Xenara

Region Lock Servers and open new region servers (RU,AS,OCE)

Hello dear Atlas Team,

Don't you consider blocking the game for regions outside EU or outside NA and opening servers for these regions only? (Russia, Asia, Oceania)

Other Games have done this aswell, our world is big and so I can't understand, why you left some regions like Russia, Asia, Oceania out with official servers. They should have a possible option too. EU and NA should not have to deal with languages that use letters unknown to us. Since we can't even see those appropriate in chat and most Russians and Asian can't even communicate in English.

Opening servers for each Region, Russia, Asia, Oceania and then make ALL official servers region locked, so only people in those regions are able to see the server as option to join. Simply just block all ip's for countries outside of each intended serverregion.

Personally I think, this would reduce some of the servers lag and make it a better playing experience.

What do you think? Is there any thought spent to this problem?

Sincerely,

Xenara

Edited by Xenara
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

mm thats tricky,

i think it is a good idea to make those servers available but i do not think we can force them to play on it.

2 minutes ago, Xenara said:

EU and NA should not have to deal with languages that use letters unknown to us.

I have a proposition: 

Make an English test mandatory to join EU server! Best yet, make it available only for those who can speak with posh. 

Sure, some people can't communicate with everyone, thats true. But... FFS some germans can't (or don't want to) communicate in english. Does it mean we should ban them too?
Right now we have loud call for asian and russian banning. Next whould be what? Germans call to ban French? Polish calling for own server because they don't want to play with Germans? 
Thank you, no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Elrood said:

I have a proposition: 

Make an English test mandatory to join EU server! Best yet, make it available only for those who can speak with posh. 

Sure, some people can't communicate with everyone, thats true. But... FFS some germans can't (or don't want to) communicate in english. Does it mean we should ban them too?
Right now we have loud call for asian and russian banning. Next whould be what? Germans call to ban French? Polish calling for own server because they don't want to play with Germans? 
Thank you, no thanks.

I think you understood it quiet wrong. Giving Russia, Asia, Oceania official servers would be a good thing. Forcing them to only see the official server options given to those regions.

Blocking Ip's from other regions would also be a good competitive choice for pvp, since it is less likely that people lag with 300ms ping and you can't hit them because they're teleporting or bungeeing around like crazy.

I am not against other languages, but we can't even type chinese/russian/japanese/korean and more letters with our keyboard, so we can't even try to google translate or something.

Edited by Xenara
  • Like 2

If the devs are going for a multicultural Multilanguage game, why are there no game systems for trading? No auction house (either distributed across all Freeports or localized forcing travel)?

This was described as Ark meets Eve Online, which is a joke. Since the devs didn't bother adding any real MMO game systems.

Chat (copy and paste from Ark)

company (copy and paste from Ark)- same issues and flaws

Trading system....umm throwing stuff on the ground.

18 hours ago, Xenara said:

I think you understood it quiet wrong. Giving Russia, Asia, Oceania official servers would be a good thing. Forcing them to only see the official server options given to those regions.

Blocking Ip's from other regions would also be a good competitive choice for pvp, since it is less likely that people lag with 300ms ping and you can't hit them because they're teleporting or bungeeing around like crazy.

I am not against other languages, but we can't even type chinese/russian/japanese/korean and more letters with our keyboard, so we can't even try to google translate or something.

Yes, let's ban half of the players on the server) And then we will ask why you are no more than 2-3 players in the square. And the world as if died out) Let the EU play no more than 1k players at all)

This is a discriminatory appeal! Selective ban by race or language! Then you will need to ban all languages -German, French, Spanish, etc.! Or make separate servers for them!

15 hours ago, Lynx said:

If the devs are going for a multicultural Multilanguage game, why are there no game systems for trading? No auction house (either distributed across all Freeports or localized forcing travel)?

This was described as Ark meets Eve Online, which is a joke. Since the devs didn't bother adding any real MMO game systems.

Chat (copy and paste from Ark)

company (copy and paste from Ark)- same issues and flaws

Trading system....umm throwing stuff on the ground.

Put it in the suggestion box

Do not forget it is alpha

Edited by avenger

49 minutes ago, Asc said:

Yes, let's ban half of the players on the server) And then we will ask why you are no more than 2-3 players in the square. And the world as if died out) Let the EU play no more than 1k players at all)

This is a discriminatory appeal! Selective ban by race or language! Then you will need to ban all languages -German, French, Spanish, etc.! Or make separate servers for them!

So you agree with all the Chinese and Russians hackers who destroy any ONLINE game with their filthy behavior ? How should we call this fact, a fair play ground ? They first act like retards and destroy any ONLINE game they find as new experience then when people get tired of their stupid behavior, they call it discrimination ?!  Are you fuckin serious ??? 

Hackers from Russia and China should play all on a server to destroy their game experience between them. It's very simple human with human and animals with animals, natural selection ! 

19 hours ago, Xenara said:

Hello dear Atlas Team,

Don't you consider blocking the game for regions outside EU or outside NA and opening servers for these regions only? (Russia, Asia, Oceania)

Other Games have done this aswell, our world is big and so I can't understand, why you left some regions like Russia, Asia, Oceania out with official servers. They should have a possible option too. EU and NA should not have to deal with languages that use letters unknown to us. Since we can't even see those appropriate in chat and most Russians and Asian can't even communicate in English.

Opening servers for each Region, Russia, Asia, Oceania and then make ALL official servers region locked, so only people in those regions are able to see the server as option to join. Simply just block all ip's for countries outside of each intended serverregion.

Personally I think, this would reduce some of the servers lag and make it a better playing experience.

Sincerely,

Xenara

+1 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, avenger said:

Put it in the suggestion box

Do not forget it is alpha

What I said would have been suggestion to the devs before they launched the game. Advertising heavily as an MMO...Then just copy and pasted systems from Ark (survival game) is just a cash grab.

Atlas isn't anymore an MMO than Ark

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Asc said:

I don't mean language split servers. I mean russians, asians don't use arabic letters and we can't even use google translate to comunicate with them properly. Second, they are physically far away from serverlocation (Germany I believe?)

And creating servers for more regions and make them only visible for those people in that region, would bring back some people, if news spread out far enough.

Edited by Xenara

5 minutes ago, Xenara said:

I don't mean language split servers. I mean russians, asians don't use arabic letters and we can't even use google translate to comunicate with them properly. Second, they are physically far away from serverlocation (Germany I believe?)

And creating servers for more regions and make them only visible for those people in that region, would bring back some people, if news spread out far enough.

There is another way. Where is utf-8 or unicode support? All languages are there. This is a solution. Russians see Chinese as well as Russian in squares. We would also like the game to support all the letters in the chat. In my opinion - this is the only correct solution. Otherwise the servers will be empty.

Edited by Asc

5 minutes ago, Xenara said:

I understand English. It's harder for me to write. I understand something from German. But I do not understand French, Spanish, Italian, etc.
I calmly relate to different languages. But I will support in you that the squares instead of letters are very annoying. It all looks like spam!

I think you do not need separate servers. Need language support.

20 hours ago, Xenara said:

Hello dear Atlas Team,

....blablabla....

EU and NA should not have to deal with languages that use letters unknown to us. Since we can't even see those appropriate in chat and most Russians and Asian can't even communicate in English.

.....blablabla....

I think you should be blocked or quit from this game bcos  Your IQ seems to be too low to use option “-culture=global” and  you cant use dictionary or google translate.  If you want region locked server then start private.  The most interesting part of MMO is the mixture of cultures and peoples from all over the world. And, yes, Im russian and im tired of this stupid ideas of blocking people for their cuture differences, languages, skin color, sex or else.... So I recomend you just quit this game or get some education to feel comfortable with people from other countries .

1 hour ago, StefanKyle84 said:

So you agree with all the Chinese and Russians hackers who destroy any ONLINE game with their filthy behavior ? How should we call this fact, a fair play ground ? They first act like retards and destroy any ONLINE game they find as new experience then when people get tired of their stupid behavior, they call it discrimination ?!  Are you fuckin serious ??? 

Hackers from Russia and China should play all on a server to destroy their game experience between them. It's very simple human with human and animals with animals, natural selection ! 

+1 

I am absolutely serious! Europeans and Americans behave like racists! Break all the games! Put yourself above the others! Do not kindle roz! Stop it! I urge you to be tolerant!

4 minutes ago, Yolka said:

I think you should be blocked or quit from this game bcos  Your IQ seems to be too low to use option “-culture=global” and  you cant use dictionary or google translate.  If you want region locked server then start private.  The most interesting part of MMO is the mixture of cultures and peoples from all over the world. And, yes, Im russian and im tired of this stupid ideas of blocking people for their cuture differences, languages, skin color, sex or else.... So I recomend you just quit this game or get some education to feel comfortable with people from other countries .

If you think globally, you would understand, that players are different all over the world, we expect other things in a game and hate things that other love, because it's their gaming culture. Why then force those two cultures in EU / NA with a super high ping for those not living in this region?

The game should deliver good servers for people all over the world, to only have EU / NA is excluding good serverconnection for those outside these regions.

Adding to this, I can't read russian letters / chinese kanji / thai letter or any of these and communicating with those people is a thing almost impossible. They could add a system that automatically translates for you in chat, but this is currently not possible in a reliable way.

If you want to see other cultures, use option "Flight to....." in real life. 🙂

There's a lot of players that left this game because the gaming culture is different.

2 hours ago, Xenara said:

If you want to see other cultures, use option "Flight to....." in real life. 🙂

There's a lot of players that left this game because the gaming culture is different.

i  visited    3 continents  and  13 countries. what about you?

Let these people go.  I do not care if they are  insufficiently tolerant and could not comunicate with the rest of the world. 
ps. my ping from RU to GE datacenter 40-60 so.... all your speaches about tech side is just to cover your rasist views.

Edited by Yolka

1 hour ago, Yolka said:

i  visited    3 continents  and  13 countries. what about you?

Let these people go.  I do not care if they are  insufficiently tolerant and could not comunicate with the rest of the world. 
ps. my ping from RU to GE datacenter 40-60 so.... all your speaches about tech side is just to cover your rasist views.

Divided into two servers only because of time. 12 hours for each server. I will tell you more, most Eastern Russia plays on NA, since they have such a big difference with EU. And there are more Chinese on NA than on EU.

5 hours ago, Yolka said:

Keep telling this BS to yourself. If you think this is all about racism then definitely you IQ is really under your room temperature !!! 

First of all racism cannot be applied here where many hackers are from Russia and China and the worldwide proof is talking so if the proof means nothing to you then you are the most pathetic specimen that lives on this Planet and don't know how you still exist here ?! 

You say the MMO is a multi cultural game ? Well yes, definitely you';re right here BUT a multi cultural game of normal and good behavior people, NOT what your kind made of this game in the end. I'm sorry for you that you have to pay for others for your kind, It's not my problem. I never wanted to swear the Russians and Chinese but when these nations are fuckin with my normality when on a PVE server I just want to fuckin play without being hacked or stolen from my locked house all my hard working gathered resources, then this is a SERIOUS problem and I REALL Y DON"t WANT YOU BY MY SIDE OR BE MY NEIGHBOR EVER !!!  

If you cannot behave like mature people and beat those whom destroy your reputation from your kind, then other people really do not want you here !! 

Got it ?  Many Russians and Chinese who hack and fuck many ONLINE games are a real menace and examples are quite a lot : ATLAS, Battlefield series, BAttlefront series and many many ONLINE games !!! 

Give a lesson that cannot forget to those from your kind who destroy worldwide reputation and maybe things will get better worldwide instead of throw to each other this fuckin hatred ! I didn't signed for this shit and payed BUT for having fun with mature people who  want to enjoy life and respect with anyone on a PVE server .

THIS IS NOT A PVE NORMAL WAY !!!  

On 1/22/2019 at 4:08 PM, Elrood said:

I have a proposition: 

Thank you, no thanks.

OI! i  (Polish :P) live on Island full of Germans... They are good people with such a rough and funny language! I don't want them gone! :<

But I'll get nervous a bit when some small Austrian guy shows up and start to unite their companies...

Isn’t region locking just banning IP’s from certain parts of the world? (Or conversely allowing only IP’s from certain parts of the world)

is IP spoofing still a thing?  If it is, I think those “hackers” you are trying to keep out just might be able to figure out the IP spoofing bit.  

Region locking is only going to hurt legitimate players, and is very unlikely to actually effect the hackers you want to keep off your NA or EU servers. 

I completely agree with more regional servers.  This just might not be the right time.  This game is still pretty early in development. Any new servers multiplies the amount of work they need to do for maintaining/updating servers. 

1 hour ago, KeyenDF said:

Isn’t region locking just banning IP’s from certain parts of the world? (Or conversely allowing only IP’s from certain parts of the world)

is IP spoofing still a thing?  If it is, I think those “hackers” you are trying to keep out just might be able to figure out the IP spoofing bit.  

Region locking is only going to hurt legitimate players, and is very unlikely to actually effect the hackers you want to keep off your NA or EU servers. 

I completely agree with more regional servers.  This just might not be the right time.  This game is still pretty early in development. Any new servers multiplies the amount of work they need to do for maintaining/updating servers. 

They don't need to spoof the IP they can just pop on a vpn and they will be able to get around the region locking.   Personally I couldn't care less about region locking.  I think more servers need to be a thing, whether that is now or later.  If a better playing experience isn't enough to coerce them into playing on a server for their region and this company isn't going to actually ban anyone for their exploitation/hacking, I'm sure some who are being affected by this will stoop to their level and exploit/hack to defend themselves.  

Also for the people crying racism, definitions are important.  No one has once said they believe x race is better than y race.  He might be a bit biased toward the whole based off of his past experience with some from the races/countries he is talking about, but he did not claim to be superior.