GugoKapet

SUBMARINES ? SRSLY ?

10 hours ago, GugoKapet said:

ATLAS - a massively multiplayer first-and-third-person fantasy pirate adventure. ATLAS will host up to 40,000 players exploring the same Globe simultaneously, with an unprecedented scale of cooperation and conflict! Stake your claim in this endless open world as you conquer territory, construct ships, search for buried treasure, assemble forts, plunder settlements and hire crew to join your powerful growing armada.

Read carefully ! it's not Fantasy MMO with boats ! this is Fantasy MMO about Boats ( Ships )  and pirate adventures , plundering , and building your own armada ...  , for me it's sounds that game about naval actions and ship battles !

P.s i have "Navel Action" too , but that game just different ! in Atlas i like idea , that i can with friends play in one ship and do maritime things ... 

That's selective reading though. This is also from the game description on the store page: 

A Brief History of ATLAS

Long-ago, far above the watery world of ATLAS there once existed a magic-powered “Golden Age”-- where great Empires of the Sky lived at peace alongside magical creatures, flourishing upon floating continents above the clouds, all powered by a magical source of energy known as the Heart of the Goddess, granted by the powerful beings who dwell in the stars beyond. However, a powerful warlord known as Xevos sought to unite the human civilizations over the magickind, and launched a war that broke the Heart into pieces, unleashing a wave of destruction that shattered the floating landmasses and plunged them into the waters below. 

Many generations later, as living memory of the “Sundering” has faded into legend and the once-plentiful magical energy has long since dissipated, descendants of the protectors of the Heart of the Goddess -- known as “Pathfinders” -- emerge from their provincial oceanic lives to explore the new continents and islands, and seek out the power they may yet contain. Across the vast new world they’ll encounter hostile creatures, technological remnants of the Golden Age past, and ultimately the undying spirit of Xevos himself and his soulless “Army of the Damned”, still intent on recovering the pieces of the Heart of the Goddess to raise the continents once again under his vision.

If the latest generation of Pathfinders can outwit and outgun Xevos and his legions, and recover the Heart pieces for themselves, they will be faced with the very same choice: whether to attempt to restore the old world, or build a new better one…

There is no way you should have assumed Atlas is a plain and simple pirate game. As someone else said earlier in this thread, make sure you know what you're buying before you buy it. 

12 hours ago, Caduryn said:

HELL do People not read Game descriptions These Days.....

Impressive…. just...…. impressive…..

If the description is overt 144 characters? TL;DR  :classic_cool:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Midax said:

I think they are gong for a Julies Verne style world. So I won't be surprise if they make an underground map that can accessed from points around the game world.

They mentioned that there will be underwater biomes introduced later during the Livestream.  Subs will be needed to explore them.  At least they haven't started off as weapons...

a low tier wooden dive boat would be more fitting instead of the tek stuff. even a magical airbubble to walk around the sea bed would be more fitting.

it looks like we are going full sails into jetpacks, rocketlaunchers and mecha-dinos again.
that would basically render all the new stuff like ships, cannons, guns, swords useless and make the game exactly like ark. if it is like ark thou it will get a primitive+ for sure just not on the official.

can just hope this is the only tek stuff they add...

Edited by Linea
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Linea said:

a low tier wooden dive boat would be more fitting instead of the tek stuff. even a magical airbubble to walk around the sea bed would be more fitting.

it looks like we are going full sails into jetpacks, rocketlaunchers and mecha-dinos again.
that would basically render all the new stuff like ships, cannons, guns, swords useless and make the game exactly like ark. if it is like ark thou it will get a primitive+ for sure just not on the official.

can just hope this is the only tek stuff they add...

Tbh this Submarine is far away from Tek..... it is more like Steampunk, perfectly Fitting the Game-Lore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caduryn said:

Tbh this Submarine is far away from Tek..... it is more like Steampunk, perfectly Fitting the Game-Lore.

Ya, I'm looking forward to the sub. It won't have any weapons at all they say. Makes you wonder if it will be very hazardous to travel in, or will it be fast enough to escape most danger? I wonder if it will be human or NPC powered, kind of like the row boat (can an NPC row for you?).

To me submarine is great addition because as mostly solo player I'm not able to salvage anything from the ocean without aggroing sharks. Today on the way home from FoY I came across 2 wrecked scooners and 1 sloop. One schooner had few cannons. That's the only thing I managed to see before of course sharks come in. After multiple deaths I gave away and gtfo

14 hours ago, Caduryn said:

Read Store Page, /tread

And it was never advertised as just a Pirate Game....

Pirates is the core concept. The core can be ruined by stretching it too far.. And this submarine does stretch it too far

• Like 1

Read the lore. Steampunk magical tech fits right in. Atlas is not set in the 1600-1700s. It is a future world that has fallen into ruins.  

Because the Cyclops, Fire Elemental, Hydra, Medusa, Golden Age Ruins, and Magic fit so well into the pirate theme.

Atlas will have "Tek" at some point.

I'm assuming that there will be sky islands at some point in the future since the Lore says the current Islands are the remains of a continent in the sky that broke apart and crashed into the sea ages ago... All it will take is rediscovering some of the tech and "magic" from the golden age to be rediscovered.  Hence Airships.

Where the WWI tank and WWII Training Plane from the Devkit fit in, I have no idea... :classic_cool:☕👍

5 hours ago, Adfax said:

Pirates is the core concept. The core can be ruined by stretching it too far.. And this submarine does stretch it too far

LoL Pirates are NOT the core Concept, read the LORE!!

3 hours ago, Hambo said:

I'm assuming that there will be sky islands at some point in the future since the Lore says the current Islands are the remains of a continent in the sky that broke apart and crashed into the sea ages ago... All it will take is rediscovering some of the tech and "magic" from the golden age to be rediscovered.  Hence Airships.

Where the WWI tank and WWII Training Plane from the Devkit fit in, I have no idea... :classic_cool:☕👍

Actually ist a WWI Tank ant those are just in for the Mod-Kit Showcase-Trailer. ^^

7 hours ago, Nari said:

Because the Cyclops, Fire Elemental, Hydra, Medusa, Golden Age Ruins, and Magic fit so well into the pirate theme.

Atlas will have "Tek" at some point.

Of course they do.. What are you even talking about?

Have you never seen pirates of the Caribbean? 

Nobody said anything about real life pirates. More fictional pirates.

Edited by Adfax

10 hours ago, Adfax said:

Nobody said anything about real life pirates. More fictional pirates.

Not to be pedantic but I didn't either. Pirates of the Caribbean is a series of fantasy swashbuckler films. With emphasis on Fantasy.

Atlas is no different.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:00 AM, GugoKapet said:

ATLAS - a massively multiplayer first-and-third-person fantasy pirate adventure. ATLAS will host up to 40,000 players exploring the same Globe simultaneously, with an unprecedented scale of cooperation and conflict! Stake your claim in this endless open world as you conquer territory, construct ships, search for buried treasure, assemble forts, plunder settlements and hire crew to join your powerful growing armada.

Read carefully ! it's not Fantasy MMO with boats ! this is Fantasy MMO about Boats ( Ships )  and pirate adventures , plundering , and building your own armada ...  , for me it's sounds that game about naval actions and ship battles !

P.s i have "Navel Action" too , but that game just different ! in Atlas i like idea , that i can with friends play in one ship and do maritime things ... 

I love how you are fine with the ships handling like race cars, having cannons that do next to no damage to a person, dying and being able to wake up in bed and do it again... oh and dragons, cyclops, yetis, sabertooth tigers, and GIANT cobras, not to mention ghost ships, ghost soldiers, and being able to create any color dye from the same berries? 

Wow, you should really pick your fantasy.

26 minutes ago, Noodled Jenkins said:

Submarine is a big turn off. Hope they rethink it. Thumbs down. Glider suits are also retarded.

To each their own. Nothing is forcing you to use the subs or the glider suits.

I personally love the glider suits. My only wish is that you could make them in your inventory as just when I really need one, I tend not to have one available and can't make it easily.

On 1/22/2019 at 5:16 AM, GugoKapet said:

WHY ?, JUST WHY you do it? stop ruin the game ! Fking Gliders , Submarines , then Helicopters, Airships..... fk it ! I buy this shit be cause i like Pirate theme and naval actions ... 

How DARE they put fun things in a video game?!? Lemme at em! Lemme at em damn it! DON'T HOLD ME BACK YOU BASTARDS LEMME AT EM!

23 hours ago, DilBert said:

Read the lore. Steampunk magical tech fits right in. Atlas is not set in the 1600-1700s. It is a future  magical world that has fallen into ruins.  

Fixed.

23 hours ago, Adfax said:

I don't know that I 100% agree that it stretches it too far, but if it doesn't, it's so close to that line that instant replay won't be conclusive. And I agree that while pirate/fantasy does give them an out (remember we had a pretty lengthy disagreement about this with regards to age a while back), there's a practical limit to how far they can stretch, and that practical limit is defined by the point at which they turn off a large percentage of the playerbase who are here primarily for pirates and sailing.

The submarine they *might* get away with. The flying boat thing on the forum masthead? Yeah, no. That thing ain't gonna fly with the folks who want a more traditional pirate experience. (pardon the pun)

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

I don't know that I 100% agree that it stretches it too far, but if it doesn't, it's so close to that line that instant replay won't be conclusive. And I agree that while pirate/fantasy does give them an out (remember we had a pretty lengthy disagreement about this with regards to age a while back), there's a practical limit to how far they can stretch, and that practical limit is defined by the point at which they turn off a large percentage of the playerbase who are here primarily for pirates and sailing.

The submarine they *might* get away with. The flying boat thing on the forum masthead? Yeah, no. That thing ain't gonna fly with the folks who want a more traditional pirate experience. (pardon the pun)

The other side is that the underwater environment just boast to many possibilities and there need to be more ways to explore and even live there.
So the sub is a must but it had not to be one with a high tech power generator and stuff rather more the steampunk way. https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/steampunk-steam-submarine-3d-model/800518 as an example, turn it upside down and you have an airship as well 😉 

High tech energy generators is quiet a big step in the direction of laserguns and cruise missiles stuff. If you can build such energy generators on a sub its hard to tell why you couldnt do so on ships and bases.

Plenty of people misunderstood (and still do) ARK as a Stone Age survival game with Dinos but it never was. From the very beginning Tek was present it just wasn't craftable. Atlas will follow a similar path. All the hints are there in game and in lore. If your interpretation of their promotional material was anything but fantasy then this is not the Pirate game you signed up for.

• Like 1