Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Slower decay rates in the freeports please !

Dear devs,

just to do something for your customers : Could you please decrease the ship decay rate in freeports a little bit ?

Meanwhile ships sunk to this really exceed loss from pirates, SOD, trolls, chinese, regular 1:1 sea battles and tornados.

Thanks in advance !

freeports are not meant to be places you stay in for a long time they are places u go to shop , 

as it will be later when player shops are added , decay needs to be shorter once the shops are added otherwise we will see hundreds of ships all parked up with bed for porting to them , causing massive lag and connection issues for buyers / new players 

players need to start thining longer term not just have short term it affects me now 

Edited by UDO

Maybe an hour delay before decay begins so that we don't feel like we need to repair every time we visit before we go to sea again?

2 minutes ago, ViperGuyMike said:

Maybe an hour delay before decay begins so that we don't feel like we need to repair every time we visit before we go to sea again?

that could work , 

aye need a delay timer top of your screen or something, example you dock and got x amount of time do your stuff in port and then decay starts hitting  , i always rushed into freeports to do my things but i actually want to stock up on items-resources also not babysit my ship 😛

45 minutes ago, Talono said:

Dear devs,

just to do something for your customers : Could you please decrease the ship decay rate in freeports a little bit ?

No.  Freeport is a place where you don't hang around, because nobody wants the lagfest we saw on release day.

2 hours ago, UDO said:

freeports are not meant to be places you stay in for a long time they are places u go to shop , 

So what are my options if i'm planning for a multi-day trip somewhere, or am i not allowed to do such trips?

Let's see. Park at freeport for a night? No.

Park at lawless? No.

Park near some random island full of people i don't know and can't really trust even if the say i can? No.

So...

Edited by LaiTash

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

So what are my options if i'm planning for a multi-day trip somewhere, or am i not allowed to do such trips?

Let's see. Park at freeport for a night? No.

Park at lawless? No.

Park near some random island full of people i don't know and can't really trust even if the say i can? No.

So...

i've had ships parked in open sea overnight with no issues , the only place they decay fast is freeport , 

whats stopping u anchoring in lawless zone u gave no explanation , 

even floating about on sea u dont decay overnight, i havnt as of yet .. 

anchor up on the nearest non freeport island , i dont see the issue ?

2 hours ago, ViperGuyMike said:

Like that.  I would even be ok with a HIGHER rate of decay after an hour of no decay.   Get in and out.

3 hours ago, ViperGuyMike said:

Good suggestion 

48 minutes ago, UDO said:

whats stopping u anchoring in lawless zone u gave no explanation , 

I have a garage, a wall, shittons of cannons and stuff, and people to defend by boat if none of that helps at my island. I'll have none of that near some lawless island you know.

Reducing decay rate with 50% and then add a 1 hour timer before it starts when entering the area would be good.