Sign in to follow this  
Lanky

how does taming work now?

With the last patch taming became such a pain in the ass. anybody got tips on how to tame now because pinning doesn't help anymore.

They need a whole new taming process that isn't so absurd, and doesn't resemble animal abuse.

Knocking an animal's health down to near death should not be part of the process.  Even ARK seemed more realistic than this, and ARK was far more of a fantasy setting than this is. 

This will be one more reason to play unofficial, as I am sure that more immersive taming mods will be out within several months.  They had some for ARK.

• Like 1

its brutal to tame right now you have to just keep killing yourself over and over to tame

• Like 1

We tamed a few things a couple different ways last night.

1. We left half the pen open and let the Ele run into the small gate to shoot from there, then we fed from about the tummy area. (only got hit 4 times)
2. We full pen tamed a rhino, as usual we got inside with the rhino and fed from the top of its head. (hit 8 times though)
3. Free roam tamed an Ostrich. We just followed it around since it didn't seem to run very far. (Had one guy watching for aggressive/shooting and one guy taming)

1 hour ago, Asanna said:

. (Had one guy watching for aggressive/shooting and one guy taming)

That’s our process too, one shoots and  other person tames. while taming the guy that shoot stands back a little, so the animal lose the “agro” and doesn’t hit during feeding time.

So far is the only thing working...

Have you guys tried breeding tho?

One of the guys in my group had to light 10 or so fireplaces and a bunch of torches to keep the baby bear happy, same when the female bear was pregnant, this pregnansy took 6 hours.

Then the baby got born and he feed it berries for 12 freaking hours, the bear got 22% was juvenile, but could not eat by himself. The guy had to give up and just let the juvenile bear die. 

How are you supposed to breed animals if you have to afk feed it for hours on end and doing shifts feeding it, 8 hours ea, just to get a slightly better animal than the one you get in the wild. (LVL 36)

1 hour ago, WickedCricket said:

Have you guys tried breeding tho?

One of the guys in my group had to light 10 or so fireplaces and a bunch of torches to keep the baby bear happy, same when the female bear was pregnant, this pregnansy took 6 hours.

Then the baby got born and he feed it berries for 12 freaking hours, the bear got 22% was juvenile, but could not eat by himself. The guy had to give up and just let the juvenile bear die. 

How are you supposed to breed animals if you have to afk feed it for hours on end and doing shifts feeding it, 8 hours ea, just to get a slightly better animal than the one you get in the wild. (LVL 36)

Because the Devs don't know how to make a game that is not directed at Megas.  They assume the Mega will have their people work in shifts to raise a baby...for many many hours.  They have no concept, it seems, that this is a game...not a job.

For the life of me, I have no idea whey anyone plays official.  Get to an unofficial, where this buffoonery doesn't have to happen.

• Like 1