Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

UNLIMITED LAND CLAIM BAD IDEA!

Day one: Sail out claim as much land as possible

Day two: Sit back and laugh at new players with out land

Day three: New player tries to steel land but system broken

Day four: Laugh as a tax and rent system is put into place

Day five: Log in just to collect your taxes and rent

THAT SYSTEM ONLY FAVORS THOSE WHO GOT THERE FIRST ON DAY ONE AND IS BAD FOR THE GAME AND BAD TO GET NEW PLAYERS! 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

THAT SYSTEM ONLY FAVORS THOSE WHO GOT THERE FIRST ON DAY ONE AND IS BAD FOR THE GAME AND BAD TO GET NEW PLAYERS! 

This was completely predictable. WC/GS repeating history.

They haven't figured out the concept of limits. Stat caps. Etc.

Also, PvE is a joke. (Ark or Atlas) it's not a real mode just an afterthought (cash grab)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

You clearly don't understand anything. If you are a single player and you have a variety of claims, then it's super easy for others to contest and take your claims. You lose a claim within 6 hours (even less if you have more claims) and you aren't resting in it. So, it's super easy for a new player to steal (not steel) land. In order to put taxes into place you need to build a tax bank on your claim that you want to tax. I have no clue what rent system you're talking about?

Anyways, quit bitching. You're annoying. Just do what everyone else has done. Go to a lawless zone, build a small base, gather resources, and build a sloop/schooner. While doing this, gather treasure maps. Then do some treasure maps, and while doing them, look for an abandoned territory to contest. Took me literally one day to find claimable land three grids away from a freeport. And I got my piece of land last week. Not at game launch.

Edited by OnlineHandle
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OnlineHandle said:

You clearly don't understand anything. If you are a single player and you have a variety of claims, then it's super easy for others to contest and take your claims. You lose a claim within 6 hours (even less if you have more claims) and you aren't resting in it. So, it's super easy for a new player to steal (not steel) land. In order to put taxes into place you need to build a tax bank on your claim that you want to tax. I have no clue what rent system you're talking about?

Anyways, quit bitching. You're annoying. Just do what everyone else has done. Go to a lawless zone, build a small base, gather resources, and build a sloop/schooner. While doing this, gather treasure maps. Then do some treasure maps, and while doing them, look for an abandoned territory to contest. Took me literally one day to find claimable land three grids away from a freeport. And I got my piece of land last week. Not at game launch.

Bullshit! You think Im the only person who is saying the land claim system is broken and shit then your new bra

1 hour ago, OnlineHandle said:

You clearly don't own land or either you know how bad it is from that or how land claim even work. As a landowner with tenants, I rule their world and they are my slaves. That's how the claim system works. Our bank is always filled with 1000s and 10000s of resources despite we try and empty it regularly. And I you lay out your claims right you can control it all from your base without having to move anywhere and nobody else can touch it.

It reached a point where we consider moving crafting and bank together like it is with the res box.

Then we can all claim its working as intended or broken depending on view style. But the feudal system is already in place and I won a Lord title that nobody can dispute.

Edited by Shintai
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shintai said:

You clearly don't own land or either you know how bad it is from that or how land claim even work. As a landowner with tenants, I rule their world and they are my slaves. That's how the claim system works. Our bank is always filled with 1000s and 10000s of resources despite we try and empty it regularly. And I you lay out your claims right you can control it all from your base without having to move anywhere and nobody else can touch it.

It reached a point where we consider moving crafting and bank together like it is with the res box.

Then we can all claim its working as intended or broken depending on view style. But the feudal system is already in place and I won a Lord title that nobody can dispute.

Well there you have it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

UNLIMITED LAND CLAIM BAD IDEA!

Agree 100%!

• Like 1

Our daily dose of Mr Scorpion telling us how bad the game is without any suggestions yet having more hours than all of us. 

38 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Well, when all that is left on the game is the large companies that treat everyone else like slaves you will have to go do all the resource gathering yourself. Let me know how fun that is. Who wants to play the game as someone else's slave? Yuck. There is enough IRL rent and taxes to make us all sick. 

13 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Yeah they love making their game bad, that is for sure. Really sucks to that a good idea that could be implemented so badly it becomes a laughing stock across the internet 

4 hours ago, Shintai said:

You seem like a pretty tough guy there buddy 😂

7 hours ago, Angrytango said:

Well, when all that is left on the game is the large companies that treat everyone else like slaves you will have to go do all the resource gathering yourself. Let me know how fun that is. Who wants to play the game as someone else's slave? Yuck. There is enough IRL rent and taxes to make us all sick. 

If you ever played ARK you know how it was for most of the player base.

in Atlas it´s exactly the same, if you don´t like it you can always struggle to get something done on a lawless island.

Land+Tax=Win.

4 hours ago, Realist said:

You seem like a pretty tough guy there buddy 😂

What would you prefer? That I sugarcoat the mechanic or act like it´s not an issue for non land owners? 😄

Unless the devs change it and I doubt. Then non land owners can just as well accept tax will be a forever part of their experience unless they play on lawless and suffer all its penalties.

well try the days where nothing was protected, when your 1 flag was constantly contested, people trying to claim your place, that was also a farce , unless you had people on 24/7 to guard your flag , hopefully when they do fix claim-overlapping and total flags we will get a wipe but it still wont fix as too many buildings in a area kills spawn and people love making those god awful large stone gates enclosures

I'll try to tell my story
We play in four and we managed once to seize abandoned territory. And it was a magic. Then we also took the forest and water. Our neighbor on the right is sleeping in the house. They are 4. They do not play and no one can seize their land where they have been sleeping for a month now. They do not go online. But suddenly, we had a neighbor on the left who built a house on a piece of our territory (where there was a forest) and destroyed the resp resources! Then he captured another of our territory. We can not understand how, because we are 4 people and he is 1. We are online every day, morning and evening, but at night our territory disappears! He has around 6 flags and in each of them he has a house where he appears every day. He captured all the resources around in this way. Now he does not run around, does not collect anything. he has a bank and a huge tax. We have only 1 flag left on the shore and 1 in the water. And we can do nothing!
By this I want to say that I support the view that the claims flags work illogical. It has long been said that it is necessary to limit the number of flags on the ground, depending on the number of people. There should not be such that 1 solo player is able to hold half of the island and interfere with other companies (build a lot of houses in the woods, fence territory and stop the rep resources!)
This is a very toxic game.

The problem is that not all players understand how the system works. What are the exact conditions for capture. I still do not understand what the increasing countdown timer with minus means

Edited by a1rum
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Percieval said:

Our daily dose of Mr Scorpion telling us how bad the game is without any suggestions yet having more hours than all of us. 

Here is not just a suggestion but the savor of land claim system in the game... You ready?

3 claims per person.

11 hours ago, Percieval said:

It's not required of him to make "suggestions".  It's required that the Devs fix their shit system.  That's why they got our money.

14 hours ago, OnlineHandle said:

You lose a claim within 6 hours (even less if you have more claims) and you aren't resting in it.

Except ANY random person simply passing through the area will reset the timer.  They could just be exploring or gathering resources and be totally unaware of the counter-claim going on - just being there resets the timer. 

Unless of course, the Devs fixed that...  no, seriously, I could hardly type that with a straight face.  What, the Devs actually FIXING something?  😄

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Here is not just a suggestion but the savor of land claim system in the game... You ready?

3 claims per person.

It changes nothing for big companies. We can recruit people just for flag placement, we can create another accounts, we can create ally "guild2". Not a big problem. And what will you do with your small sized group? Write posts on forum? :classic_biggrin:

A big issue is companies can only hold 500 players. So even with that current limit that's a problem for mega companies. They can put down 1500 flags.

Having loads of claims is  a very bad idea.  If you find a claim not contested.  You can take the land in 15mins.  This timer reduces even further the more claims you have.

Tactic I'm using is,  if a player is away and don't return. I will find a bottleneck where a single flag is connecting two claimed areas.   I will contest that flag.  If successful.  You can take load of there land as they cannot protect both area, where it had been split.

Hope this helps

53 minutes ago, Coggage said:

It's not required of him to make "suggestions".  It's required that the Devs fix their shit system.  That's why they got our money.

I think the discussion forum is to discuss, not to bitch about everything. Or maybe that’s just me. 

I really don´t know if people are to dumb or I´m just lucky but atm I sail around doing discoveries and EVERY DAY on every island I find there are claims with buildings which you can claim. Dozent of unused stuff just laying around. The thing is you don´t get the prime spots, the super nice beach spot with resources and shipyard access but maybe have to start on a small shitty rock with less trees and no stone etc. but its something. 

Found a lot of those. I really don´t understand how people have issues with finding claims. 

Our company got one of the initial claims from the start, maintained those claims and yesterday setup an outpost in the north and south where they just claimed a small water spot with a bit of land and build a base. It was not even a lot of time investment, just searching a bit where are bigger free spots and maybe you can squeeze in there.

Additional based on your post I assume you do not have the communication skills to ask others friendly if you can use their land. Also very easy way to setup a base. Got several allies who I met which allowed me to build taming pens on their land etc. and wouldn´t also mind if I build a shipyard and a base close to them. Its always how you approach people. 

Not saying the claiming system is good, its actually kind of bad, but it works for now and is WAY better then the foundation/pillar spam to secure your territory. WAY BETTER .. 

Edited by Mephos

5 minutes ago, Mephos said:

I really don´t know if people are to dumb or I´m just lucky but atm I sail around doing discoveries and EVERY DAY on every island I find there are claims with buildings which you can claim. Dozent of unused stuff just laying around. The thing is you don´t get the prime spots, the super nice beach spot with resources and shipyard access but maybe have to start on a small shitty rock with less trees and no stone etc. but its something. 

Found a lot of those. I really don´t understand how people have issues with finding claims. 

Our company got one of the initial claims from the start, maintained those claims and yesterday setup an outpost in the north and south where they just claimed a small water spot with a bit of land and build a base. It was not even a lot of time investment, just searching a bit where are bigger free spots and maybe you can squeeze in there.

Additional based on your post I assume you do not have the communication skills to ask others friendly if you can use their land. Also very easy way to setup a base. Got several allies who I met which allowed me to build taming pens on their land etc. and wouldn´t also mind if I build a shipyard and a base close to them. Its always how you approach people. 

Not saying the claiming system is good, its actually kind of bad, but it works for now and is WAY better then the foundation/pillar spam to secure your territory. WAY BETTER .. 

That's true. Small companies usually share their land with pleasure because they are afraid of being raided. And it's not a problem at all to find a spot for base now.

4 minutes ago, BlackFlint said:

That's true. Small companies usually share their land with pleasure because they are afraid of being raided. And it's not a problem at all to find a spot for base now.

Not even because of raiding. Defending a lot of claim is a lot of work, so giving claims to people who farm resources and you earn 30% tax while they additionally protect space and resources is a win win situation. HOWEVER.. the first people we let build went on and build directly on top of our only metal resource. since then we only accept people who speak the same language, must have a certain age and must introduce himself in a mannered way so that we can estimate that this is not some short minded kid that just builds shit around our claims and blocks resources. 

it is kind of complicated to get new people in but if you find people who respect resources and rules its a blast seeing how our island grows and people building stuff. Really like that aspect and god bless we found a lot of nice people in atlas. its about 3 shit heads to 100 nice people so far 🙂

but yeah, if you are friendly and you talk to people and explain them your goals etc. most likely people are willing to share land for the above reasons. 

Edit: I must admit that I´m maybe lucky. Started on an island with 90% friendly people who instantly created a small community to help each other out (PvE ofc). my neighbors are super nice people who we regularly talk to about expanding land or if they need more stuff or if we should reduce taxes if they build etc. No ship sank so far, no land was stolen, no grief except someone placed a buoy at the beginning which prevented resource respawn (but more unintentional I think). Beside the thousands of issues ATLAS has, the community and experiences in the game were always very good. 

Even like speaking to french people with bad english was super fun, while I google translated everything and they as well ^^

I can only hope others do the same experiences and learn a bit about the possible good times in ATLAS instead of the hate and grind etc. 

Edited by Mephos