Sign in to follow this  
Darknyss

Help! Can't seem to get character to load.

I was up late tonight doing the FoY run, and me and a friend of mine finally made it. I logged out and logged back in on my fiancee's character to try it on hers, since she works long hours and doesn't have as much time for this game as I do. My friend immediately started having problems, as he was going to try to help me run through the cave a second time. An error message popped for him stating "you have been kicked by battleye. reason: client not responding." he tried restarting his game several times, but nothing worked. He eventually went to bed. I tried for a while but the fountain moved before I could get to it. I logged back on my character, and at first, I just couldn't transfer my character back to my home server M7. An error message of "could not begin the transfer" kept stopping me from fast travelling. After a few attempts, I got the "you have been kicked by battleeye. Reason: client not responding." Ok, that's weird, whatever. So I reload several times. No dice. I validate my game files. no dice. I click "join new atlas" instead of "rejoin atlas" and chose m7 as my home server, knowing it wouldn't do that, as my character was in f8 and it would just load him there, but at least I could try to fast travel again. Instead, it loads, and I'm greeted by the charcter select screen. My dude is level 52, and I just spent *several* hours getting the buff. I would very much appreciate some help, cuz now I can't even get it to do anything other than attempt to make me create a new character. I'm not rerolling, I'm fine with my character as is. 

thers a hack (probably by either HUnter Douyu or Gucci Gang) going on where no one can transfer servers , might be what is happening to you - read the official atlas discord for more info

Also stuck on loading PrimalGameData_BP, had trouble this morning transfering to a boat parked by the FOY, eventually got there, then couldn't get back, got green map, unable to spawn anywhere, restarted, now keep getting stuck on loading screen, unable to do anything.

Try moving (or renaming) your "Saved" folder to another directory. Often helps with bugged character loading. Probably wise not to delete it as that will reset your key config, your discovered fog of war on the map and named discoveries.

Not really sure on moving my saved folder. I'm unfamiliar with how the save structure on this game works, and how much is saved server side vs client side. I'd be a tad worried I'd do more harm than good. I hope the devs address this really soon, as I'm obviously not the only one having these problems.

yeah, tried the whole saved folder thing, just then forces you to create a new character, so this is not a fix at all 😞