Ctrl-Alt-Rage

No Building Allowed Trolls

38 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Or you just join a community (with of without own server) with large unofficial maps, stay with building on your own grid so your stuff is forever safe until you stop playing it. Then just download the files. Want to come back after 4 months? Place the files in the folder and bam, you can continue playing on your map you created!

I dont understand what you're saying? You can connect your own grid to others? If so that'd be brilliant tbh 

18 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I dont understand what you're saying? You can connect your own grid to others? If so that'd be brilliant tbh 

Yes you can. 

It's ultimately a mechanic that after my company told me what happened - I've logged in once in the last 3 days as opposed to me logging in every day for a minimum of 2-4 hours throughout a 24 hour period. 

While I may not match the primary demographic (I'm 36 and don't have the option to play 6-10+ hours a day because I run a couple companies) I'm still a dedicated player hoping the game's faults get hashed out. 

Where it stands right now - I'm confused on why the Devs thought this mechanic was a good one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dexter said:

YES! 

Official

• Bugs will destroy your stuff, even galleons 😞
  • Support is extremely terrible
  • No enforced rules

Unofficial

• Owner can delete your stuff without any reason - just because you looked at him funny
  • Bored with the game? Dont pay the server fees, all is gone
  • Constant dependence on random strangers you dont know
  • Alternative is to pay a large fee for a TINY fraction of sectors you get on official, own the thing yourself, constantly push for more people to join - a never ending cycle

PVE - Official

PVP - Unofficial

I play on a 5x5.  I assure you that's big enough to keep you happy.  Unless you have 100 hours per week to put into the game.

A sailing excursion on this map, can take you all day, and the next, to explore everything.  I played official too.  I don't feel any difference on this server, as far as size goes. 

As for the owner deleting your stuff because they don't like you...find a good, stable community.  There are many, like Booty Bay, where we play, or Red Rex, or AGB on ARK, both of which I played...one PVE and one PvP.  These have stable communities that keep the bills paid, and the Admins aren't A-holes.  The Admins on Red Rex are the friendliest you have ever met.  PvE Admins can be a lot nicer though.  Like, your whole base disappeared in a glitch?  Yeah, they will help you out.  Found the people to be generally really friendly on both Red Rex, and AGB.  Booty Bay, it's a very big community like AGB, so you get a mixed bag, like official.  Some people you run into are cool, and some aren't.  But both are PvP, so you kind of want that.  Gives you somebody to fight.

• Like 2

That was really the only appeal I had with an official PVE server - just sailing around and seeing "other life".

It was neat for me to travel to distant islands and see other boats pass by - giving me a wave. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 1:12 AM, UDO said:

maybe just maybe you should have asked in global chat first instead of just assuming they had left it neutral on purpose ? then moaning that they changed it 😕

While this may be true in this particular case, and I agree you have a point about this particular case, the underlying issue is unchanged. We all know inevitably there will be many instances if the mechanic is left as is, of land owners giving permission, then changing their minds just to be jerkholes. Thanks to the OP for posting to point out this flaw in current design. 

• Like 1

And to touch on that comment too - I actually did send out a global message to the cell asking if anyone from that particular company was on. But no one replied after multiple attempts. 

They also own/claimed most of the island in question so it wasn't like I was doing anything that could hurt their current layout.

This whole land claim thing is really silly. It should be limited to the amount of people in the company. (1-5 people = 1 claim, 6-10 people 2 claims, etc.)

2 hours ago, Ctrl-Alt-Rage said:

And to touch on that comment too - I actually did send out a global message to the cell asking if anyone from that particular company was on. But no one replied after multiple attempts. 

They also own/claimed most of the island in question so it wasn't like I was doing anything that could hurt their current layout.

This whole land claim thing is really silly. It should be limited to the amount of people in the company. (1-5 people = 1 claim, 6-10 people 2 claims, etc.)

That is insane low and not possible to work with.

Reason: Every Player Needs a Landclaim and a Seaclaim for Ships because Landclaims are too small for the Big Ships. 

1 Claim for 5 People is just ill.

1 hour ago, Caduryn said:

That is insane low and not possible to work with.

Reason: Every Player Needs a Landclaim and a Seaclaim for Ships because Landclaims are too small for the Big Ships. 

1 Claim for 5 People is just ill.

I disagree.  We put a claim down, and you can get several ships into that area quite nicely.  They could, however, create a claim that is just for ports...that have a larger area, but have to be placed in the water, near shore.

Also, how land claims work for PvP and PvE, need to be very different.  PvE claims definitely need to be limited, PER company, not per person.  And so what you claim, not how much land you claim, becomes the point.  You want to claim resources, not just large areas of land.  Then, you trade what you have, for what you don't have.   This would also keep the companies a bit smaller.  The Devs should tweek this such that there is an ideal size company...say 75 to 100 people, max.  Maybe smaller.  Like 50 people would be ideal.  You allow more claims per person up to a max per company.

Resources spawn so slowly it's not worth letting someone else build on your land. Even with 30% tax they're just preventing resources from respawning. Unless you own an entire island it's always better to deny people building rights on your land. The 30% I get from them doing this is less than what I lose from you preventing resource spawns, and since there are more people around, we're fighting over resources so I'm getting even less.

Most of us do not own enough land to just allow other people to build on it (and I've got about 20 claims down).

On 1/22/2019 at 8:36 PM, Lynx said:

Global chat is only for one grid, not the entire server.

The Devs should have added MMO type communication systems. Better chat, private messages, mail boxes for offiline messages for the various timezones.

exactly he was in a grid should have asked in global chat(grid chat) , the owner of the land in the grid he built on 😕 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 2:55 PM, Percieval said:

Yes you can. 

What do you mean connect your own grid to another community?

4 hours ago, Kackalack said:

What do you mean connect your own grid to another community?

If you have a server, and your friend has one, you can connect them together. Make sure 1 of you has a main and the other server is an expansion server. But if you have 10 friends playing it you can make 10 grids. 

Like someone said ! Would be maybe better you would have just ask , before you build and the owner change the status !

EDIT : I just saw a post where u said you did ask !You still just started building without waiting for a reply..........

Oh i know someone will say he is tired of Comments like that but you come much more far if you ask nice!

If someone comes and starts building without asking i sure understand the owner of changing the status of the Flag.Specialy since he maybe realise that it is one of the Flags he forgot to change.

In our Region peole ask if they can have a peace of land ! And guess what, in 99% they get a peace of land .Since i am in this Region i NEVER saw any negative going on because People are friendly and helpfull . Yes on official pve btw

Edited by Astanias

That's great and all on the topic of asking nicely - which I did. Multiple times over a day or so. 

The thing you're forgetting - is that the company in question literally owned 75% of the island in question.

Also - every claim flag of theirs is just a flag with a bed next to it so they can just teleport to it if it were ever contested (another very, very dumb mechanic).

And the area I was building on was an area they were never at or go to. I know this because for a week I was building there and never once saw anyone from the company - or even a chat message. 

I'm sure we'll agree to disagree - but that's irrelevant. I've not even logged on since it happened and probably won't again. I'll consider renting my own server and playing on that if I can get a following to join it so the server has "life". But right now with how things are going - I'm not going to invest anything until the faults get ironed out - if ever. 

And in a weird way of sympathy toward the company in question - they can't demolish my building either. 

So the mechanic screwed over both of us. Which I guess is a subtle form of delicious irony.