Sign in to follow this  
Captain Coconut

Chinese kids jumping on my couch!

I thought of an interesting analogy that made me laugh.

Gaming has become the number one form of entertainment in the world surpassing movies music and television.

The Chinese hackers have ruined several games I enjoy making them unplayable. Atlas being the latest.

Imagine if this happened before the age of online gaming;

"Your sitting in your home putting in the latest DVD from Blockbuster to enjoy a movie. As soon as the previews end a bunch of Chinese kids bust into your house to break your TV, jump on your couch, kick your cat, do flips off your wall, eat your food, insult your family and yell China #1 and you are never able to finish your movie. The only thing is there is nothing you can do about it. That is essentially what is happening here".

Something should be done! Time to bust out the Cyber Mossberg! Get out of my House!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain Coconut said:

Something should be done! Time to bust out the Cyber Mossberg! Get out of my House!

Unfortunately, your only home protection in this game isn't a 12ga but a finger you get to wag at them and say, "now stop that."  Even when you try to call the police for help you find out they're all wearing clown costumes and are entirely too busy tossing confetti in the air to come help.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Even when you try to call the police for help you find out they're all wearing clown costumes and are entirely too busy tossing confetti in the air to come help.

Nah, these clowns tell them 'You're not allowed to stand on the sofa or you'll float above it' - then you invite your friend over, he tries sit on it and gets stuck floating. Meanwhile the Chinese kids lash a rope around your sofa and pull it over, because they didn't stand on it, it wasn't against the rules 😉

...can we just have a separate play area for them Grapeshot?

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Coconut said:

I thought of an interesting analogy that made me laugh.

Gaming has become the number one form of entertainment in the world surpassing movies music and television.

The Chinese hackers have ruined several games I enjoy making them unplayable. Atlas being the latest.

Imagine if this happened before the age of online gaming;

"Your sitting in your home putting in the latest DVD from Blockbuster to enjoy a movie. As soon as the previews end a bunch of Chinese kids bust into your house to break your TV, jump on your couch, kick your cat, do flips off your wall, eat your food, insult your family and yell China #1 and you are never able to finish your movie. The only thing is there is nothing you can do about it. That is essentially what is happening here".

My dogs would have a good chinese feast if this happened 😉

• Haha 1

2 things: 

1. it would be more analogous if they were using thier remote control to control your DVD player 🙂

2. Its not kids in china.  My friend just got back from living 10+ years in china.  Most of these idiots are 20 to 30 years old.  They live to ruin games for other players... especially from other countries.  They all hang out in gaming cafes for hours and hours every day in between work.  That's all they do.  If you're not chinese then you're fair game for any sort of griefing even in real life.  He would have people try to follow him home to rob him on a regular basis.

Before he moved to china he was in love with the culture and language.  Now he cant stand china at all.  They hate Americans with a passion.

Edited by Dorf
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dags said:

Made an account to say you dogs will just be hungry 20 minutes later.

• Haha 4

See I don’t get this.. I’ve been playing video game since late 90’s and yet to even encounter a Chinese player. 

Yes I understand “just because I don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not happening” but seems to me, blaming an entire nation over something as stupid as cheating is a bit stupid. 

From what I can see, British, Chinese, Japanese, german, Russian, polish, french, Irish, Scottish... all the other ish, man, ench, ese’s countries out there have cheaters in them. 

Please for the love of shit... stop labelling a single country as the culprits. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dags said:

...Aannd you’ve just hinted at where the Op’s analogy is flawed and breaks down. Your home is your private property and you have the right to defend it and dictate what is allowed to happen there within the bounds of the law. Within the game world of Atlas is not directly comparable because you do not have nor should expect the same rights.

What you should expect is reasonable enforcement of the developers rules as laid down by them. If they fail to do so or you don’t agree with the rule set, you are free to vote with your time and wallet and leave.Before you say but they already have my money, you should be aware that one of the factors giving you the consumer extra leverage in an MMO is the business model.

Contrary to popular belief and claims of cash grab, the business model of MMO’s means they have enormous upfront costs that the price of the game purchase alone rarely makes back. Revenue over time in the form of subscription fees or cash shop purchas s is where Atlas will make its money. That means GrapeCard needs to keep you around until they put the cash shop in to hope to make their money back in full let alone a profit

This means that if their approach to the Chinese or other players from cultures that practice disruptive play styles is unacceptable to you, walk. If enough players do it, you will find “We can’t do anything about Chinese” is a tune that will change rapidly or they won’t last long.

6 minutes ago, Diseased said:

This is my favorite post today. Welcome to the forums.

21 minutes ago, Dappypally said:

See I don’t get this.. I’ve been playing video game since late 90’s and yet to even encounter a Chinese player. 

Yes I understand “just because I don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not happening” but seems to me, blaming an entire nation over something as stupid as cheating is a bit stupid. 

From what I can see, British, Chinese, Japanese, german, Russian, polish, french, Irish, Scottish... all the other ish, man, ench, ese’s countries out there have cheaters in them. 

I agree with your sentiment but sadly in the case of Atlas the OP is correct.  Atlas is over run with very toxic chinese players using hacks and exploits to grief everyone.  See my post above... they revel in it.  I'm not saying other people aren't doing it too... of course they are but not in the quantity of the chinese.

If you don't believe me take a minute and google atlas and chinese hackers and then get a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the next 2 days watching all of the videos confirming this.  And that's just the people catching them on video.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dappypally said:

Don't dare defending them. In any game that played with private servers, there are region locks, ping locks and massive amounts of admins to get rid of cheaters which suprise, most of them come from asia, china, tai and whatever is there but mostly those 2 just keep talking their fast paced language on micro or spamming houses as they wallhack arround. What Dorf said is true, their culture is about hating anyone who is not from china, they even hate their own ppl if they educate self and start thinking differently or talk in english since aparently english = american scum. Think that's bad their goverment tries to limit them etc?, maybe in some human rights, but they should be walled off as they would gladly punch thy face off for being not chineese and destroy any fun possible in games.

• Thanks 1

Guys, there is some potential good news on the horizon.

The dev team has elected to go with BattleEye.  This company, assuming they're given the authority to ban without reservation, has a track record of taking it seriously.  In 2017, BE banned 1.5 million accounts from PUBG. That was roughly 5.5% of all PUBG accounts.  In January of last year, they banned another 1+ million accounts.  And they don't seem to care where players live.  Here's a twitter post from 2017 regarding bans on PUBG.

We are currently banning at a rate of 6K-13K per day, nearly 20K within the last 24 hours alone. The vast majority is from China.

So, with any luck and a lot of finger crossing, I'm hoping that BE has been given broad powers to ban as they see fit and soon, we'll see some action being taken.

Yeah, I just wanted to craft a Boat, claim some land to build a Fort and Shipyard and explore the massive map as promissed. Instead I got 300 hours of Chinese kids jumping on my couch! 

Edited by Captain Coconut

21 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Guys, there is some potential good news on the horizon.

The dev team has elected to go with BattleEye.  This company, assuming they're given the authority to ban without reservation, has a track record of taking it seriously.  In 2017, BE banned 1.5 million accounts from PUBG. That was roughly 5.5% of all PUBG accounts.  In January of last year, they banned another 1+ million accounts.  And they don't seem to care where players live.  Here's a twitter post from 2017 regarding bans on PUBG.

We are currently banning at a rate of 6K-13K per day, nearly 20K within the last 24 hours alone. The vast majority is from China.

So, with any luck and a lot of finger crossing, I'm hoping that BE has been given broad powers to ban as they see fit and soon, we'll see some action being taken.

Yeah and watch the numbers go from 32k to 5k total. There is a reason they aren’t doing that 

Just now, Realist said:

Yeah and watch the numbers go from 32k to 5k total. There is a reason they aren’t doing that 

How did I know, when I saw your name on the reply notification, that it was going to be you, one again, bitching about a game you don't even own.

You know what. I'm done with you. Seriously and utterly done with you.  Welcome to ignore.

3 hours ago, Diseased said:

Yeah but if its anything like this game they would be back the next day to repeat the process.

3 hours ago, Dappypally said:

Please for the love of shit... 

Who loves shit?! Kind of strange if you ask me!

• Haha 1