GugoKapet

SUBMARINES ? SRSLY ?

WHY ?, JUST WHY you do it? stop ruin the game ! Fking Gliders , Submarines , then Helicopters, Airships..... fk it ! I buy this shit be cause i like Pirate theme and naval actions ... 

• Like 7

How about TEK stuff? But you only get the TEK stuff on one secret place on the map where all players meet at once and you only can do the quest with the age of 23 years and a milk bucket in the right, let me repeat this, RIGHT hand! Sound unrealistic, i don´t think so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I understand  if they add to game wooden " diving bell " with glass windows or something like that , but did you see that shit in last Captains logs what they want add to game ? captain's " Nemo "  full metal submarine with futuristic claws ... fucking perfect for game setting ! Okay,  in that game have minor magic , dragons , and other mystical bullshit ... but core of the game still pirate theme ! I hope in DEV team have man who tell " fuck we made another one ARK here " let's roll back and remove that shit )))

• Like 1

Atlas is a Pirate Fantasy Game...… 

Nothing wrong with Submarine

I mean….. Steam Store discription….:

A Brief History of ATLAS

Long-ago, far above the watery world of ATLAS there once existed a magic-powered “Golden Age”-- where great Empires of the Sky lived at peace alongside magical creatures, flourishing upon floating continents above the clouds, all powered by a magical source of energy known as the Heart of the Goddess, granted by the powerful beings who dwell in the stars beyond. However, a powerful warlord known as Xevos sought to unite the human civilizations over the magickind, and launched a war that broke the Heart into pieces, unleashing a wave of destruction that shattered the floating landmasses and plunged them into the waters below. 

Many generations later, as living memory of the “Sundering” has faded into legend and the once-plentiful magical energy has long since dissipated, descendants of the protectors of the Heart of the Goddess -- known as “Pathfinders” -- emerge from their provincial oceanic lives to explore the new continents and islands, and seek out the power they may yet contain. Across the vast new world they’ll encounter hostile creatures, technological remnants of the Golden Age past, and ultimately the undying spirit of Xevos himself and his soulless “Army of the Damned”, still intent on recovering the pieces of the Heart of the Goddess to raise the continents once again under his vision.

If the latest generation of Pathfinders can outwit and outgun Xevos and his legions, and recover the Heart pieces for themselves, they will be faced with the very same choice: whether to attempt to restore the old world, or build a new better one…

Edited by Caduryn

Well, stop the rage. These unarmed submarines are just for exploration of the 7 ? seas.

Although, as a german, i would love some torpedo subs to sink you all ! 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

Atlas is a Pirate Fantasy Game...… 

Nothing wrong with Submarine

Okay , in that logic why not add for example wooden Rockets , sharks with laser beams on head , BFG9k for example will be good weapon in that game if you need clear whole island ? it's just Fantasy game ... why not ?

Edited by GugoKapet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GugoKapet said:

WHY ?, JUST WHY you do it? stop ruin the game ! Fking Gliders , Submarines , then Helicopters, Airships..... fk it ! I buy this shit be cause i like Pirate theme and naval actions ... 

So.. we sail the seas in a ship at the age of 95+, past whales with 6 extremities, countless glowy ships crewed by undead only to land on an Island (with Dinosaurs, undead and Dragons) to drink from a magic fountain to regain our youth... the subway is what is getting to you? 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Talono said:

Well, stop the rage. These unarmed submarines are just for exploration of the 7 ? seas.

Although, as a german, i would love some torpedo subs to sink you all ! 😛

Uboats ? why not ? ) 

2 minutes ago, GugoKapet said:

Okay , in that logic why not add for example wooden Rockets , sharks with laser beams on head , BFG10k for example will be good weapon in that game if you need clear whole island ? it's just Fantasy game ... why not ?

Next time read Game descriptions before spam "buy" Button....?

Just an idea…..

Did you also raged About Ark not being a Dino-only Game....?

Edited by Caduryn

Agreed this kind of silly stuff doesn't belong in a pirate game. Gliders are bad enough are very OP in their current state and now they want to bring in more stuff that doesn't fit.

Terrible design decisions on the part of the devs.

• Like 2

For me the high-tech submarine was a big let down and turn off.

So now we not only have dragons and cyclops etc. now we also got high-tech machinery. And let´s be honest, it´s not going to stop there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shintai said:

For me the high-tech submarine was a big let down and turn off.

So now we not only have dragons and cyclops etc. now we also got high-tech machinery. And let´s be honest, it´s not going to stop there.

As long as you cant weaponize them you literally dont see them 😉 So its rather easy to ignore them...

HELL do People not read Game descriptions These Days.....

Impressive…. just...…. impressive…..

• Like 1

Its like  buying a CAR, and then complaining because IT IS a CAR...…..                  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

Its like  buying a CAR, and then complaining because IT IS a CAR...…..                  

This game was advertised with an emphasis on the pirate theme (youtube for example) ! most of people buying this because they seeing ship battles , not another one boring MMO RPG where you fight against the dragons and forces of evil ... that obvious reaction from people to air crafts , submarines , futuristic shit ... this is Alpha version , early access , we have chance to do game better if dev will be listen sometimes to  game community !

• Like 2

You are going to see all the smaller companies getting submarines so they can avoid the large companies. Guess the large companies just won’t have anyone to attack anymore lol

2 minutes ago, GugoKapet said:

This game was advertised with an emphasis on the pirate theme (youtube for example) ! most of people buying this because they seeing ship battles , not another one boring MMO RPG where you fight against the dragons and forces of evil ... that obvious reaction from people to air crafts , submarines , futuristic shit ... this is Alpha version , early access , we have chance to do game better if dev will be listen sometimes to  game community !

Read Store Page, /tread

And it was never advertised as just a Pirate Game....

It's a fantasy mmo with boats.. if you want a age of sale type sim look at naval action.. 

A diving bell would be cool though.  Maybe with a limited articulation arm and storage?  Not to far fetched.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

It's a fantasy mmo with boats.. if you want a age of sale type sim look at naval action.. 

ATLAS - a massively multiplayer first-and-third-person fantasy pirate adventure. ATLAS will host up to 40,000 players exploring the same Globe simultaneously, with an unprecedented scale of cooperation and conflict! Stake your claim in this endless open world as you conquer territory, construct ships, search for buried treasure, assemble forts, plunder settlements and hire crew to join your powerful growing armada.

Read carefully ! it's not Fantasy MMO with boats ! this is Fantasy MMO about Boats ( Ships )  and pirate adventures , plundering , and building your own armada ...  , for me it's sounds that game about naval actions and ship battles !

P.s i have "Navel Action" too , but that game just different ! in Atlas i like idea , that i can with friends play in one ship and do maritime things ... 

Edited by GugoKapet
  • Like 2

Okay , in that logic why not add for example wooden Rockets , sharks with laser beams on head , BFG9k for example will be good weapon in that game if you need clear whole island ? it's just Fantasy game ... why not ?

So I think there are legitimate points on both sides of this debate.

On the one hand, people can say, well it's not pure pirate themed, it's pirate/fantasy, so that gives them an out to put stuff in. (I would point out that a working metal submarine is neither fantasy nor age of exploration specific, since such things weren't in use until at least the american civil war, and even then were poorly working early designs at best.)

On the other, the counterpoint to this is to say "Yeah but I bought this game because I like sailing and pirates, not for that other junk." To the extent that GrapeCard ignores this sentiment if widely held amongst not only it's playerbase, but potential players, it does so to it and the game's detriment. 

In the end I think the game's developers should tread very carefully in deciding how far they want to stretch the pirate/sailing theme from it's core appeal, because to do so is to risk losing a lot of people. I say this not as someone particularly enamored with pirates and sailing, because to be frank I'm not (my gaming partner loves them), but as someone with a background in marketing looking at this through a business decision lens.

Edited by boomervoncannon

3 hours ago, Grongash said:

As long as you cant weaponize them you literally dont see them 😉 So its rather easy to ignore them...

They will be a must have at some point. And they wont be the last we see to the high-tech line.

I think they are gong for a Julies Verne style world. So I won't be surprise if they make an underground map that can accessed from points around the game world.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GugoKapet said:

ATLAS - a massively multiplayer first-and-third-person fantasy pirate adventure. ATLAS will host up to 40,000 players exploring the same Globe simultaneously, with an unprecedented scale of cooperation and conflict! Stake your claim in this endless open world as you conquer territory, construct ships, search for buried treasure, assemble forts, plunder settlements and hire crew to join your powerful growing armada.

Read carefully ! it's not Fantasy MMO with boats ! this is Fantasy MMO about Boats ( Ships )  and pirate adventures , plundering , and building your own armada ...  , for me it's sounds that game about naval actions and ship battles !

P.s i have "Navel Action" too , but that game just different ! in Atlas i like idea , that i can with friends play in one ship and do maritime things ... 

You should also read carefully…: https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/37503-submarines-srsly/&do=findComment&comment=184326

Ist About the Lore of Atlas, meaning…. what this Game is About.