edited by Shintai

Yep. Not for sure what the fix is, all I know is some people (for lack of anything better to do with their life) will do everything they can to ruin someone else’s experience. Unfortunately any fix will have consequences in some way. 

22 minutes ago, Rino4578 said:

Yep. Not for sure what the fix is, all I know is some people (for lack of anything better to do with their life) will do everything they can to ruin someone else’s experience. Unfortunately any fix will have consequences in some way. 

Fixes can be made, but the Devs seem to have better things to do.

Pillars being used to sink ships.  Ban the people who do this.  If they want to play PvP, they should go PvP.
People who go out of their way to block access...Admin destroy the ships they use to do this.  They will stop when this is the action that is taken against them.
People go out of their way to grief in some way...if there is proof, give them a warning, then if it continues, allow the other players to PvP them into non-existence.  ARK had a declare war function, at least on unofficial servers, where if war is declared and accepted, the PvP is turned on for those two tribes.  Could use similar code to wreck people who simply grief others.  PvE should not be about griefing, or using weaknesses in the game code to conduct forms of PvP on others.  The Devs could handle this.  Take action against one person, and let the community see you do it, and the rest will stop.  They do it because they know the devs are lazy in this way.

What can you do?  Demand a refund.  Until gamers hold the Devs accountable, they won't do what has to be done.  Until they do what has to be done, the griefers won't stop.  Simple as that.  You have to start voting with your wallets, and your feet.  Money is the most motivating factor there is when it comes to things like this.  It's the only power you have.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow
  • Like 2

I have an idea that could work, but not with the current floating method they are using to prevent weight griefing. I would propose to make any section of ocean that is shallow enough to anchor in a no collision zone. It would obviously need to be considered carefully, and restrictions put in place but it would solve some issues. Maybe have it so that any ship that initiates the "collision" takes free-port levels of decay. As in whoever collides with a stationary ship takes decay damage if they anchor.

This would allow for temporary (a few hours) landing at a shore even if its completely surrounded by boats. Like i mentioned initially, this couldn't work with the floating measures they have in place (which i hope are temporary measures until they can do something else), but i feel it could work as the playerbase continues to grow. Thoughts?