moerserman

greed for land in PVE makes sense?

What I do not understand is why at PVE, we can not attack, fight, fight for other land, and also not defend !!!

PVE is a very relaxed game mode for those who like to settles and build for themselves

At PVP I would understand it, there it goes thing .. I must be afraid that another day a ship or my country is gone ..

But at PVE? It seems to me as if some did not have the courage to thaw on the PVP server and full of fear rather on the PVE server against and pointless whole islands seizure close ...

Is only a guess, so for me everyone is allowed to build and is welcome, as long as the bones are adapted to the ratio .. I only have 2 clams more I do not need ..

Edited by moerserman

31 minutes ago, moerserman said:

What I do not understand is why at PVE, we can not attack, fight, fight for other land, and also not defend !!!

PVE is a very relaxed game mode for those who like to settles and build for themselves

At PVP I would understand it, there it goes thing .. I must be afraid that another day a ship or my country is gone ..

But at PVE? It seems to me as if some did not have the courage to thaw on the PVP server and full of fear rather on the PVE server against and pointless whole islands seizure close ...

Is only a guess, so for me everyone is allowed to build and is welcome, as long as the bones are adapted to the ratio .. I only have 2 clams more I do not need ..

You're going to see a lot of people agree with this mindset, but the problem is it only works if everyone is actually willing to work together.  When you are in this game the land of the trolls, you can't really afford trusting people.  Thus land claims are over used to protect resource patches and preventing people from foundation spamming you locking you into your area while they build freely wherever.  Lawless is exactly this pillars/foundations all over the damn place to prevent people from buidling too close.  The claim system isn't the best system but it beats the foundation spam by a large margin in my opinion.

33 minutes ago, moerserman said:

Can you please edit this into English in a way that the rest of us can figure out what you are trying to say? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Can you please edit this into English in a way that the rest of us can figure out what you are trying to say? 

u need some lessons in manners,  

how many languages do u speak ? how well were u taught if u do ,op is a t least trying to communicate the best way he can either google translate or in the best english he knows , 

a lot of players across the world learn english on their own and do a damn good job of it , his post makes perfect sense even though native english isnt his main language ..

grow up no need to insult people .or do u get off on trying to make players look small so u can feel all big and mighty on the anonymous internet ....

back on topic , the devs i believe on stream hinted at over hauling the whole claim system , how they would implement changes without a wipe i dont know

a lot of players myeslf included have a few flags not hundreds but enough to protect the metal spawns and areas of weed etc , if i didnt i can only imagine that there would have been building all over the place effectivly wiping out the resources for everyone , 

pillars or flags they are both as bad each other flags claims are the lesser of 2 evils ,troller paradise whichever way you look at it ..

Edited by UDO
  • Thanks 1

I would gladly lose one of my sea claims, the moment overlapping is no longer possible. I'm not going to lose all my staff cause someone decided to overlap me. 

we got land claims and are willing to share them with people.

we try to protect resource spawns. so if you would like to build on our claims there are rules of where and what to build.

and of course those rules are not written in stone and can be discussed.

Edited by avenger
  • Like 1

So it's about resources, but they'll be removed if I build something or not?

If I can not trust anyone in a game, then the game is still relaxation or rather stress

I wonder why someone needs 50 flags or a whole island?

What reasons does this have?

Edited by moerserman

1 minute ago, moerserman said:

If I can not trust anyone in a game, then the game is still relaxation or rather stress

having 50 flags on a island is to much to have alone.

the whole idea of this system is to force people to play together

1 minute ago, moerserman said:

How many are there of such islands with 50 flags? 

Beside, i kind of understand the fought for so many flags - I have "great" neighbor who claimed my favorite (and most efficient) spot for wood and thatch and put 30% tax (thank you very much). Could have claimed it, decided to not do it cause I didn't really need it. After that I've joined the crowed "claim as much as possible". 

1 minute ago, Elrood said:

How many are there of such islands with 50 flags? 

Beside, i kind of understand the fought for so many flags - I have "great" neighbor who claimed my favorite (and most efficient) spot for wood and thatch and put 30% tax (thank you very much). Could have claimed it, decided to not do it cause I didn't really need it. After that I've joined the crowed "claim as much as possible". 

i do not like that people  put the 30% tax on there lands.

our company has a 10% tax and my goal is to use this for public use, or helping allies realizing good ideas.

4 minutes ago, moerserman said:

In PvE a lot of it is down to resources.  On M4 there are 3 islands, of these 3 islands, 1 island has fresh water and sparingly amounts of resources, 1 has vast amounts of resources but very little land, and 1 has vast amounts of land but seemingly few resources.  All islands have wood/thatch/fiber in their various forms for sure, but 1 has gems and rubies in copious amounts of spawn nodes while the others have very few if any metal spawns.  This might be different if not for the fact that so many different companies decided to settle and build on the larger island.  The smaller island is the one that I live on with 2 companies both around 20-30 people in each companies(according to these forums we own too much).   We keep building to a minimal so that resources are unaffected and have a lower tax than normal, last I checked was only 15% but we usually lower it especially during double resource events so that people get more from what they are farming.

10 minutes ago, moerserman said:

there is no reason at for that that's just plain selfishness , they were not taught to play well with others when they were children 😛

From what ive seen people that actually build on rwnted land are rarely the problem most times its large companies or other companies on the same island that come and spam pillars/floors so even if you build on a no tax land you will have to go and farm on a 30% taxed one and the owner of the land dosnt even seem to play anymore . But he got like 4 renters on the beach area so noone can claim it either and remove the pilaars one company has spammed all over it.

3 hours ago, UDO said:

u need some lessons in manners,  

how many languages do u speak ? how well were u taught if u do ,op is a t least trying to communicate the best way he can either google translate or in the best english he knows , 

a lot of players across the world learn english on their own and do a damn good job of it , his post makes perfect sense even though native english isnt his main language ..

grow up no need to insult people .or do u get off on trying to make players look small so u can feel all big and mighty on the anonymous internet ....

back on topic , the devs i believe on stream hinted at over hauling the whole claim system , how they would implement changes without a wipe i dont know

a lot of players myeslf included have a few flags not hundreds but enough to protect the metal spawns and areas of weed etc , if i didnt i can only imagine that there would have been building all over the place effectivly wiping out the resources for everyone , 

pillars or flags they are both as bad each other flags claims are the lesser of 2 evils ,troller paradise whichever way you look at it ..

Manners have nothing to do with the fact that I cannot understand the point he was trying to convey. The OP was difficult to understand so asking for clarification is not rude. Now about them overhauling the game. Not gonna happen. Too many companies have too many hours in for a reboot. Want different rules? Host your own server.

"Is only a guess, so for me everyone is allowed to build and is welcome, as long as the bones are adapted to the ratio .. I only have 2 clams more I do not need .." If you can tell me WTF this means, I would appreciate it. Bones adapted to the ratio? Again, I wasn't being rude, I was asking to reword. I realize stuff gets mixed up in translation, which I was pointing out for him to fix so the rest of us can help.

Edited by =MGC=Ranger