Sign in to follow this  
robin trilliams

GLOBALLY BANNED???

so I just went to sign into my server and it says ive been banned? extremely confused as to hwy this happened. can anyone point me in the right direction on how to contact devs to straighten this out

2 minutes ago, robin trilliams said:

I was globally banned, is this permanent or temp?

Is it on official? and does it say VAC ban? it may be perma ban due to TOS and warnings from the devs they took a strong policy on it.

2 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Is it on official? and does it say VAC ban? it may be perma ban due to TOS and warnings from the devs they took a strong policy on it.

yes on na pve official and it just says I was globally banned and so was the other in my company. weve had no warning in the past. we were on early today and got off for a few hours and now we cannot get back in

Edited by robin trilliams
  • Haha 1

Just now, robin trilliams said:

yes on na pve official and it just says I was globally banned and so was the other in my company

Yup your blacklisted on official most likely.

2 hours ago, robin trilliams said:

so I just went to sign into my server and it says ive been banned? extremely confused as to hwy this happened. can anyone point me in the right direction on how to contact devs to straighten this out

1 hour ago, robin trilliams said:

banned for being "racist" meanwhile there are kids out here cheating left and right aand the devs do nothing about. sounds about right....

Did you know about the racist thing before hand or were you pretending to be confused. 

I can see how you might have just seen banned without looking at the reason why, but I am just wondering why you didn’t look at the reason before the first post

58 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Permanent, I would think.  You might have to look at some unofficial servers.

Unless the ban extends to those also.

No, since people use their own money to pay for Unofficials wildcard has no control over it. Pretty much why they can do whatever they want on unofficial servers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, archaegeo said:

Umm, they are banning for both.

Bye now.

Go practice being a better human being.

Well said 🙂 Its mind boggling when people get upset for being punished for being racist in a public game or forum.  

If you choose to act like a jerk then take your lumps.

If it was truly a misunderstanding then appeal it and I'm sure you'll be fine.   I doubt that's the case tho.  Kids these days think it's funny to be racist.  Which is sooooo stupid and childish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, robin trilliams said:

yes on na pve official and it just says I was globally banned and so was the other in my company. weve had no warning in the past. we were on early today and got off for a few hours and now we cannot get back in

Why would you do or say racist things?  I mean seriously...how old are you?  Do you realize how easy it is to take a screenshot if somebody says something racist, or abusive in chat?  Any moron can do it.  Or maybe you were doing it in local voice?  I can turn on Shadowplay in a split second and record the audio and video very easily, and have it uploaded to YouTube in a private video to share with the devs, and not take long to do that.

Why not just play the game?  Why do people feel the need to be fucktards in game, to vent their real life frustrations?  Sane people go to games to get away from that garbage.  I hope you learn from this.  There are consequences for being an A-hole.  Try not to be one in the future.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Why would you do or say racist things?  I mean seriously...how old are you?  Do you realize how easy it is to take a screenshot if somebody says something racist, or abusive in chat?  Any moron can do it.  Or maybe you were doing it in local voice?  I can turn on Shadowplay in a split second and record the audio and video very easily, and have it uploaded to YouTube in a private video to share with the devs, and not take long to do that.

Why not just play the game?  Why do people feel the need to be fucktards in game, to vent their real life frustrations?  Sane people go to games to get away from that garbage.  I hope you learn from this.  There are consequences for being an A-hole.  Try not to be one in the future.

Wow. Tore that guy a new one jack 😂🏆

• Thanks 2

Yeah, I believe the studio is based in the UK where there is no First Amendment and racism is whatever whoever is in charge says it is. Not that it applies in this case anyways. A business owner can and should have the power to control the content on their own servers. However, I don't see why they are banning people for racism but not all of the swearing and religious bigotry? Where is all this fairness and equality I keep hearing the snowflakes preach about? They should ban everyone who offends anyone else, right? That would be really educational! I'm not condoning racism by any means, as I believe ALL are created equal, but I sure as hell wont condone silencing anyone either...I'm a big enough boy to handle it. If you live in the US, just be glad you have have the freedom to say whatever you want, for now at least.

Edited by ViperGuyMike
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, ViperGuyMike said:

Yeah, I believe the studio is based in the UK where there is no First Amendment and racism is whatever whoever is in charge says it is. Not that it applies in this case anyways. A business owner can and should have the power to control the content on their own servers. However, I don't see why they are banning people for racism but not all of the swearing and religious bigotry? Where is all this fairness and equality I keep hearing the snowflakes preach about? They should ban everyone who offends anyone else, right? That would be really educational! I'm not condoning racism by any means, as I believe ALL are created equal, but I sure as hell wont condone silencing anyone either...I'm a big enough boy to handle it. If you live in the US, just be glad you have have the freedom to say whatever you want, for now at least.

It would be nice if they banned the Megas/streamers. Just saying. Don’t really have a good reason but it would be cool. So many streamers nowadays or total sjw’s. They ban you for the smallest things. Not even curse words or anything. Totally pathetic 

5 hours ago, robin trilliams said:

I was globally banned, is this permanent or temp?

Hopefully permanent!  Whatever the reason, it was probably justified.

As someone else commented, hopefully now you have the time to practice being a better human being.  Byeee~!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, robin trilliams said:

banned for being "racist"...

Excellent news!  So the Devs CAN do something right after all.  🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robin trilliams said:

Take advantage of ban time to learn to be a better person.

• Like 3

A cool new nail in the games coffin. Of course it is fully ok to ban racists and cheaters.

But as always, the accused person is not contacted to give him the chance to defend himself against the accusition.

It is not like in a democracy, more like in „Judge Dread“, so devs are police and law combined in one person😂

If you are guilty or not will not be checked. So you are always guilty if some clown reports you with a false accusition.

Edited by Talono

7 hours ago, ViperGuyMike said:

Actually they are based in Washington.

I find it confusing that that you don't see why a company offering a live service bans people for racism... or why you seem to think racism can be equated with swearing... for fuck sake dude... 😉

You rant about snowflakes and personal freedoms... but it sounds like you really just want to be free to be a dick.
I couldn't see a handy link to the Atlas code of conduct, so here's a quote from Ark's:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/

Misconduct

Behaviour, Chat, and Interaction With Others

Interactions with other players or Studio Wildcard employees through text chat, voice chat, and signs or paintings must adhere to the rules below and you cannot use an alternative spelling to circumvent restrictions.

Ensure that you do not:

> Offend - this includes but is not limited to language which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive.

> Post Personal Information - belonging to someone else in the game, or any Official websites or forums related to the game.

> Harass, Stalk, Threaten - such as sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to specific users/tribes and can include but not limited to those sexual in nature or messages that would cause discomfort.

> Disrupt the game - such as intentionally causing the chat screen to scroll faster than other users are able to read, or setting up macros with large amounts of text that, when used, have a disruptive effect on the normal flow of Chat.

> Promote - do not send messages which are advertisements for inappropriate topics, including scamming, hacking, exploits or the sale of goods and services unless trading within the game for game specific resources, for example, 50 Stone for 1 Polymer, A trike for a Rex, etc.

> Real-money trading (RMT) - ARK items, creatures, or services must only be exchanged for other items, creatures, or services within the game. Trading for real-world currency (real money) is not an accepted form of trading.

Edited by tateybread
spelling
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Talono said:

A cool new nail in the games coffin. Of course it is fully ok to ban racists and cheaters.

But as always, the accused person is not contacted to give him the chance to defend himself against the accusition.

It is not like in a democracy, more like in „Judge Dread“, so devs are police and law combined in one person😂

If you are guilty or not will not be checked. So you are always guilty if some clown reports you with a false accusition.

It's not a democracy they own and run the game.. if they chose to ban someone for being racist or cheating then that's up to them. 

Players should not do things like that. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NMR said:

Ofcourse i see the problem.

But isnt it funny tbh.

The devs only takes action when they are flamed. They do nothing about all other things that actually players are worried about.

I personally play this game solo. How hard is it for a dev to enter admin mode ingame and for an example give an ship that took a week to build back to someone that lost it to the yellow gook midget kim jong un wannabe chinese fucktards with small willys that sunked it due to the weight exploit. Its things like that and other broken things that made me flame the hell out of these p12 devs that cant do anything right.

So yes. I hope they all die in cancer.

I paid for this. I choose a pve server to sail around and have fun.

I havent had anything fun in this game only being frustrated to all exploiters and cheaters. And devs doesnt care. 

You need a mirror badly.  You are so toxic I need to take a shower just from hitting the quote button.

Its angry and vitriolic people like you that make this world suck.

Learn to be helpful not toxic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NMR said:

Ofcourse i see the problem.

But isnt it funny tbh.

The devs only takes action when they are flamed. They do nothing about all other things that actually players are worried about.

I personally play this game solo. How hard is it for a dev to enter admin mode ingame and for an example give an ship that took a week to build back to someone that lost it to the yellow gook midget kim jong un wannabe chinese fucktards with small willys that sunked it due to the weight exploit. Its things like that and other broken things that made me flame the hell out of these p12 devs that cant do anything right.

So yes. I hope they all die in cancer.

I paid for this. I choose a pve server to sail around and have fun.

I havent had anything fun in this game only being frustrated to all exploiters and cheaters. And devs doesnt care. 

if they way u are behaving in this thread is anything to go by and you were same in game , i would say u deserved everything u got , to include but not limited to ships being sunk , and game ban 

bye the world in general can well do without people like you , sad to say but if act like this in real life i feel sorry for you and anyone around you 😞

• Like 2