Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Freeport ship decay rates

Back to the point, ships are just as susceptible to the accelerated decay timer in PvE as they are in PvP. I don't agree that ships should be protected from PvP in Freeports because people would attack someone then run to a Freeport. That's dumb.

We're not talking about protection. We're not talking about PvP. We're talking about delaying the accelerated decay timer on ships. Even if you got in as fast as possible, anchored near town, did your business as fast as possible, and then sailed out as fast as possible, you're looking at roughly 1,000 damage to your ship's hull planks by the time you're out of the Freeport zone.

Not everybody carries 1k of each resource to repair this kind of damage on ALL planks, much less have the resources to continue doing so when you leave the Freeport Region and get stuck in a rainstorm, fog, and ghost ships at the same time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sovereign Snow said:

get stuck in a rainstorm, fog, and ghost ships at the same time

Do you realy find ghost ship (not general sotd)? -)

53 minutes ago, Redrick said:

You can try PvE if you wanna your ship be safe.

It's not about wanting a ship to be safe, it's about sailing more than a few squares from home base not being a sure suicide mission and being able to use a ship as mobile base. I wonder how people do not understand that it's really important for a sailing game with such a huge world.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Eversalt said:

Is this a official only thing? Cause I left my schooner parked on the shore nearby. It's in an unofficial server. I didnt have time to sail back before going to bed, so logged off on my anchored boat.

I'm stuck at work thinking I just fucked myself.

My first Schooner was destroyed when I released it, shallow water.... My second took just as long to make as the first one, I play solo, and didn't sink upon releasing. I took all my gold, travelled to freeport, but than had to log off and sleep. I woke up and it was gone... I forced myself to laugh because pirates don't cry :') Gone was my Schooner and my hard earned gold.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

It's not about wanting a ship to be safe, it's about sailing more than a few squares from home base not being a sure suicide mission and being able to use a ship as mobile base. I wonder how people do not understand that it's really important for a sailing game with such a huge world.

use your repair hammer first it's your own issue

Edited by Redrick

I like chilling in the freeport and farm a few ressources without 13 year old troll kids enflaming my ship while i do this.

Sailing out, raiding someone and sailing back do the freeport ? If you manage to do that it is ok. If the other pirates reach you and sink you 50m before you reach the zone line... bad luck.

Setting the freeports full PVE would enrich the game.

40 minutes ago, Redrick said:

use your repair hammer first it's your own issue

I can't use it while sleeping or at work. Having to sleep and have a job is everyone's issue except maybe a bunch of nolifers.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, LaiTash said:

I can't use it while sleeping or at work. Having to sleep and have a job is everyone's issue except maybe a bunch of nolifers.

repair your ship before enter Freeport server

do not sleep in freeport

stop sailing if can't afford it

PS stop whining on forums get gut

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redrick said:

repair your ship before enter Freeport server

do not sleep in freeport

stop sailing if can't afford it

You don't seem to understand what i'm trying to say =/

If you're happy sailing just 2-3 squares away from your home base, good for you. I came to atlas because of the promise of long voyages, exploration, adventure and all the stuff you don't seem to care about. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, LaiTash said:

If you're happy sailing just 2-3 squares away from your home base, good for you. I came to atlas because of the promise of long voyages, exploration, adventure and all the stuff you don't seem to care about.  

I have not problems with long trips (and rly love it), you have personal problem with repair. That's all.

21 hours ago, LaiTash said:

The solution is simple. Don't anchor down at freeports and repair frequently (or hire crew to). Long voyages are easily doable but not if you're sailing through storms and getting clipped by SoTD's while neglecting the hammer. Stop for discoveries and basic resources to refill the Ship Resource Box.

Edited by Nari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nari said:

The solution is simple. Don't anchor down at freeports and repair frequently (or hire crew to). Long voyages are easily doable but not if you're sailing through storms and getting clipped by SoTD's while neglecting the hammer. Stop for discoveries and basic resources to refill the Ship Resource Box.

Maybe you could tell me where exactly am i supposed to anchor down? I need to sleep you know. I need to eat. I need to work. I can easily avoid storms. I can beat SoD. I can beat player ships. What i can't beat is some naked dude sinking my ship because i'm too far away from my base and have to log out.

But i guess you're playing on a PvE server and that's why you can't understand what i'm saying, duh. I can't repair a ship when it's sunk.

Edited by LaiTash

6 hours ago, LaiTash said:

Maybe you could tell me where exactly am i supposed to anchor down? I need to sleep you know. I need to eat. I need to work. I can easily avoid storms. I can beat SoD. I can beat player ships. What i can't beat is some naked dude sinking my ship because i'm too far away from my base and have to log out.

But i guess you're playing on a PvE server and that's why you can't understand what i'm saying, duh. I can't repair a ship when it's sunk.

Anywhere but a freeport. Yea I primarily play on PvE atm but no not strictly. I understand what you're saying but if real life priorities is that much of a concern maybe you should too.

But even on PvE asshats still sink our ships regardless of where we anchor soooo... yea.

Edited by Nari

1 minute ago, Nari said:

I understand what you're saying but if real life priorities is that much of a concern maybe you should too.

There's nothing special or "too much" about having a job or being a human...

26 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

There's nothing special or "too much" about having a job or being a human...

What? That wasn't my point at all. Believe it or not I too have irl priorities.

Don't have the free time to PvP without fearing you'll lose all progress? Then maybe you should PvE.

3 minutes ago, Nari said:

What? That wasn't my point at all. Believe it or not I too have irl priorities.

Don't have the free time to PvP without fearing you'll lose all progress? Then maybe you should PvE.

I'm not worried about loosing progress, or loosing ships. That's not what i'm talking about. I'm talking about being unable to sail more than a couple of squares from your base because as soon as you log in away from your base your glorious voyage ends. This is bad for exploration, this is bad for trade and economy, this is bad for me personally.

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

I'm not worried about loosing progress, or loosing ships. That's not what i'm talking about. I'm talking about being unable to sail more than a couple of squares from your base because as soon as you log in away from your base your glorious voyage ends. This is bad for exploration, this is bad for trade and economy, this is bad for me personally.

Progress comes in more forms than mats and ships. If your goal is 7 tiles and you're set back 3 because real life took priority. You lost progress. Try better managing your free time and planning accordingly I guess because opening freeports to sleepers would produce far worse issues than "I can't safely sail around the world in PvP."

14 minutes ago, Nari said:

Progress comes in more forms than mats and ships. If your goal is 7 tiles and you're set back 3 because real life took priority. You lost progress. Try better managing your free time and planning accordingly I guess because opening freeports to sleepers would produce far worse issues than "I can't safely sail around the world in PvP."

You shouldn't be SAILING safely in PvP. No one ever suggested this. But a sailing game shouldn't discourage exploration by limiting you in how far you can go. I don't see any issue with safe freeports if it's done right, and it can be done right.

• Like 1

To answer OP (a year+ later) i think rafts are like 10-12 hours in fp. Bigger ships decay HP faster 

In the 500 hours I've played this game, I can count on a single hand, how many times my ship was sunk by another player at sea.  I cannot count the times they were destroyed from decay or offline raiding.  I considered rolling on a PvE server, but there aren't any ship battles and where's the fun in that when you're playing a pirate game?  Eventually I retired from playing, because the amount of frustration/farming heavily outweighed the fun.

It seems players have been asking the devs for some sort of extended freeport safety since release.  Something simple would do. Why not allow players to dock ships in the free port for X gold per day?  They could even go a step further and despawn the ship until the player talks with the NPC to fetch it back.

But let's be honest here.  This game has been shelved, and I won't hold my breath for any QoL improvements.

• Like 1

something really needs to be done on pve freeport H3 there is around 20 boats or more at the doc way laggy caint hardly move around and My game keeps on freezing because everybody’s leaving their ships in the dock Please help thank you

Edited by pink_kitty76

45 minutes ago, pink_kitty76 said:

something really needs to be done on pve freeport H3 there is around 20 boats or more at the doc way laggy caint hardly move around and My game keeps on freezing because everybody’s leaving their ships in the dock Please help thank you

Welcome to day 1 all over again xD

It's nice to be able to log off in a freeport.

as most people cannot play 12 hours straight when your on an expedition and need to log off 

Adding some sort of NPC that could store your ship for X amount of gold is an excellent idea and would free up all clutter.

If animals are being left there full of stuff make it so they are claimable at Freeport after 24 hours then problem solved.

• Like 1