Sign in to follow this  
FountainOfScrewUsRight

Thanks again for no region locks

Sure am glad to login only for our entire fleet to be sank to the traitorous Chinese guilds. 

PSA Do not ally with JacKman, Band of Brothers, or Super Gentlemen. All they will do is offline raid you because these money grubbing devs refuse to region lock China from the game. Gotta have that fucking cash grab, just ignore they are the biggest scumbag players there are. Sure am glad there's a point to playing NA when half the player base is in fucking China so they can just offline raid everyone. THANKS DEVS, assholes. 

• Like 1

You’re calling someone assholes for something they can’t do anything against, nice one. 

10 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You’re calling someone assholes for something they can’t do anything against, nice one. 

Well, he has a point, why have an "NA" or "EU" if there is no way to enforce/filter out individuals from connecting to those servers that are not from those regions? They certainly can do something about this and should have from the start. They could easily have their servers drop connections with pings that are above a certain threshold.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Well, he has a point, why have an "NA" or "EU" if there is no way to enforce/filter out individuals from connecting to those servers that are not from those regions?

He would have a point if region locking would actually work, but countless games and developers have proven that it isn’t possible. The only people it might have effect on are the ones that don’t know anything, and I’m not sure those are the ones you need to worry about. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Percieval said:

......the devs absolutely can region lock them out and open an oceanic server. With all of the survival games out there that CSTG, Pink2Gays, JacKman, and all the reset always join and always do the same shit on there is no way they can say "Oh we didn't know they'd play like locusts despite that's what they do every single time they are allowed in the NA servers in a survival game." Fuck that noise, they knew, they knew it would cost actual NA players too, but they don't care because the Chinese guilds will use hacks and bots, if they get banned they just get a new copy of the game. Just means a constant stream of revenue for the devs. Not region locking them is literally nothing but a cash grab. 

1 minute ago, FountainOfScrewUsRight said:

......the devs absolutely can region lock them out and open an oceanic server. With all of the survival games out there that CSTG, Pink2Gays, JacKman, and all the reset always join and always do the same shit on there is no way they can say "Oh we didn't know they'd play like locusts despite that's what they do every single time they are allowed in the NA servers in a survival game." Fuck that noise, they knew, they knew it would cost actual NA players too, but they don't care because the Chinese guilds will use hacks and bots, if they get banned they just get a new copy of the game. Just means a constant stream of revenue for the devs. Not region locking them is literally nothing but a cash grab. 

I’m saying the suggestion you’re saying won’t do anything, chinese aren’t looking for their own server, they want to screw NA and EU players, all they care about. Atleast that’s where I’m going for because of my experiences on ARK and PUBG. 

Edited by Percieval

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

He would have a point if region locking would actually work, but countless games and developers have proven that it isn’t possible. The only people it might have effect on are the ones that don’t know anything, and I’m not sure those are the ones you need to worry about. 

While an IP region lock can easily be circumvented with a VPN. A ping based region lock would be effective.

2 minutes ago, FountainOfScrewUsRight said:

cash grab

You just now realizing this?

1 minute ago, Lynx said:

While an IP region lock can easily be circumvented with a VPN. A ping based region lock would be effective.

You just now realizing this?

Not sure if it would work since the NA servers are also based in EU, atleast people said so on the forums. 

Just now, Percieval said:

I’m saying the suggestion you’re having won’t do anything, chinese aren’t looking for their own server, they want to screw NA and EU players, all they care about. Atleast that’s where I’m going for because of my experiences on ARK and PUBG. 

Region lock and use a known VPN database to VPN block. You can also limit by ping like Lynx suggested. All things that can be easily done. All things that aren't done just to sell copies. 

3 minutes ago, FountainOfScrewUsRight said:

Region lock and use a known VPN database to VPN block. You can also limit by ping like Lynx suggested. All things that can be easily done. All things that aren't done just to sell copies. 

I don't get the number of people buying Atlas thinking it will be different from Ark, in terms of server (mis)management, bad decisions, anarchy/exploits/etc, and a non-support support ticket system.

• Like 1

Well Im from Aus and I know a lot of Aussie players. I also play with friends from all over the world - if they region lock me to eu or oceanic I wont be playing. You forget there is a lot of us that would be stuck with the chinese players if they region locked it. I for one am glad it isn't region locked, chinese or not.

1 hour ago, vaylain said:

Well, he has a point, why have an "NA" or "EU" if there is no way to enforce/filter out individuals from connecting to those servers that are not from those regions? They certainly can do something about this and should have from the start. They could easily have their servers drop connections with pings that are above a certain threshold.

I find it funny that both the NA and EU server are in the same location.  Oh and I am a NA player who plays on the EU server, why?  Because a lot of my friends from other games are from the EU, AUS, and NZ.   So you want to screw over what we have come to call the midnight or breakfast club.   

I cant stand the Chinese hacktards, but for the most part they are just bad players who rely on broken mechanics and numbers.   No different than the Russians back a few years ago.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FountainOfScrewUsRight said:

Judging from the people having issues with BattlEye booting them due to "Client timeout" issue I would imagine the ping solution could be tweaked enough to be effective.

Yeah some people would get fucked over, that sucks, but it's better than playing in a game full of these assholes who use every cheat/glitch/hack they possibly can. Totally a point to building bases or boats when they can just glitch into your base, then pull everything out of locked boxes without breaking them. 

7 hours ago, FountainOfScrewUsRight said:

Sure am glad to login only for our entire fleet to be sank to the traitorous Chinese guilds. 

PSA Do not ally with JacKman, Band of Brothers, or Super Gentlemen. All they will do is offline raid you because these money grubbing devs refuse to region lock China from the game. Gotta have that fucking cash grab, just ignore they are the biggest scumbag players there are. Sure am glad there's a point to playing NA when half the player base is in fucking China so they can just offline raid everyone. THANKS DEVS, assholes. 

Region lock definitely won’t happen. Band of brothers doesn’t really sound Chinese though. Do you mean Chinese American or just straight up Chinese because from what I am used to those people are usually  [][][][] or 123 😂

it sounds like you got hit by offlining Americans is what is sound like 

8 hours ago, Percieval said:

Not sure if it would work since the NA servers are also based in EU, atleast people said so on the forums. 

Nah I heard they're in America.  Basically the company that owns the server farm is a German company.  Tracing was showing the flag of the owner of the final destination, not the location the ping actually went.  One of those mismatches that happens when automating stuff.

That's what reddit was saying last I heard anyways.